Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Jones - Merged Thread

Started by TK_HOG, March 06, 2017, 11:33:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TK_HOG

What's the news on him, seems to be interested in the hogs since his dad and grandfather both played for Arkansas. I am a new poster here, but long time reader! Thanks for any info.

factchecker

John Stephen Jones is a class of 2018 QB at Highland Park.

I have no clue on the interest level on either side.  He is a good quarterback but a little small stature for the prototypical Enos QB.   Enos has recruited and signed QBs 6'2" or taller.  John is listed as 5'10" 165 lbs. on his maxpreps page:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/john-stephen-jones/DmbV41IIEea-8KA2nzwbTA/default.htm

Here is his hudl film:

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6297804/585f5259dfd8b708b0c6c8e6
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Piggfoot

If Jerry wants it he will recieve a legacy scholarship offer. JMHO
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on March 07, 2017, 08:06:54 am

If Jerry wants it, he'll walk on.......

Richard Davenport

He attended Arkansas' three day camp last summer. His father brought him.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2017, 08:22:07 am
Exactly. Even if he was good enough to offer he should be a walk on. Use that scholarship on another player.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The kid is a baller... I sure don't want to see him up at Mizzou where that last short QB they had went oft...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogInThaGrove

Quick release, release point, and improvisation ability remind me of Romo, though I can't imagine why.  Too bad he isn't 3-4 inches taller, he'd probably be a pretty high recruit.  Like the Allen brothers, there's always something to say when it comes to lineage. 

FraggleHog

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-jerry-jones-john-stephen-jones?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryHogs&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

"I'd like to walk on (at Arkansas) for sure," Jones said. "We'll see how everything turns out. If I ever get a chance to play at Arkansas, that's for sure where I'd be going."
Calling the Hogs from DFW

East TN HAWG

I say offer him a walk on spot, and !et him recruit the DFW area.   I think he would be an excellent recruiter in the DFW area for us.  The sooner the better.     

tophawg19

he could be a special teams guy if nothing else . maybe a holder on field goal unit
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogs run wild

let him walkon and keep the Jones/Arkansas Razorbacks relationship going.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Hogs run wild on March 11, 2017, 05:01:01 pm
Would love to see this. Wooo Pig.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

AugustaHog

He's obviously got game but is small SEC wise. It wouldn't matter if he was a bum, you give this kid the spot for all things considered.  Thankfully it looks like his ability actually warrants the look.

1highhog

You get this kid on the field somehow, he's a player for sure.  I wish he could play at QB but for the SEC he appears to be to short.  But he's got game, I'd get him on the field somewhere and I bet you wouldn't be sorry for it.

Vantage 8 dude

Why not? To me it's a "no-brainer".

GolfnHog

Unless he's set on being a college QB, he's got talent to be a slot receiver regardless of of SEC size or not. Kid has the tools, smarts, resources and the inherent smarts to be whatever he chooses in life. As my grandfather would say, "He comes from good stock". As a sidebar,  his great grandfather and my grandfather were dear friends for many many years.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hawkhawg

Give him a scholarship.  It will pay off one way or another.

Sivad

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 09, 2017, 09:08:23 am
"I'd like to walk on (at Arkansas) for sure," Jones said. "We'll see how everything turns out. If I ever get a chance to play at Arkansas, that's for sure where I'd be going."
Gotta love the Jones family.

COACHINTEXAS

Let's just say that if he gets a scholarship, it's because of Jerry!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

oldfart

a sure-
handed holder for place kicks is always an undervalued but highly important position

hobhog

Quote from: oldfart on March 20, 2017, 07:12:14 am
a sure-
handed holder for place kicks is always an undervalued but highly important position

Especially if he can run and throw. He is a no brainer.

247Hog

Then possibly get on staff as a GA after graduating.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ricepig

Quote from: 247Hog on March 23, 2017, 06:52:51 pm

He'll get on staff on another team after graduating, or more likely, the front office.

yraciv

Just got his first D1 offer from Texas Tech.

Having another huge season lighting up a large classification in Texas football.
https://t.co/Paxrx3Eegv

Richard Davenport

Quote from: yraciv on November 30, 2017, 12:43:08 pm
Just got his first D1 offer from Texas Tech.

Having another huge season lighting up a large classification in Texas football.
https://t.co/Paxrx3Eegv

He can flat out play.

go hogues

Why do I have a feeling he'll now be heading to the Hill....?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hawkhawg

Quote from: go hogues on December 05, 2017, 05:57:05 pm

I don't care how good he is. Get him a scholarship.

The Hawg Marshal

People pretty much underestimated a couple of other smallish Texas H.S. qbs (Manziel, Mayfield). I'd sign this kid and just see if he's the real deal or not. Even if he's not that great what have we lost? He's Jerry's grandson, we owe Jerry that much.

texas tush hog

Quote from: hawkhawg on December 05, 2017, 06:48:34 pm

You can bet Morris will, after all, he owes Jerry this job.

tkclark

Kid can flat out play.  Smart in the pocket, good with his feet, and accurate.  Not a huge arm but good enough for any spread team.  I have seen him play 8 or 9 times this year and last year.

emdavenp

Quote from: tkclark on December 06, 2017, 01:27:07 pm
Kid can flat out play.  Smart in the pocket, good with his feet, and accurate.

This does not describe our current QB situation. Sign me up.

Porkerpower

The kid is a winner smart .  Hell he's a Jones.  He was BORN to be a razorback.   

hobhog

Quote from: hawkhawg on December 05, 2017, 06:48:34 pm

Maybe his grandpa will let him walk on and pay his tuition. I think he can afford it.

okrazorback

Quote from: Piggfoot on March 07, 2017, 08:06:54 am

I do not blame him. That is his grandson.

jackflash

with only  17 to 20 we can take if would have to be a walk on I think

cjack

Quote from: go hogues on December 05, 2017, 05:57:05 pm

Haha. That's why Morris is here.  I think it's a given he's coming.  I'm hoping Jerry and whoever else is right about the Highland Park/SMU combo. I don't care who what when where why or how we win, I just hope we start seeing wins again from our Razorbacks.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2017, 08:22:07 am

This... The guy wipes his arse with enough money to pay this kid's tuition. If the kid is good enough He'll start..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Polecat

I wish my daughter would marry him so I could retire. LOL
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

LRHawg

I'd really hate for him to pan out to be the next Baker Mayfield and us not have given him a shot. I'm fairly certain that he'll come to the Hill next year, though.

jvanhorn

Quote from: 247Hog on March 23, 2017, 06:52:51 pm

Why, do you think he will need a job?

wpswillriseagain

Is there anybody on John Stephen Jones team that's worth looking at. Coaches are in Dallas watching their game. I know that's the same school CCM son goes but was wondering if they had any other talent

Oklahawg

Jone$' family ha$ $ome $pecial talent$ $ignificant in the future $ucce$$ of UA football. Kid might get a $cholly ju$t becau$e.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Lanlord

https://twitter.com/PatDoneyNBC5/status/939335826793746433

Highland Park QB John Stephen Jones (Jerry's grandson) just left the game with an injury. New Arkansas coach Chad Morris's son Chandler now in at QB for the Scots. @NBCDFW

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Lanlord on December 08, 2017, 09:54:54 pm
https://twitter.com/PatDoneyNBC5/status/939335826793746433

Highland Park QB John Stephen Jones (Jerry's grandson) just left the game with an injury. New Arkansas coach Chad Morris's son Chandler now in at QB for the Scots. @NBCDFW

There is just so much going on in this post, I think my head may explode.

This is my non-signature signature.

Pig in the Pokey

December 08, 2017, 11:07:44 pm #45 Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:18:29 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 08, 2017, 10:35:37 pm
There is just so much going on in this post, I think my head may explode.
i told ya uncle jerry picked chad. but im actually appreciative at this point. he got rid of bert for chad. Okay, bet, uncle jerruh.

By the way, Chandler Morris played great in relief of John Stephen Jones and Highland Park pulled out the 37-35 win.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dannyluvssonic

colbs

He tweeted saying he has been offered.

Hogtrillian

nwahogfan1