Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt isn't the problem, Arkansas is!

Started by Texas, September 24, 2005, 05:40:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas

The reality is that Nutt did a fantastic job in getting these guys prepared after our worst lost in over 75 years. Nutt is not the issue, the issue is that we have all these great expectations and act as if we are surprised by our record. When was the last time we won the national championship? It was arguably 1964, and even that is questionable!

The fact is that we are no Alabama, Texas, Florida, or USC. We are Arkansas and comparable to Ole Miss and Kentucky. The reason is that we do not have the money, talent, and resources to ever bring it to the other level.

Maybe, just maybe if we could recruit again in Texas then we could get back to the glory days of Lou Holtz but until we change something (not our coach, more like our conference)  maybe then we could compete.

Patch

Texas

JD_85

You are a true genius.

Wait......what's this?...........

No, you're not.

Bomis Hawg

Getting them prepared?  I can take the.  In-Game prep/adjustments?  Horrible.  Terrible play calling and adjustments.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 05:40:12 pm
The reality is that Nutt did a fantastic job in getting these guys prepared after our worst lost in over 75 years. Nutt is not the issue, the issue is that we have all these great expectations and act as if we are surprised by our record. When was the last time we won the national championship? It was arguably 1964, and even that is questionable!

The fact is that we are no Alabama, Texas, Florida, or USC. We are Arkansas and comparable to Ole Miss and Kentucky. The reason is that we do not have the money, talent, and resources to ever bring it to the other level.

Maybe, just maybe if we could recruit again in Texas then we could get back to the glory days of Lou Holtz but until we change something (not our coach, more like our conference) maybe then we could compete.

Your standards are way too low.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Texas

I agree we have had and will have great days ahead of us but everybody is so down on Nutt and the program. Broyles obviously knows that Nutt is not the problem and we can't have expectations like USC.

AFWarrior83

I would like 7 wins per season, that is not asking too much!!!!!!
Hogville member since 2005.

Patch

Anyone who thinks "Arkansas doesn't have the money to compete" obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Why even disect everything else you said when you make such a rediculous claim as this? Arkansas has ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING needed to compete at a high level (except for a high level coach)

Texas

O.K. Patch, give us good comparables to how we are like USC, Texas, Florida, or even LSU?

Flatfoot

200 million in the Razorback Foundation, Facilities arguably in the top 5 in the country, and plus we have you that think poor little Arkansas can't compete.  I have two words for you. BITE ME!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

oldlion75

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 05:42:43 pm
and you have reason to disagree?
I agree, oh not with you, with patch, you ARE a dumbass.  The system cost Arkansas the 1964 title, not Arkansas.  We had the expectations for the basketball team before 1994 and we shoud have them for the football team now.
THE Arkansas Razorbacks...2006 SECWC'S

Bubba Babaganush

What's with the reference to OUR team???  Texas??? Nice flag.  I think you are on the wrong board.

rricha

Texas

Quoting from the Dallas Morning News read this:

From an administrative standpoint, Brown, who is 59-18 in six years at UT, has turned Texas into a financial juggernaut.

Texas is third behind North Carolina and Michigan in merchandise sales, according to the Collegiate Licensing Company, which markets products for universities across the country.

According to financial information filed by schools in accordance with the government's Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, Texas had the second-largest athletic department budget in the country in the 2002-03 school year at $74.1 million. Only Ohio State's budget ($87.7 million) was larger.

Having money to spend on athletics is made possible, for the most part, by football, which contributes more than 80 percent to Texas' total athletic budget, according to Ed Goble, UT's associate athletic director for business.

The Longhorns' athletic budget for the 2004-05 school year is $80 million – $67 million of which is dedicated to paying the cost of sports teams and most of the venues. The other $13 million will pay for the cost of operating the Erwin Center, where Texas plays basketball.

Of the $67 million for athletics, football is contributing $55 million (82 percent), which means football is paying most of the bills for just about every sport other than men's basketball.

Texas

Flatfoot 304, how do you compare that to Arkansas' $10 million? It's a little different don't you think?

Flatfoot

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 05:54:23 pm
Flatfoot 304, how do you compare that to Arkansas' $10 million? It's a little different don't you think?

Buddy you haven't seen Arkansas' athletic budget lately have you?  Why don't you check and then get back to me what we spend every year. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 05:40:12 pm

Maybe, just maybe if we could recruit again in Texas then we could get back to the glory days of Lou Holtz but until we change something (not our coach, more like our conference) maybe then we could compete.
Well, who the hell do you think does our recruiting.  The head coach you idiot.  You know, I still think the HC/OC calls the plays too.  But I may be wrong.........

Texas

Everybody always says we have money because of the Waltons, Tysons, and Lindsey. First off, Jim Lindsey is a good ole boy that sells houses. He doesn't even compare to the big boys down in Texas. As for the Walton's when was the last time they actually gave money to the football program? That's right, they only give to the academic program aside from good ole Bud back in the day. So we are not as big as you think. How rich is Arkansas in comparison to the other states? Oh yea, we are 48th just in front of Mississippi!

OklaU

This isn't about which school has the money.  It is a combination of a variety of factors.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Texas

Unfortunately, it has come down to money just look at which schools have the biggest budgets. Those are the ones constantly in the Top 10.

PigInGulfport

Texas, you really need to check your facts. ,
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Arkapigdiesel

texass,

Can you please shut the Frank up?  Go over to a hornfans.com and post.  While you are at it, change your avatar image and your username.  The posters on here are backing up their statements with facts and statistics.  You have yet to do that.  Get the Frank out of here.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Patch

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 06:03:20 pm
Everybody always says we have money because of the Waltons, Tysons, and Lindsey. First off, Jim Lindsey is a good ole boy that sells houses. He doesn't even compare to the big boys down in Texas. As for the Walton's when was the last time they actually gave money to the football program? That's right, they only give to the academic program aside from good ole Bud back in the day. So we are not as big as you think. How rich is Arkansas in comparison to the other states? Oh yea, we are 48th just in front of Mississippi!

...again you are a certified dumbass. WalMart is the LARGEST RETAIL BUSINESS IN THE WORLD. Tyson is a billionaire. Compared to them, the Texass "big boys" are selling nickel lemonades in the front yard. Your digging yourself deeper. Quit now.

OklaU

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 06:05:31 pm
Unfortunately, it has come down to money just look at which schools have the biggest budgets. Those are the ones constantly in the Top 10.

Ok Tex, what is Arkansas lacks that requires money?  I can't think of anything...pay the players?

Texas

Answer this! How much money is Wal-mart giving to the football program? and chicken alone will not do it.

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 05:51:55 pm
Quoting from the Dallas Morning News read this:

From an administrative standpoint, Brown, who is 59-18 in six years at UT, has turned Texas into a financial juggernaut.

Texas is third behind North Carolina and Michigan in merchandise sales, according to the Collegiate Licensing Company, which markets products for universities across the country.

According to financial information filed by schools in accordance with the government's Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, Texas had the second-largest athletic department budget in the country in the 2002-03 school year at $74.1 million. Only Ohio State's budget ($87.7 million) was larger.

Having money to spend on athletics is made possible, for the most part, by football, which contributes more than 80 percent to Texas' total athletic budget, according to Ed Goble, UT's associate athletic director for business.

The Longhorns' athletic budget for the 2004-05 school year is $80 million – $67 million of which is dedicated to paying the cost of sports teams and most of the venues. The other $13 million will pay for the cost of operating the Erwin Center, where Texas plays basketball.

Of the $67 million for athletics, football is contributing $55 million (82 percent), which means football is paying most of the bills for just about every sport other than men's basketball.
Brown hasn't turned Texas into a monetary juggernaut!  Texas has turned itself into a juggernaut.  One person is not responsible for collegiate monetary success.  If it is a proven program, it will take care of itself.  I have never had anyone tell me they bought a piece of merchandise from whatever school they were promoting because of the HC.  You have to have the winning program to do that and Arkansas does not have winning programs, beside for Track and at the moment, baseball.

Texas

Well said, that is why we shouldn't fire Nutt.

Patch

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 06:09:31 pm
Answer this! How much money is Wal-mart giving to the football program? and chicken alone will not do it.

No idea, I do know that the university raised $1 Billion Dollars in donations, and the Razorback Foundation has over $250 Million Dollars readily available. This is the last time I respond to one of your dumbass posts, as you are obviously never going to understand, either through stubborness, or dumbassness.

OklaU

Regardless of what Arkansas has, everyone else has it too.  This materialistic view point on the success of the Razorback program is silly.

Texas

Wrong again Patch. The school hasn't received 1 billion. It has only been verbally pledged. Texas has close to 10 billion.

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 06:10:55 pm
Well said, that is why we shouldn't fire Nutt.
That is exactly the reason we should fire NumbNutt!  He can't guide us into a proven program.
Are you a reporter?  You love to work out of context.

HairyHog

Quote from: Patch on September 24, 2005, 05:46:21 pm
Anyone who thinks "Arkansas doesn't have the money to compete" obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Why even disect everything else you said when you make such a rediculous claim as this? Arkansas has ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING needed to compete at a high level (except for a high level coach)

There is enough there to give the HDN 1.5 mil to lose. Put that money into a guy that can coach.

HOGSnDOGS

Shazaam!  We have been approaching this football problem all wrong.  Damn, the time/heartache we could have saved ourselves if we just had more money in the foundation. 

Forget firing NumbNutt, lets get an 800 number and tax exemption status.  We need those donations folks.  That will for sure get us in the top 10.

Dip Schit. 

Torqued pork

Hey Texas, Arkansas has better venues in football,basketball and baseball than UT, none of which cost the taxpayers one farging penny. You can take your "Arkansas is third world" bullshiite back to that traffic jam you call home.

pfrg999

Your Name Is Texas.. You have a Texas Flag...Texas sucks so shut up...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Texas

No where am I saying Arkansas is stupid. My point is that the Waltons and Wintrop Rockerfeller is not giving money to the football program. It all goes back to the point that we are not a top program and never will be so everyone needs to get off Nutt's back.

pfrg999

Your Name Is Texas.. You have a Texas Flag...Texas sucks so shut up...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HOGSnDOGS

Why get off NumbNutt' ass.  He calls the plays, refuses to relinquish the OC title and can't win the big games. 

hawgwild02

i have tried my best to support nutt, but it keeps getting harder and harder.  in response to something cabothog said about talent and recruiting, i will have to agree.  correct me if i am wrong but i believe the best year nutt has had with the hogs, was with Danny Fords recruits, and has steadily went down hill ever since.  my opinion, Matt Jones was a big reason for some of the success the past couple of years, and now he is gone look were we are at. that's just one persons opinion

Arkapigdiesel

Hey, ya'll should feel sorry for the guy.  Not only is a GD moron, he has to live in texass.  Hell, I lived there for a little over two years before I was fortunate enough to move back home to Arkansas.  I even took a substantial paycut to move back, but it was WELL worth it.  There isn't a greater state than Arkansas.  F texass.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

SuperHog

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 24, 2005, 05:45:48 pm
I would like 7 wins per season, that is not asking too much!!!!!!

I'd like for 7 wins to be considered a "down year".  I don't think THAT is asking too much.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: hawgwild02 on September 24, 2005, 06:47:51 pm
i have tried my best to support nutt, but it keeps getting harder and harder. in response to something cabothog said about talent and recruiting, i will have to agree. correct me if i am wrong but i believe the best year nutt has had with the hogs, was with Danny Fords recruits, and has steadily went down hill ever since. my opinion, Matt Jones was a big reason for some of the success the past couple of years, and now he is gone look were we are at. that's just one persons opinion

You are 100% correct.  Welcome aboard.

Patch

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 06:39:13 pm
No where am I saying Arkansas is stupid. My point is that the Waltons and Wintrop Rockerfeller is not giving money to the football program. It all goes back to the point that we are not a top program and never will be so everyone needs to get off Nutt's back.

Dammit, I said I wasn't going to respond, but I can't help it. What facilities can Arkansas possibly improve upon? They are world class across the board.

Compared to Texass:

Arkansas has the better Football Stadium
Arkansas has the better Basketball Arena
Arkansas has the better Baseball Stadium
Arkansas has the better Weight Room
Arkansas has the better Practice Facilities for each of the above listed sports
Arkansas has the better track facilities
Arkansas pays it's head coach $1.5 Million Dollars and the DC $300K per year

and as I mentioned earlier, the Razorback Foundation has $250 Million Dollars readily available for use for Athletics. Now how is Arkansas lacking money? and what more can Arkansas improve on in regards to our facilities?

pfrg999

His Name Is Texas.. HE has a Texas Flag...Texas sucks so shut up...

hogsgrl09

texas....y the heck r u on here!!? this is an arkansas board. i think i might fail 2 realize that! get off!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

NuttsSacked

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 24, 2005, 06:55:03 pm
texas....y the heck r u on here!!? this is an arkansas board. i think i might fail 2 realize that! get off!!!

I like your taste in drivers.  I've been a Mark Martin fan since '89.

hogsgrl09

Quote from: NuttsSacked on September 24, 2005, 06:56:45 pm

I like your taste in drivers. I've been a Mark Martin fan since '89.

haha. thanks. thats cool. hes the best driver out there no matter what anybody else says. lol
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

NuttsSacked

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 24, 2005, 06:58:43 pm
Quote from: NuttsSacked on September 24, 2005, 06:56:45 pm

I like your taste in drivers. I've been a Mark Martin fan since '89.

haha. thanks. thats cool. hes the best driver out there no matter what anybody else says. lol

I think he's proved that in the IROC series.  Just give him the right equipment.