Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Season prediction for U of A football

Started by HognotinMemphis, August 30, 2017, 09:18:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 07, 2017, 03:30:19 pm
LOL!

No kidding.  I was expecting another disappointing year.  Turns out I underestimated CBB's ineptitude.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 30, 2017, 09:48:54 am
Well well well.  Hate to say nobody cares...but nobody cares. I'd prefer we go ahead and play the games rather than rely on your predictions.
Well, we played them. I am perfect so far. Now what?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Wildhog on August 30, 2017, 07:32:43 pm
Absolutely no way we have a losing record.
See how little knowledge you have when you post as much as this guy? Read more, post less.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jkstock04

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2017, 09:18:40 am
Fla A&M - Win

TCU - Loss (team speed and TCU coaching = a win in RRS for the Horny Toads)

Texas A&M - Loss (this will make 6 losses in a row to A&M)

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Alabama - Loss (0-3 start in SEC...sound familiar? 11 consecutive losses to Alabama)

Auburn - Loss (they beat us 56-3 last year. We have not improved nearly enough to play with them; 0-4 start in SEC)

Ole Miss - Win (OM will be reeling all year)

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

Missouri - Win (i hope...they are better than last year and Hogs are worse)

Win the last two over crap SEC teams too go from 1-5 to 3-5 and 6-6 overall, saving the program from missing a bowl game. Hogs go to bottom tier bowl this year and lose to another 6-6 team after having a double-digit lead at the half.

Bielema is 10-22 in SEC play. Another 3-5 this year, at best, followed by anything less than 5-3 in 2018, and Bielema will be fired after 2018, assuming he does not leave on his own. Doubt he will do that given the income he receives. Tough to find that kind of income anywhere in college football when your conference winning percentage is 31% after 4 seasons.

Impressive. I bet you stumble on those last 2 picks! Lol.

It's beyond amazing to me how many people had this blind faith homerism towards Bielema. I mean people really believed based off of 2013-2016 we were solid set to win 9 or 10 games easily this year.

It's not just people that posted in this thread either. There was and never has been a logical reason to believe Bielema was going to win double digit games in a season here...but I guarantee you if Bielema comes back next year it'll be the same thing over again.

Jeff Long will send out his academic progress reports and achievements in the offseason...we will hear some inside info from a parent and the media how awesome things are going. Players have worked harder than the ever in the history of the Razorbacks, they have a chip on their shoulder out to prove something, stronger and faster than ever, etc. And come mid to late August the Bielema excitement wil be at a high pitched fever...10 plus game winning predictions will be the norm once again.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 07, 2017, 03:33:02 pm
See how little knowledge you have when you post as much as this guy? Read more, post less.

Already addressed it.  Posted more.

I understand you don't realize it, because you only show up when times are bad, but I've been saying for years that Bielema will never get it done here.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2017, 05:04:57 pm
Already addressed it.  Posted more.

I understand you don't realize it, because you only show up when times are bad, but I've been saying for years that Bielema will never get it done here.
You did not say that through your prediction. BS yourself. It does not work on me. Keep up the aimless posting. It suits you well.

PygmalionEffect2

I haven't been back on here long enough to figure out why several posters on here seem to dislike you. 

You seem pretty reasonable to me.

Congrats on the prediction to date Memphis.  I sure hope your streak continues and we win the last two, but I think CBB might be so incompetent as to make even your prediction look like it was made while drunk on the kool-aid.

I'm sure I would have thought we were good for 8 wins this year.  I'm always overly optimistic.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Wildhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 07, 2017, 06:36:48 pm
You did not say that through your prediction. BS yourself. It does not work on me. Keep up the aimless posting. It suits you well.

Aren't you really old?
1909/1964/1965/1977

HognotinMemphis

EastexHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 07, 2017, 04:36:28 pm
Impressive. I bet you stumble on those last 2 picks! Lol.

It's beyond amazing to me how many people had this blind faith homerism towards Bielema. I mean people really believed based off of 2013-2016 we were solid set to win 9 or 10 games easily this year.

You're shocked that people believed before the season?  That's nothing.  There are people who have watched the first nine games of this season and still think there is a chance that we play LSU close, maybe even win.

It's amazing.  We get slaughtered by every decent team we play for a year but there are people who convince themselves that we're really not all that bad.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Lanny

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 07, 2017, 06:49:32 pm
I haven't been back on here long enough to figure out why several posters on here seem to dislike you. 

Congrats on the prediction to date Memphis.  I sure hope your streak continues and we win the last two, but I think CBB might be so incompetent as to make even your prediction look like it was made while drunk on the kool-aid.

I'm sure I would have thought we were good for 8 wins this year.  I'm always overly optimistic.
hoginMemphis is the voice of reason
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

The NewEra

Even the most skeptical didn't envision the type of fail we've been presented with this year.

And this idiot (ME) was calling for a minimum 8 win season.  The hype about all of the off-season commitment got the best of me.

If there's red liquid stuff all over your computer screens, my apologies, it's me  :puke: up the kool-aid. 

Hogwild

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 07, 2017, 06:49:32 pm

I think its the same reason, people got upset with other posters like Robert Shields, they called out Long and CBB early.  They saw that it wasn't working and said so, it went against the established norm.   Fans bought and drank the Kool Aid that Jeff Long and CBB were offering.  People really believed that we could take 3* athletes redshirt them for a few years and our coaches would have them competing against 5* SEC players. Long and CBB, are highly paid, earning in excess of $25 million over the past 5 seasons, despite having less than 30 wins, no one wanted to believe their eyes that this program has a failure in leadership. 

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: Hogwild on November 08, 2017, 07:56:37 am

I think its the same reason, people got upset with other posters like Robert Shields, they called out Long and CBB early.  They saw that it wasn't working and said so, it went against the established norm.   Fans bought and drank the Kool Aid that Jeff Long and CBB were offering.  People really believed that we could take 3* athletes redshirt them for a few years and our coaches would have them competing against 5* SEC players. Long and CBB, are highly paid, earning in excess of $25 million over the past 5 seasons, despite having less than 30 wins, no one wanted to believe their eyes that this program has a failure in leadership. 
Arrogant post. You should be a red wolves fan.

Jk

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I hope you bet money somewhere otherwise you left a lot of cash on the field this season
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 07, 2017, 03:31:34 pm
Well, we played them. I am perfect so far. Now what?

How ya feelin'bout those last 3 picks..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: bhogs05 on August 30, 2017, 09:35:54 am
Fla A&M- W
TCU-W
A&M-W
NM St-W
S Car-W
Bama-L
Auburn-L
Ole Miss-W
Coastal-W
LSU-L
Miss St-W
Mizzou-W

9-3 and New Years Bowl

I didn't post in this thread earlier, but I think this one was similar to mine. On the win side, I was concerned mostly about Miss State Dawgs, so I might have had that one as an L. So probably 8-4.

The thing is...this is what our record should have been. I know H-in-M and many others are patting themselves on the back. Awesome. It's easy enough to predict 2 wins every year...then stay quiet if we win more.

Speaking for myself, I never thought the following would happen—
-Austin Allen never resembled the early 2016 quarterback we had, for a number of reasons.
-Rawleigh's loss would be felt to this degree.
-No playmakers at receiver (with the possible exception of Nance).
-Our offensive line going from dysfunctional to questionable to worrisome to poor.
-No improvement on defense despite new leadership.
-No playmakers on the defensive line/pass rush.
-No improvement in our kicking game/field goal kicking, at least not vs TCU. (The lesser-visible reason for the loss.)
-The appearance of looking like we don't practice, which isn't the same thing as not being prepared.
-That we would not have recovered from the 2 season-ending losses from last year. I understand that we didn't, I just didn't think it would happen.

Oh, and there's no way we win any of our last 3. We simply don't have people who can make plays. Mizzou discovered a few the other day. Unless they disappear, that's an L.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 08, 2017, 01:27:02 pm
How ya feelin'bout those last 3 picks..?
If you can read, read what I said about them yesterday in this same thread.

HognotinMemphis

Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Alabama - Loss (0-3 start in SEC...sound familiar? 11 consecutive losses to Alabama)

Auburn - Loss (they beat us 56-3 last year. We have not improved nearly enough to play with them; 0-4 start in SEC)

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

Win the last two over crap SEC teams too go from 1-5 to 3-5 and 6-6 overall, saving the program from missing a bowl game. Hogs go to bottom tier bowl this year and lose to another 6-6 team after having a double-digit lead at the half.

Bielema is 10-22 in SEC play. Another 3-5 this year, at best, followed by anything less than 5-3 in 2018, and Bielema will be fired after 2018, assuming he does not leave on his own. Doubt he will do that given the income he receives. Tough to find that kind of income anywhere in college football when your conference winning percentage is 31% after 4 seasons.
Still perfect on my original prediction. But, will be wrong about the last 2 games. Totally and completely misjudged how good Miss St is and misjudged Mizzou too. Mizzou not very good but they are measurably better than Arkansas, as is every other SEC team this year.

I knew this year's team would be worse than last year's team that went 7-5 hence my 6-6 prediction for this season. I should have gone with my instinct which was 5-7 with a loss to Miss St.

Pecos Hog

Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

Great start.   But misstake and missery are a whole lot stronger now than what everyone thought before the season.     4-8 here we come.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 12, 2017, 11:07:26 am
Great start.   But misstake and missery are a whole lot stronger now than what everyone thought before the season.     4-8 here we come.
You are correct, with benefit of looking back at this season. As I said, I did not realize that Miss St would be as good as they are. Should have known they'd be better than Ark with Mullen at the helm vs dimwits coaching Ark. So I'll miss my prediction by 2 games. I suggested 5-7 was very possible so will rationalize that I really missed my prediction by only 1 game.  ;D

Also, I did not even hint at possibility of Bielema being fired after this season but figured it would come for certain after 2018. But who saw 1-7 in SEC coming this year? I think 3-5 in SEC would have kept him here another year for sure but whiffing on that by 2 wins is unacceptable in year 5. Book ended his 5 years here with 0-8 and 1-7. Unbelievable. 11-29 in SEC after losing to Miss ST and Mizzou.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 12, 2017, 11:44:48 am
You are correct, with benefit of looking back at this season. As I said, I did not realize that Miss St would be as good as they are. Should have known they'd be better than Ark with Mullen at the helm vs dimwits coaching Ark. So I'll miss my prediction by 2 games. I suggested 5-7 was very possible so will rationalize that I really missed my prediction by only 1 game.  ;D

Also, I did not even hint at possibility of Bielema being fired after this season but figured it would come for certain after 2018. But who saw 1-7 in SEC coming this year? I think 3-5 in SEC would have kept him here another year for sure but whiffing on that by 2 wins is unacceptable in year 5. Book ended his 5 years here with 0-8 and 1-7. Unbelievable. 11-29 in SEC after losing to Miss ST and Mizzou.

Heck of a job with the predictions!  You're perception is clear and you obviously know the game.       There'll always be surprises (misstake and missery).       Amazing how many here were predicting 7, 8, or even 9 wins this year.   What ever did they see to make them think that?!   But it didn't take some of us but a few minutes of play - actually our first drive - against FAMU to realize we were no better than 5 wins this season.    Looks like I might have been a bit generous with saying 5.     I've never seen our team so bad.

TDHawgs

Guys we are lucky to have won 4 games.. Ole Miss had to have a total breakdown to give us that miracle win.  Plus the Coastal Carolina game was lost if Gibson doesn't recover that fumble late in the game. We are terrible.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: TDHawgs on November 12, 2017, 01:18:45 pm
Guys we are lucky to have won 4 games.. Ole Miss had to have a total breakdown to give us that miracle win.  Plus the Coastal Carolina game was lost if Gibson doesn't recover that fumble late in the game. We are terrible.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be another win on the 2017 schedule...  4-8, no bowl game, bye-bye Bret.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Even though I have never liked the Bret hire and never believed he would do well here, I did believe he would actually go to work and make year 5 the best year to date and get himself another 5 to 7 years with us being below average at best.

Memphis has nailed the prediction so far but i do believe even he is off the rails now.