Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Florida

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 10, 2016, 10:59:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bighog2255

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 12:54:49 pm
It was a good timeout.  Down 4, 1 min left in the half and Fl gaining some momentum.  Now the execution out of it was poor as was the lineup.  Kouassi and Whitt in instead of Bell and a good passer in Thompson.  Should have had something out of that timeout to get Bell or Hannahs a shot.  It was wasted and now we are down 6.

I see your point....but if you don't make the right decisions coming out of the timeout (personnel, play call), then the end result was a bad timeout. Florida took one really early and came out with 5 straight points...good timeout for them

Quote from: sadhogfan on March 10, 2016, 12:50:16 pm
Kingsley doing his best to show NBA scouts that he is nowhere near ready.

Will be a monster next year though.
He will make some team in Greece much better.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

PORKULATOR

Mike prepared them for a soft easy game and Florida came to play.  Another great job of embarrassing the University,  the fans,  the players...  way to look ready to call it a year.

I'm embarrassed.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BassinHawg

Playing like a reflection of their coach!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hobhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 12:54:49 pm
It was a good timeout.  Down 4, 1 min left in the half and Fl gaining some momentum.  Now the execution out of it was poor as was the lineup.  Kouassi and Whitt in instead of Bell and a good passer in Thompson.  Should have had something out of that timeout to get Bell or Hannahs a shot.  It was wasted and now we are down 6.

We have seen this many times before. Durham ends up with the ball after timeouts and shot clock dwindling. He either drives and gets packed or in this case just throws it away. Opposing defenses can't hope for anything better, yet nothing ever changes.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 10, 2016, 12:55:51 pm
Moses could be going to the NBA. Not after this tape.

Egbunu gets in his head. Something between the Nigerians.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hawg4life33

How many above average athletes do we have?  Just a roster completely unsuited for what Mike is trying to do.

Jackrabbit Hog

Highlight of the first half for me:  Play-by-play guy's call - "Chiozza with the Linda Ronstadt move.  Blew by you."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ronmahony

Best they have seen Florida defense in last six games. Sure, they aren't having to do anything!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Dr. Starcs

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bighog2255 on March 10, 2016, 12:57:45 pm
I see your point....but if you don't make the right decisions coming out of the timeout (personnel, play call), then the end result was a bad timeout. Florida took one really early and came out with 5 straight points...good timeout for them

The timing of it was good.  The execution from it was not. 

I get why Thompson wasn't in although you could hide him on the def end in the zone.  I do not know why Whitt over Bell or why we were operating so far out away from the basket especially with Moses. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jackrabbit Hog

We have one position on the court that gives us nothing.  Nothing.  Hard to play 4 on 5, especially when your long range guys are off and your center is being outplayed.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bighog2255

Quote from: Nuttbashed on March 10, 2016, 12:57:10 pm
0 effort. This team has quit and has mailed it in.

We were terrible in 1st half for sure, but I don't think this is the case at all! If we hit a few more shots, does that mean we had great effort?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 10, 2016, 12:55:23 pm
Inconsistent effort and below average execution makes for this type of game.

But, its not as if Florida is playing that much better. The difference is they've hit some outside shots.

Despite all that, its still winnable.
I'm strapped in till the end.

Jackrabbit Hog

TC3hogs

Did not play with any sense of urgency. Can't make anything, missing free throws, getting out worked by a guy with one hand. Moses played soft that half. And our bench is really bad. No one can score outside of three guys on our entire team. Allen is so much better than Whitt. Go hogs 👌🏻

Dr. Starcs

You can't blame effort totally when we've held them to 29 points. That's pretty solid defense.

But we've gotta hit some shots to give us a chance.

dhizzle

When the defender is going over the top to beat you to your spot just stop by the goal and make an easy layup.

hoglady

I hope Whitt works really, really hard during the summer to improve his shot and his overall game.
We needed more from him this year, we needed him to be a dependable scorer coming off the bench.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

elksnort

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on March 10, 2016, 12:57:31 pm
I just hate Florida sooooooo much

I grew up there, my sister and many friends were Gators, so I can't hate them. But I'm beyond tired of losing to them.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 10, 2016, 01:01:53 pm
You can't blame effort totally when we've held them to 29 points. That's pretty solid defense.

I think that's more a case of Florida being nearly equally as bad as we were.

Atlhogfan1

I'm not seeing the lack of effort.  Both teams are playing hard especially defensively and def rebounding.  We aren't getting a lot of good looks. Bell and Hannahs are 0-5 from 3. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

Florida should not be in this game with us.  Yet, there they are with the lead. Just dumb...

PORKULATOR

Why are we cursed when playing Florida. Doesn't matter the quality of the coaches/players/year...  We shoot bad against them, rebound worse,  and always lose.  I can't stand it. Can't catch a break or a bit of luck EVER in a game with them.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Jackrabbit Hog

On the bright side, I don't think the refs are screwing us   (yet).       :D

hobhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 01:00:33 pm
The timing of it was good.  The execution from it was not. 

I get why Thompson wasn't in although you could hide him on the def end in the zone.  I do not know why Whitt over Bell or why we were operating so far out away from the basket especially with Moses.

Thompson should never have seen the court after 2nd foul until 2nd half. No idea what MA was thinking....

Letsroll1200

Its simple. Hannah and Bell has to make some plays in the second half. Kingsley play with the energy you had before people started talking about you.

We haven't made a 3 point basket and can't make free throws. This second half is about the name in front of the jersey and your teammates.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 10, 2016, 01:04:17 pm
Plenty of time for that...

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 10, 2016, 12:59:05 pm
Egbunu gets in his head. Something between the Nigerians.

Moses has all the ability in the world, but doesn't play with the same amount of intensity as Portis did. That's why we were so good last year Portis and Qualls played every game like it was their last. I see Moses complaining about fouls, not hustling and not making a effort to hit the boards. He has to up his energy level.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 10, 2016, 01:04:17 pm

We've been doing a pretty good job of doing that to ourselves - no one else is needed.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Athog

Quote from: TC3hogs on March 10, 2016, 01:01:50 pm
Did not play with any sense of urgency. Can't make anything, missing free throws, getting out worked by a guy with one hand. Moses played soft that half. And our bench is really bad. No one can score outside of three guys on our entire team. Allen is so much better than Whitt. Go hogs 👌🏻

Agree! Better play with more intensity or that's it till next year !!

bighog2255

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 10, 2016, 01:03:56 pm
Why are we cursed when playing Florida. Doesn't matter the quality of the coaches/players/year...  We shoot bad against them, rebound worse,  and always lose.  I can't stand it. Can't catch a break or a bit of luck EVER in a game with them.

I can't remember when we had the edge in personnel or coaching. That might have something to do with it...

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on March 10, 2016, 01:05:37 pm
Moses has all the ability in the world, but doesn't play with the same amount of intensity as Portis did. That's why we were so good last year Portis and Qualls played every game like it was their last. I see Moses complaining about fouls, not hustling and not making a effort to hit the boards. He has to up his energy level.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that see Moses not giving his all. Too much complaining and not enough competing.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

PORKULATOR

I'd like  to see Florida called for some offensive fouls for moving screens. They do it every series

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Dr. Starcs

I know it is a focus, but I'm not fond of us forcing them to continue going baseline on us.

Bogghawg

From the way they described Egbnunu's injury that must be one heck of a brace he's wearing.  I really thought we would be able to take advantage of him if he even played.  And OBTW, Moses is useless today.  What's up with that?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Atlhogfan1

Well we have gotten Bell and Hannahs involved.  Don't know why it took the half to do it. 

hobhog

Bogghawg

So what is our 3 point consecutive game streak?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

bighog2255

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 10, 2016, 01:13:27 pm
And OBTW, Moses is useless today.  What's up with that?

He is missing shots. That simple.

elksnort

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 10, 2016, 01:13:27 pm
From the way they described Egbnunu's injury that must be one heck of a brace he's wearing.  I really thought we would be able to take advantage of him if he even played.  And OBTW, Moses is useless today.  What's up with that?
It's the reason we're losing.