1/21 Kentucky 18,588
1/27 Texas A&M 10,547
1/30 Texas Tech 13,751
2/6 Tennessee 14,093
2/17 Auburn 8,102
2/20 Missouri 13,040
2/23 LSU 9,522
3/5 S. Carolina 14,548

There were 9,470 at the Mercer game in Verizon. So, didn't even draw an average of 10K fans in Bud Walton this year.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 10:17:49 am
All numbers are actual attendance, not paid:

11/13 Southern 6,603
11/18 Akron 5,902
11/20 Charleston Southern 6,764
12/1 Northwestern St. 4,809
12/8 Evansville 4,555
12/12 Tennessee Tech 6,842
12/22 North Florida 7,281
1/5 Vanderbilt 6,387
1/9 Mississippi St. 11,157
1/21 Kentucky 18,588
1/27 Texas A&M 10,547
1/30 Texas Tech 13,751
2/6 Tennessee 14,093
2/17 Auburn 8,102
2/20 Missouri 13,040
2/23 LSU 9,522
3/5 S. Carolina 14,548

There were 9,470 at the Mercer game in Verizon. So, didn't even draw an average of 10K fans in Bud Walton this year.

Not bad for this team, this year.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

BRHogfan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on March 07, 2016, 10:20:26 am
I did not go to a game or watch one on tv. That's how much I care after 20 years of suck. I'm one of those empty seats.

Why in the world are you posting in Jump Ball then?  GTFO fairweather fan.

Atlhogfan1

Those numbers are **. Less than 10k is horrible. Many seasons you can blame winter weather for a low attendance. But this season low was a norm apparently.

The schedule didnt help.  We discussed before the season it wasnt appealing. Non conf scheduling is doing almost nothing for helping the brand. It was good for rpi and chance for wins. The 6 pm weeknight tips dont help either
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JackMcQueen

In nine home baseball games, the attendance has been higher than twelve of the basketball games.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Dominicanhog

Wonder how that will compare in the SEC? National?   probably not as bad as it sounds...

MikePiazza

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 07, 2016, 10:29:03 am
Those numbers are **. Less than 10k is horrible. Many seasons you can blame winter weather for a low attendance. But this season low was a norm apparently.

The schedule didnt help.  We discussed before the season it wasnt appealing. Non conf scheduling is doing almost nothing for helping the brand. It was good for rpi and chance for wins. The 6 pm weeknight tips dont help either

6 p.m. tips are awful, I agree. We have the SEC Network to thank for those. Don't know why they can't schedule the games at 8 ET and 10 ET, but I guess the people in Charlotte don't want to be staying up past midnight to watch games.

And yeah, there wasn't a single marquee non-conference game in Bud Walton Arena other than Texas Tech, which only drew 13K fans. You bring in a Kansas, and the place is probably packed. I would like to see them try and bring in 1-2 marquee opponents in the non-con next year. I think playing like a Michigan State or a Cincinnati or an Arizona would be fun.

WOOPIGMAN

Guys, I don't know why you're not more excited, after that slinky halftime show, the Bud should be poppin next year! Like everyone say's Mike we trust you man, you're trying. Winning isn't important in your 5th or 6th year because all of your first 5 years worth of depth left you, right? We're okay with mediocrity and one NCAA appearance that only got to the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney with two NBA players and 3 seniors.

THIS IS BS, WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

MikePiazza

Quote from: WOOPIGMAN on March 07, 2016, 11:04:45 am
Guys, I don't know why you're not more excited, after that slinky halftime show, the Bud should be poppin next year! Like everyone say's Mike we trust you man, you're trying. Winning isn't important in your 5th or 6th year because all of your first 5 years worth of depth left you, right? We're okay with mediocrity and one NCAA appearance that only got to the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney with two NBA players and 3 seniors.

THIS IS BS, WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

One.

And only two.

BRHogfan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on March 07, 2016, 10:33:16 am
Fairweather is year to year. We've had like maybe 3 decent years in the past two decades lol. But whatever. There are more empty seats than full ones, so I'm in the majority

Dude, you said you don't even watch on TV. 

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 10:34:52 am
6 p.m. tips are awful, I agree. We have the SEC Network to thank for those. Don't know why they can't schedule the games at 8 ET and 10 ET, but I guess the people in Charlotte don't want to be staying up past midnight to watch games.

And yeah, there wasn't a single marquee non-conference game in Bud Walton Arena other than Texas Tech, which only drew 13K fans. You bring in a Kansas, and the place is probably packed. I would like to see them try and bring in 1-2 marquee opponents in the non-con next year. I think playing like a Michigan State or a Cincinnati or an Arizona would be fun.

8 and 10 ET means tip in BWA is either 7 or 9. & is great, 9 is horrible.

As for marquee teams, they require a home & home, usually, which complicates it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on March 07, 2016, 11:46:20 am

As for marquee teams, they require a home & home, usually, which complicates it.

9 our time is horrible in terms of getting home after the game, but it would mean more people would actually show up, versus those who won't fight the traffic to get there after work.

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 11:50:14 am
9 our time is horrible in terms of getting home after the game, but it would mean more people would actually show up, versus those who won't fight the traffic to get there after work.

Maybe, or maybe just as many that wont fight to get to an early game would use the late start as an excuse not to come. I know I am not coming from FS for a 9pm tip, that means I am hme around midnight, have to be up at 6:30am, not happening.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on March 07, 2016, 11:53:03 am
Maybe, or maybe just as many that wont fight to get to an early game would use the late start as an excuse not to come. I know I am not coming from FS for a 9pm tip, that means I am hme around midnight, have to be up at 6:30am, not happening.

I just miss the old days of the 7 p.m. Jefferson Pilot games. Worked for everyone.

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 11:58:16 am
I just miss the old days of the 7 p.m. Jefferson Pilot games. Worked for everyone.

Definitely. If I am not mistaken the Hogs had home tip off times of 12:30, 2, 2:30, 3, 4, 4:30, 6, 6:30, 7, 8 and 8:30 this season.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on March 07, 2016, 12:00:07 pm
Definitely. If I am not mistaken the Hogs had home tip off times of 12:30, 2, 2:30, 3, 4, 4:30, 6, 6:30, 7, 8 and 8:30 this season.

Yep. Be nice to have uniform times, whether it's noon or 2:30 or 3:00 or 3:30 for weekend games or 7:00 for weeknight games.

Another thing hurting attendance is that when the fans do actually show up (Ole Miss & LSU last year, UK this year), the team loses. Why would fans come back when they continually get burned when they do show?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on March 07, 2016, 11:46:20 am

It isn't as difficult as scheduling home and homes in football given you get so many home games when you are a program like Arkansas.  Plus a loss isn't nearly as damaging. Add one or two a season along with a neutral court addition or two (and I'm not counting the nearly annual debacle in NLR).  Or for now, find better teams of interest at the least.  We did schedule two ACC home and homes recently but lower level ones.  The Big 12 challenge doesn't really count as we are brought the opponent.  We know our recruiting needs help especially with this staff.  Also, the reputation of our team last season wasn't near what it was inside our fan base due to our schedule.  We aren't presenting ourselves as or trying to create an illusion of a program who should be more than an afterthought.  Looks like the theory for scheduling has been to try and pile up some wins, have a chance at a respectable rpi and build off of them. 

I just think there is an opportunity to put ourselves out there more even if it would mean a couple of more losses.  And perhaps that may help in interest even within our own fan base.  We lost to Clemson and Wake anyway.  An SEC like football school and a recent ACC bottom feeder.  If the big brands don't want to come to BWA for a game, offer a neutral court or take a challenge on a "neutral" court that may not be so neutral.  Not that Duke would be interested in us right now, but they offered Utah a chance to play them in their nearly annual MSG non conference game and Utah's Coach K jumped at it.  He knows NJ/NY is a Duke area and there was a chance for a loss but he took it to help his brand.  Not sure how aggressive we have been looking for those types while we are trying to rebuild.  Calipari used scheduling to help build an image at Memphis of a program bigger than what it was when he arrived and before he won big there.  Some of our fans believed Portis and 27 wins created more recognition and excitement than it did last season. 

You knew when the schedule came out it was blah.  Everything about the program is as we discussed then.  And scheduling is something they have some control over.  Not asking for UNC, Duke, KU, Mich St, IU, UCLA on one schedule or even any program like that in a home and home right now.  Just create some interest though in the season with a brand home game or two other than the possible Big 12 challenge matchup and something outside of a neutral court tourney.  Akron and Dayton have nice teams and Dayton is a good program but those games don't resonate inside our fan base outside of the diehards and certainly not beyond our fan base. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 07, 2016, 12:33:15 pm
It isn't as difficult as scheduling home and homes in football given you get so many home games when you are a program like Arkansas.  Plus a loss isn't nearly as damaging. Add one or two a season along with a neutral court addition or two (and I'm not counting the nearly annual debacle in NLR).  Or for now, find better teams of interest at the least.  We did schedule two ACC home and homes recently but lower level ones.  The Big 12 challenge doesn't really count as we are brought the opponent.  We know our recruiting needs help especially with this staff.  Also, the reputation of our team last season wasn't near what it was inside our fan base due to our schedule.  We aren't presenting ourselves as or trying to create an illusion of a program who should be more than an afterthought.  Looks like the theory for scheduling has been to try and pile up some wins, have a chance at a respectable rpi and build off of them. 

I just think there is an opportunity to put ourselves out there more even if it would mean a couple of more losses.  And perhaps that may help in interest even within our own fan base.  We lost to Clemson and Wake anyway.  An SEC like football school and a recent ACC bottom feeder.  If the big brands don't want to come to BWA for a game, offer a neutral court or take a challenge on a "neutral" court that may not be so neutral.  Not that Duke would be interested in us right now, but they offered Utah a chance to play them in their nearly annual MSG non conference game and Utah's Coach K jumped at it.  He knows NJ/NY is a Duke area and there was a chance for a loss but he took it to help his brand.  Not sure how aggressive we have been looking for those types while we are trying to rebuild.  Calipari used scheduling to help build an image at Memphis of a program bigger than what it was when he arrived and before he won big there.  Some of our fans believed Portis and 27 wins created more recognition and excitement than it did last season. 

You knew when the schedule came out it was blah.  Everything about the program is as we discussed then.  And scheduling is something they have some control over.  Not asking for UNC, Duke, KU, Mich St, IU, UCLA on one schedule or even any program like that in a home and home right now.  Just create some interest though in the season with a brand home game or two other than the possible Big 12 challenge matchup and something outside of a neutral court tourney.  Akron and Dayton have nice teams and Dayton is a good program but those games don't resonate inside our fan base outside of the diehards and certainly not beyond our fan base. 
I agree with this. Get regular home-and-home dates with Texas, Oklahoma, OK State, Baylor -- teams that can generate some fan excitement.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HotlantaHog on March 07, 2016, 12:43:14 pm
I agree with this. Get regular home-and-home dates with Texas, Oklahoma, OK State, Baylor -- teams that can generate some fan excitement.

Baylor because of the athletes they have and style they will play.  It would bring some appeal.  But I would also like to see us broaden it too.  Call JT III at Georgetown(while he is still there) and get a series going.  Home and home and maybe a third neutral somewhere.  They have a faded brand but it resonates more than playing Clemson in basketball.  Go beyond our region.  Create something of interest.  We don't even have a non conference regional rival now.  Memphis bailed because Cal wanted to create a national brand.  Mizzou is now in our conference of course. 

hogman99

Easy road wins for them.

hogsanity

Quote from: HotlantaHog on March 07, 2016, 12:43:14 pm

Geesh, just like football when this comes up, our fans act like no one plays the game outside of our immediate neighbors or old SWC foes.

hawgmasta

What was the actual not paid attendance last year? I'm lazy.

razoredge178

I would take a gander that our average per game attendance is in the top 3 or 4 in the conference....not too bad for those of us that make up the nearly 10K worth of folks, that file into that building year in, year out, not knowing if we're going to see a team that can beat anybody, or a team that can beat no one.

CMA doesn't run design plays and recruits undisciplined players. Very bad combo. The net result is some inconsistent form of street ball.

TNhawgfan

I have no problems at all with the SEC Network. Thanks to them, I can watch ALL basketball and baseball games (either on tv or online). I could only dream of that a few years ago. They can start games whatever time they want...I'm just glad they're on
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TNhawgfan

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 11:58:16 am
Not out of state fans it didn't. I ALWAYS had TN or KY
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

MikePiazza

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 07, 2016, 01:53:11 pm
I would take a gander that our average per game attendance is in the top 3 or 4 in the conference....not too bad for those of us that make up the nearly 10K worth of folks, that file into that building year in, year out, not knowing if we're going to see a team that can beat anybody, or a team that can beat no one.

CMA doesn't run design plays and recruits undisciplined players. Very bad combo. The net result is some inconsistent form of street ball.

LOL. Except for that designed play against Tennessee last week that got someone a wide-open layup. As for undisciplined players, who got in trouble during the season? I can't remember a single suspension after the counterfeiting deal and Jacorey getting booted off.

pigture perfect

I doubt we will have capacity crowds next year, even if the halftime show involved stripper poles and free beer.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razoredge178

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 02:34:03 pm
LOL. Except for that designed play against Tennessee last week that got someone a wide-open layup. As for undisciplined players, who got in trouble during the season? I can't remember a single suspension after the counterfeiting deal and Jacorey getting booted off.

If you know anything about the program, you would know that CMA doesn't run design plays up and down the court. Inbounds/shot clock/etc. situations, sometimes does. But as a 40 minute rule, he doesn't. Hence the players never LOOKING over to him for play calls.

The "undisciplined" refers to on the court, not off. To run an offense like CMA seems to desire, he needs highly disciplined players that understand ball rotation, player rotation, clock management, unselfishness, etc.

How many times this year have we have had a 10+pt. lead with 2-3 minutes left and Bell goes down and pops a no pass shot with 24 seconds left on the clock? Then the next game we trail by 10+pts. with 3-4 minutes left and we exhaust the shot clock before ringing off a desperation fire at the board, when we needed to play with urgency?

Its called undisciplined.

BRHogfan

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 07, 2016, 02:59:08 pm
If you know anything about the program, you would know that CMA doesn't run design plays up and down the court. Inbounds/shot clock/etc. situations, sometimes does. But as a 40 minute rule, he doesn't. Hence the players never LOOKING over to him for play calls.

The "undisciplined" refers to on the court, not off. To run an offense like CMA seems to desire, he needs highly disciplined players that understand ball rotation, player rotation, clock management, unselfishness, etc.

How many times this year have we have had a 10+pt. lead with 2-3 minutes left and Bell goes down and pops a no pass shot with 24 seconds left on the clock? Then the next game we trail by 10+pts. with 3-4 minutes left and we exhaust the shot clock before ringing off a desperation fire at the board, when we needed to play with urgency?

Its called undisciplined.

I can't agree.

When Mike doesn't like a decision you make, he pulls you off the court.  I still remember when he pulled Jabril off the court for taking a contested three as the shot clock expired.  Mike has given Dusty and Bell the green light, so I don't think you can use that as an example of a lack of discipline.  Try again.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HotlantaHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 07, 2016, 01:18:02 pm
Geesh, just like football when this comes up, our fans act like no one plays the game outside of our immediate neighbors or old SWC foes.
I'd be happy to add to the list UCLA, Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Maryland, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Arizona, Notre Dame, Louisville, Georgetown, West Virginia, Michigan ... Memphis evidently has no interest in Arkansas...

Some of these schools we have played. My initial list concentrated on Texas and Oklahoma, because honestly if you want to draw a big crowd, a regular series with Texas is very likely to outdraw say West Virginia ....

HotlantaHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 07, 2016, 02:41:41 pm
I doubt we will have capacity crowds next year, even if the halftime show involved stripper poles and free beer.
The student section would be packed, though ...

razoredge178

Quote from: BRHogfan on March 07, 2016, 03:03:04 pm
I can't agree.

When Mike doesn't like a decision you make, he pulls you off the court.  I still remember when he pulled Jabril off the court for taking a contested three as the shot clock expired.  Mike has given Dusty and Bell the green light, so I don't think you can use that as an example of a lack of discipline.  Try again.

He can't pull players off the court every time they make a bad decision. That's what practice and repetition are for. 5 years in, his team still appears to lack the discipline to execute his program.

Of course, CMA has shown a lack of coaching discipline to some point. Poor timeout management, clock management.

Letsroll1200

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: BRHogfan on March 07, 2016, 03:03:04 pm
I can't agree.

Easy answer!  Undisciplined = second best offense in the SEC after returning one starter mid way through the season.

WilsonHog

The attendance report depends on your perspective. I was at the Missouri game, the only one I attended this season. 13,000, which was our fifth largest of the season. Looking through the lens of someone who attended several games this season, that was probably a really good crowd. However, for someone who comes to maybe a game a year and uses the Nolan-era BWA crowds as a frame of reference, it was disappointing.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 07, 2016, 06:34:27 pm
The attendance report depends on your perspective. I was at the Missouri game, the only one I attended this season. 13,000, which was our fifth largest of the season. Looking through the lens of someone who attended several games this season, that was probably a really good crowd. However, for someone who comes to maybe a game a year and uses the Nolan-era BWA crowds as a frame of reference, it was disappointing.

You only attend "maybe" 1 game a year and you are disappointed in the lack of attendance by others?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hobhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 07, 2016, 04:15:01 pm
You are not following the agenda of this thread.

7th in Sec attendance. Awesome.

WilsonHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 07, 2016, 06:48:17 pm
You only attend "maybe" 1 game a year and you are disappointed in the lack of attendance by others?

No, I'm disappointed that our program isn't such that we average crowds like we did when I had season tickets, when BWA was opened.

Let me ask you a question.

Why do you think it is that we don't average 15,000 to 20,000 actual attendance for every game?

donk

I don't care if we go winless I'll be at every game cheering.  To each their own.

rlreev01

While TAMU averaged around 8,500 for home games and they won the conference. Just sayin!

MikePiazza

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 07, 2016, 06:56:35 pm
No, I'm disappointed that our program isn't such that we average crowds like we did when I had season tickets, when BWA was opened.

Let me ask you a question.

Why do you think it is that we don't average 15,000 to 20,000 actual attendance for every game?

To quote the Donald, we don't win anymore.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 09:07:41 pm
MA needs to go get him some men....with big hands.

Oh wait, that sounds worse than I intended...

Nipsey Mussle

March 07, 2016, 11:15:05 pm #43 Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:29:57 pm by BBsTheMan
Bigger factor in USC-E being our second most attended home game: Four game winning streak or it being a nice Saturday afternoon (as opposed to the 6pm weeknight games) ?

Sivad

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 09:07:41 pm
Make Razorback Basketball Great Again

razoredge178

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on March 07, 2016, 06:16:16 pm
Easy answer!  Undisciplined = second best offense in the SEC after returning one starter mid way through the season.

Undisciplined = .500 team.
Undisciplined = Opponents being in the double bonus with 8-12 minutes left in almost every 1/2 of every ball game.

BRHogfan

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 08, 2016, 08:34:26 am
Undisciplined = .500 team.
Undisciplined = Opponents being in the double bonus with 8-12 minutes left in almost every 1/2 of every ball game.

The team is not technically .500, so even if I could agree that only undisciplined equated to a .500 team, your logic wouldn't hold up.  Ask me again Thursday at 2:30...  Still though, that could be untalented, unlucky, inexperienced.  Additionally, are all the players on the team undisciplined?  Did we happen to just have enough disciplined players the last 4 seasons to not go .500?  Was that because they were Pel's Pals?

I just went through box scores and got the following PF totals.  15, 20, 21, 22, 22, 17, 23, 21, 18, 27, 18, 25, 23, 24.  I can't attack your 2nd premise directly, but it seems to be the foul totals are not indicative of putting the other team into the double bonus with only 10 minutes left in most halves.  If they did, then it's remarkable that they managed to avoid fouling after that, or they had a dramatic imbalance in fouls between halves, which would likely only put your premise at every other half instead of "almost every".

itshogsbaby

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 07, 2016, 10:17:49 am
All numbers are actual attendance, not paid:

11/13 Southern 6,603
11/18 Akron 5,902
11/20 Charleston Southern 6,764
12/1 Northwestern St. 4,809
12/8 Evansville 4,555
12/12 Tennessee Tech 6,842
12/22 North Florida 7,281
1/5 Vanderbilt 6,387
1/9 Mississippi St. 11,157
1/21 Kentucky 18,588
1/27 Texas A&M 10,547
1/30 Texas Tech 13,751
2/6 Tennessee 14,093
2/17 Auburn 8,102
2/20 Missouri 13,040
2/23 LSU 9,522
3/5 S. Carolina 14,548

I only made two games this year. Akron and South Carolina.  Both losses!  The Akron number seems accurate.  I have a hard time believing there were 14.5k at the USCe game.

This team is better than i thought they'd be.  But still very up and down.  Bell and Kingsley have improved so much.  Hope we can shock the world and run though the SEC tourney. 

As for next season, really hoping we have a great bounce back year.  Mike needs it.  This program needs it.  Go Hogs :razorback: :razorback:

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 07, 2016, 06:34:27 pm

We live in Memphis and pour most of our efforts into football, but we do go to basketball games on occasion.  It's a 5.5 hour drive so obviously weekend games are the only ones we really have a chance to attend.  This year we went to three home games, which is a little more than usual.  We went to the Northwestern State game (4,809), the Texas Tech game (13,751) and the LSU game (9,522).  So we got to see a good crowd, a mediocre crowd, and a very poor crowd. 

I can understand having crowds of less than 10k for teams like NWSU, but to have less than 5k is embarrassing.  Your voice almost echoes through BWA and the concourses feel like cave passages.  Likewise, when conference games begin, crowds of less than 10k seem even smaller.  I don't expect us to sell out every game ever again, but I do think a combination of a better on-the-court product and a renewed emphasis on attracting fans can lead to us averaging somewhere between 12k and 15k per game.  That's a realistic goal.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

razoredge178

Quote from: BRHogfan on March 08, 2016, 08:45:46 am
The team is not technically .500, so even if I could agree that only undisciplined equated to a .500 team, your logic wouldn't hold up.  Ask me again Thursday at 2:30...  Still though, that could be untalented, unlucky, inexperienced.  Additionally, are all the players on the team undisciplined?  Did we happen to just have enough disciplined players the last 4 seasons to not go .500?  Was that because they were Pel's Pals?

I just went through box scores and got the following PF totals.  15, 20, 21, 22, 22, 17, 23, 21, 18, 27, 18, 25, 23, 24.  I can't attack your 2nd premise directly, but it seems to be the foul totals are not indicative of putting the other team into the double bonus with only 10 minutes left in most halves.  If they did, then it's remarkable that they managed to avoid fouling after that, or they had a dramatic imbalance in fouls between halves, which would likely only put your premise at every other half instead of "almost every".

My opinion? Last year grossly underperformed. Two 1st/2nd round caliber NBA players and you squeak through one round of the tourney? I will say that I think Bobby Portis was impressively disciplined. I think you recruit discipline as much as teach it.

I'm typically impressed with the discipline of players that Kevin Stallings @ Vandy puts on the court, Coach K at Duke...Billy Donovan was fantastic at bringing in highly disciplined players.

I can appreciate you going through the box scores. And I agree that we don't typically end up in "foul trouble," but I stand behind the early double bonus trouble we get into. Anyone that either goes to all the games or watches them can validate that.