Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anton Beard's Season & Next Season's Expectations

Started by hogwood, March 05, 2016, 08:32:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

I think he had a much better freshman campaign than this year. His play during the conference schedule made the difference in some games. I haven't seen that from him this season although he is putting up better stats. Just hasn't had the same impact. Did the distractions during the offseason and his inability to practice and play from the beginning affect him this year or is it just a sophomore slump? And do you think he will improve a lot by next season, have a big jump in production, or be our starting and go to point man? I think he could be. He shows a lot of toughness, but just seems to make some poor decisions on the court. He needs to work on overall awareness and shot selection, and of course dishing ability.

Pigasaurus

Three point shot was not as good.  Would like to see some Kareem Reid type drives to basket.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

heatmiser

I agree. He did not play well consistently this year and is pretty much a non-factor from deep. Pretty good hands on defense but is an offensive liability. Similar to playing 4.5 vs. 5. He is also slow (considering our offense). We need better players overall.
Arkansas Razorbacks