Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dumpster Fire In College station

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, April 10, 2017, 12:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The garbage dumpster also known as Texa$$ A&M caught fire during their annual spring game on Saturday. They've had a revolving door at QB for the past 5 years or so, but it seems to have finally caught up with they finish the spring session with nothing close to a front runner at QB. Jake Hubenak (the only experienced passer on roster) went 8 of 13 for 47 yards, redshirt freshman Nick Starkel went 10 of 27 for 174 yards and 1 TD, and true freshman Kellen Mond was 4 of 12 with 1 TD and 2 INT.

Kevin Sumlin is reported to have skipped out on the media after the game, and im sure you all can guys how well that's going over with members of the media and A&M fans

If things continue in this direction, there is no reason the hogs shouldn't get a "W" over the aggies this fall
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Inhogswetrust

Wow. A coach skipping out on the media is not a good way to get the benefit of the doubt from them when you might need it. Sumlin is trying his best to lose his job. His style is predicated on having a top QB and since Johnny boy left he has not been able to hold onto one. Not a good sign.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rhames

I will laugh at them when we beat them.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

311Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 10, 2017, 12:10:04 pm
Wow. A coach skipping out on the media is not a good way to get the benefit of the doubt from them when you might need it. Sumlin is trying his best to lose his job. His style is predicated on having a top QB and since Johnny boy left he has not been able to hold onto one. Not a good sign.

Its happy hour somewhere heh

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on April 10, 2017, 12:17:49 pm

We lead the all time series 41-29-3. You can laugh at them. Heck even IF we didn't lead the series they are aggies and that is enough reason to laugh at them no matter what.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 10, 2017, 12:10:04 pm

Saban lost QB's Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell and Blake Barnett all within one calendar year and 2 Offensive Coordinator's in 2 months time, I believe.
Go Hogs Go!

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 10, 2017, 12:20:17 pm
We lead the all time series 41-29-3. You can laugh at them. Heck even IF we didn't lead the series they are aggies and that is enough reason to laugh at them no matter what.

Fair enough.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 10, 2017, 12:20:38 pm
Saban lost QB's Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell and Blake Barnett all within one calendar year and 2 Offensive Coordinator's in 2 months time, I believe.

He does have a few more NC's than Sumlin. Me thinks he can afford to lose a few guys and still be employed.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 10, 2017, 12:22:31 pm
He does have a few more NC's than Sumlin. Me thinks he can afford to lose a few guys and still be employed.

He then turned around a hired the TE's coach from the Patriot's to be his new OC, Brian DaBoll. Could be Saban is wanting to go back to his old style of offense, power football. DaBoll's previous stints as an OC included 2009-2010 Cleveland Browns, 2011 Miami Dolphins and 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.

But I digress, my point was that Sumlin may have problems with having inexperienced QB's but he isn't the only one with those problems right now and you are right, Saban isn't on the tight leash that Sumlin probably is right now.

Sumlin better be taking care of John Chavis because Chavis and his defense may have to save Sumlin's arse this coming season. Of course you know that Sumlin (like Saban) lost most of his receiving corps after last season as well, so I have to wonder if that is also accounting for some of A&M's lack of completions to this point?
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 10, 2017, 12:06:59 pm
The garbage dumpster also known as Texa$$ A&M caught fire during their annual spring game on Saturday. They've had a revolving door at QB for the past 5 years or so, but it seems to have finally caught up with they finish the spring session with nothing close to a front runner at QB. Jake Hubenak (the only experienced passer on roster) went 8 of 13 for 47 yards, redshirt freshman Nick Starkel went 10 of 27 for 174 yards and 1 TD, and true freshman Kellen Mond was 4 of 12 with 1 TD and 2 INT.

Kevin Sumlin is reported to have skipped out on the media after the game, and im sure you all can guys how well that's going over with members of the media and A&M fans

If things continue in this direction, there is no reason the hogs shouldn't get a "W" over the aggies this fall
Yep, but let's finally "close the deal" which is something we obviously haven't be able to do for whatever reason(s) for the past five years or so.

Sed76

Whoever they put under center will look like a Heisman winner against us, then proceed to regress as the year goes on.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Sed76 on April 10, 2017, 12:46:43 pm
Whoever they put under center will look like a Heisman winner against us, then proceed to regress as the year goes on.

I read  these comments all the time about how somebody looks like world-beaters only against us.  The one common denominator in all these statements is US.  Don 't you think that maybe, just maybe, the reason they look so great just might be us, or as Pogo said, "we have met the enemy and he is us."
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

EastexHawg

I read that both A&M and Auburn were dumpster fires before last season began.

Sed76

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 10, 2017, 01:04:56 pm
I read  these comments all the time about how somebody looks like world-beaters only against us.  The one common denominator in all these statements is US.  Don 't you think that maybe, just maybe, the reason they look so great just might be us, or as Pogo said, "we have met the enemy and he is us."

Didn't say only against us. A&M as a team has a history of coming out of the gate strong and limping towards the finish line. Of course the common denominator is our terrible defense.

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 10, 2017, 01:04:56 pm

I still have Tony Temple flashbacks.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 10, 2017, 01:07:40 pm
I read that both A&M and Auburn were dumpster fires before last season began.

Yeah, they both looked like they were running from dumpster fires last year.  They smoked our a**
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

GoHogzzGo

Yikes, we better beat them this year for the love of all things friggin holy.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 10, 2017, 01:14:58 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/hugh-freeze-sec-country-approval-rating

A couple of things come to mind for me after glancing at that:

1.  Let's see how much LSU fans love Ed Orgeron in a couple of years.  I think their administration blew it when they gave him the full-time job.  "I speak coonarse like a lot of you" shouldn't be considered a BFOQ when hiring for one of the top jobs in America; and

2.  How can a program like Florida go year after year without a decent QB and therefore with an impotent offense? 

DeltaBoy

All this means nothing until we get TAMU the last week in Oct or in Nov.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 10, 2017, 01:17:47 pm
Yeah, they both looked like they were running from dumpster fires last year.  They smoked our a**
Unfortunately Auburn looks better at QB than they have since Cam left. A&M on the other hand are stuck between a career backup, a redshirt freshman, and a true freshman. Non of them were impressive in the least
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 10, 2017, 01:27:00 pm

1.  Let's see how much LSU fans love Ed Orgeron in a couple of years.  I think their administration blew it when they gave him the full-time job.  "I speak coonarse like a lot of you" shouldn't be considered a BFOQ when hiring for one of the top jobs in America; and

2.  How can a program like Florida go year after year without a decent QB and therefore with an impotent offense?

1.  Remember Bill Stewart at West Virginia?  Same sort of situation and we can all hope it ends the same way at A&M.

2.  A top 10 defense year after year. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 10, 2017, 01:27:00 pm

#1 is definitely a head scratcher considering LSU had months to get it right.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 10, 2017, 01:39:43 pm
2.  A top 10 defense year after year. 

It's one of the mysteries of planet Earth, sort of like what happened to Atlantis and how Lyle Lovett got Julia Roberts to marry him, that so many football coaches think a great defense and an explosive offense are mutually exclusive.  They seem to think that if you're going to be stingy on defense it's against the rules to run anything other than a Woody Hayes-esque offense. 

I think we have to keep in mind how many of these guys were kinesiology majors in school. 

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 10, 2017, 02:00:10 pm
It's one of the mysteries of planet Earth, sort of like what happened to Atlantis and how Lyle Lovett got Julia Roberts to marry him, that so many football coaches think a great defense and an explosive offense are mutually exclusive.  They seem to think that if you're going to be stingy on defense it's against the rules to run anything other than a Woody Hayes-esque offense. 

I think we have to keep in mind how many of these guys were kinesiology majors in school.

The grammy's lost all credibility when they named Lyle Lovett as country music entertainer of the year.

jabberjawls

Quote from: rhames on April 10, 2017, 12:17:49 pm
Should read "..if we ever.." instead of "when we".

EastexHawg

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 10, 2017, 02:27:51 pm
The grammy's lost all credibility when they named Lyle Lovett as country music entertainer of the year.

I'm glad I was watching Australian Rules Football that night.

Tejano Jawg

Careful. Don't take the bait. I've thought this for the past several years. A&M always loses players to the NFL—quarterbacks, big time o-linemen, d-linemen—and that'll be the difference next season. But when they play us, they find a way. And that sickens me.

Only AFTER we beat them will order be restored in the universe.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

go hogues

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on April 10, 2017, 03:23:40 pm
Careful. Don't take the bait. I've thought this for the past several years. A&M always loses players to the NFL—quarterbacks, big time o-linemen, d-linemen—and that'll be the difference next season. But when they play us, they find a way.
And that way, of course, is the long, wide open go route with 2-4 min in the 4th.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bphi11ips

In before Sumlin announces his next grad transfer QB.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawginbigd1

I watched and thought both of their young guys look the part, they are as deep as we are at RB, they had several drops. Defense is what I thought looked bad overall.

sowmonella

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on April 10, 2017, 12:09:16 pm
except for how THE Razorbacks play in the second half of ballgames

Fixed it. I'm sure you didn't mean WE.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 10, 2017, 02:43:05 pm
I'm glad I was watching Australian Rules Football that night.

You joking or serious? Because Aussie Rules footy is a crazy, wacky, but awesome sport. Got to see the Melbourne Blues take on the Adelaide Tigers in person back in 2009.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 10, 2017, 02:27:51 pm

He's as much country as a lot of the other so called country acts today!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 10, 2017, 05:12:01 pm
You joking or serious? Because Aussie Rules footy is a crazy, wacky, but awesome sport. Got to see the Melbourne Blues take on the Adelaide Tigers in person back in 2009.

I think Eastex and I are about the same age.  I was in college from '79 to '83, which was just about the time in Arkansas that cable television and, more particularly, ESPN, became popular.  Of course, being so new, programming was pretty sparse so to fill time in between SportsCenters, college football games and whatnot, ESPN showed a lot of off the wall stuff back then.  Australian Rules Football was a staple those first couple of years and me and my roommates ate it up.  We loved it, even though we couldn't figure out most of the rules.  We especially loved how the guy in the suit and hat would signal a score when a ball went through the uprights.  Whenever he'd do his signal, we'd just go crazy.  It got to where we were betting on games (with each other, not bookies) and actually keeping up with standings and such.  Fun times.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LRRandy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 10, 2017, 05:19:42 pm
I think Eastex and I are about the same age.  I was in college from '79 to '83, which was just about the time in Arkansas that cable television and, more particularly, ESPN, became popular.  Of course, being so new, programming was pretty sparse so to fill time in between SportsCenters, college football games and whatnot, ESPN showed a lot of off the wall stuff back then.  Australian Rules Football was a staple those first couple of years and me and my roommates ate it up.  We loved it, even though we couldn't figure out most of the rules.  We especially loved how the guy in the suit and hat would signal a score when a ball went through the uprights.  Whenever he'd do his signal, we'd just go crazy.  It got to where we were betting on games (with each other, not bookies) and actually keeping up with standings and such.  Fun times.
+1. I remember those days.
This is fun, isn't it.

younghog

YAWN

but I did notice annoying pop up ads are back on this site
GO HOGS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: younghog on April 10, 2017, 05:32:20 pm
YAWN

but I did notice annoying pop up ads are back on this site

Gotta pay for this place somehow since nobody sent in their dues.............................

bennyl08

That's cool. I know rugby is growing in popularity, particularly out here on the west coast among the younger crowd.

Never knew that tidbit about the older crowd's exposure to foreign sports. Really cool story.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

A couple of years older, but I loved it when the white suit would do his "arm thing" after a kick. I never knew what it was worth, but those guys were emphatic with their call.

bennyl08

Dwillhog66

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 10, 2017, 02:00:10 pm

In my younger years I waited tables at a restaurant in Sante Fe, NM. I waited on Julia Roberts quite a few times while I was there. I can assure you she is a mean spirited, nasty bitch. The question shouldn't be how did he get her, it should be why would he have her. She's a horrible human being!

MuskogeeHogFan

Let's get back to the topic gents.
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

College Station and dumpster fire are one in the same. Pretty self-evident.

lakecityhog

If ATM is a dumpster fire and still beat us 4 times in a row, what does that make us???

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: lakecityhog on April 10, 2017, 07:54:08 pm
If ATM is a dumpster fire and still beat us 4 times in a row, what does that make us???
I don't know what it makes us but I do know what your post makes you.

rhames

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: lakecityhog on April 10, 2017, 07:54:08 pm

What in the hell does aTm's record versus Arkansas have to do with the fact their fans are pizzed? Not the first thing.