Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Analysts

Started by Hogindasticks, December 18, 2017, 05:51:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

Alabama has a whole team of Analysts' on their staff that are basically backup OC and DC coordinators.........I could see this being a tremendous asset in team implementation of a game plan against a team.  What would it take for Arkansas to get to this point?

WPS007

Hogindasticks

Alabama Analysts

Dean Altobelli   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Shea Tierney   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Brendan Farrell   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Wes Neighbors   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
William Vlachos   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Garrett Cox   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Dan Werner   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Chris Weinke   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   

Hogindasticks

Just think of the breakdown of a team being there before you as a DC even get a chance to look at it.....hmmm
Or a breakdown of a defense before the OC even gets to look at film.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/behind-scenes-what-exactly-does-an-alabama-football-analyst-do

factchecker

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 18, 2017, 05:51:42 pm
Alabama has a whole team of Analysts' on their staff that are basically backup OC and DC coordinators.........I could see this being a tremendous asset in team implementation of a game plan against a team.  What would it take for Arkansas to get to this point?

How much are you donating to the Razorback Foundation?

Are you a season ticket holder?

You want to pay for analyst then fork up the money.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jneal56

Quote from: factchecker on December 18, 2017, 07:07:57 pm

Guess you're the one that pays for everything so that's why you made such a bold statement?
"At least we are moral"

Snout team

Quote from: factchecker on December 18, 2017, 07:07:57 pm

I just love this response.  It was prevalent on here at the beginning of the season.  People were being told on a regular basis if they wanted CBB and JL gone they would need to pay the money to make it happen.

Then when the GOBN got rolling and regular Joe's were saying we can't afford the buy out, some of those same people were saying "oh the money is there, just watch"

I never try to spend someone else's money but this statement is getting old.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Hogsolo

Just more bending the rules by Bama football.   

Hogindasticks

We need all the help we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

goodguytex

Any suggestions for Arkansas football analysts should we decide to hire any? How about Ken Hamlin to help the defense, maybe Darren McFadden on offense?

factchecker

Quote from: jneal56 on December 18, 2017, 07:22:19 pm
Guess you're the one that pays for everything so that's why you made such a bold statement?

I'm one of the how ever many thousand donors/season ticket holders that support the Razorbacks.

Doesn't make me special but I also don't go around suggesting how the Razorbacks should spend their money.

Beyond that - it's not a bold statement.

You want something you pay for it.

I see a ton of people saying we should hire (Insert 7 million dollar coach here) or we need to get analysts etc. but very few of them are willing to put their own money in the pot to get those things done.

There is a reason why the aggies were able to buyout Sumlin and give Jimbo Fisher that crazy contract.  They have a fanbase full of rich alumni who donate when they want things done.

It's simple - you want something done then-----

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Piggfoot

Well we just got through pi$$ing off 16mil.
Can't afford another million for 10-12 analysts.
They could probably raise it though if they switched to Coke.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hogindasticks

7 million for gus....3.5 for CMM.....smh...does that not seem like there is money to be spent there?

Honestly...for me if I were the coach...I think I might be willing to hire them for 50k out of my pocket a year to come help.....

It would definitely benefit the coach.

Call it Insurance that i need to see what I need to see.

factchecker

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 18, 2017, 07:40:21 pm
Can't afford another million for 10-12 analysts.
They could probably raise it though if they switched to Coke.

Pepsi contract doubled what Coke offered us.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

goodguytex

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 18, 2017, 07:41:04 pm
7 million for gus....3.5 for CMM.....smh...does that not seem like there is money to be spent there?
Quote from: Piggfoot on December 18, 2017, 07:40:21 pm

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogindasticks

Honestly...for me if I were the coach

hogfanny

Defensively start by gettin a conventional de.co. to have to back up which we currently do not have!

Billy Bats

This is another big investment I'd make if I were a head coach at Arkansas.  Need all the advantages you can get.  Moneyball on The Hill! 

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 18, 2017, 07:55:24 pm
This is another big investment I'd make if I were a head coach at Arkansas.  Need all the advantages you can get.  Moneyball on The Hill!

Go Big or Stay Home!

Boardon Hamsay

I vote for Harry Stamper to lead the Analyst gathering committee.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 18, 2017, 07:55:24 pm

The head coach doesn't set the budget, the AD does. Buy season tickets in the NEZ and you'll be helping a lot.

Billy Bats

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2017, 07:58:33 pm
The head coach doesn't set the budget, the AD does. Buy season tickets in the NEZ and you'll be helping a lot.

Yurachek seems like a Moneyball type of guy.  I can see him laying out cash to find players with tons of value vs. their star count.  Win some games and show the fan base a pulse and you won't have any problem selling out the NEZ.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 18, 2017, 08:03:05 pm
Yurachek seems like a Moneyball type of guy.  I can see him laying out cash to find players with tons of value vs. their star count.  Win some games and show the fan base a pulse and you won't have any problem selling out the NEZ.

Agree

ricepig

You might need to study up some more......

Billy Bats

Rudy Baylor

Win some games and show the fan base a pulse and you won't have any problem selling out the NEZ.

and not until then

Hogindasticks

jneal56

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2017, 08:17:32 pm
You might need to study up some more......

What's to study? Win big often and consistent and it'll sell out. Simple as that!
"At least we are moral"

ricepig

Quote from: jneal56 on December 18, 2017, 08:34:11 pm
What's to study? Win big often and consistent and it'll sell out. Simple as that!

The part about Yurachek being a moneyball AD.

Billy Bats

Razorback_Mack

Great post. Those analysts for Alabama only make about 40k per year. A lot of people don't know you're average D2 position coach doesn't make but 30 something grand a year. Find about 5 hungry young guys and implement them into our program as analysts. If you can't find 200k in an athletic budget of over 100 million then the guys up there don't want to win.

Billy Bats

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 18, 2017, 08:46:54 pm
Great post. Those analysts for Alabama only make about 40k per year. A lot of people don't know you're average D2 position coach doesn't make but 30 something grand a year. Find about 5 hungry young guys and implement them into our program as analysts. If you can't find 200k in an atketic budget of over 100 million then the guys up there don't want to win.

Yes.  Exactly.  I bet you could build a playoff team with all the great players that get missed every year in recruiting by the big schools.  Go get those guys.  Hire guys to find those guys.  Yurachek better plan on doing something different than Jeff Long did if he's seeking a different result. 

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: factchecker on December 18, 2017, 07:38:27 pm
I'm one of the how ever many thousand donors/season ticket holders that support the Razorbacks.

Doesn't make me special but I also don't go around suggesting how the Razorbacks should spend their money.

Beyond that - it's not a bold statement.

You want something you pay for it.

I see a ton of people saying we should hire (Insert 7 million dollar coach here) or we need to get analysts etc. but very few of them are willing to put their own money in the pot to get those things done.

There is a reason why the aggies were able to buyout Sumlin and give Jimbo Fisher that crazy contract.  They have a fanbase full of rich alumni who donate when they want things done.

It's simple - you want something done then-----

And you don't know who on here does and doesn't pony up. It's a message board with screen names. So quit assuming you know people and counting other folks coins. I learned that when I was about 7-8 years old. Evidently you didn't.

Hoggish1

DoctorSusscrofa

We definitely need a lot of extra coaches to pay.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Billy Bats

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on December 18, 2017, 10:48:18 pm
We definitely need a lot of extra coaches to pay.

We definitely have more money than wins. 

Kneph13

There is a reason "anal" is included in the word analyst.  The majority of them are talking out of their behinds.

LoL
There is no Political Correctness in war

redeye

I remember Petrino had 1-2 analysts.  I think they were ex-coaches, but I don't remember any names.  They'd watch our opponents and send in notes.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2017, 12:06:10 am
I remember Petrino had 1-2 analysts.  I think they were ex-coaches, but I don't remember any names.  They'd watch our opponents and send in notes.

We still have/had those, just not a dormitory full like Bama.....

Kevin

i have mentioned this before. when our former ad said we are not a win at all cost program. sure, we don't want to cheat, but why can we not at least have the same personell the best bring has.   
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tim Harris

Quote from: IAMHogholio on December 18, 2017, 07:31:41 pm
Just more bending the rules by Bama football.   

It is not just Bama as several teams are doing it.  Sonny Dykes was a offensive analyst for TCU last year after getting fired from Cal.  He just took the SMU head coach job after Morris left.

factchecker

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 19, 2017, 08:33:37 am
It is not just Bama as several teams are doing it.  Sonny Dykes was a offensive analyst for TCU last year after getting fired from Cal.  He just took the SMU head coach job after Morris left.

We've had analysts as well but nowhere near the volume of Bama.

Here is an example:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ash-joins-bielemas-staff-as-offensive-analyst/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogwild

Austin Thomas is available, his new deal with Tennessee fell through.  Read that UT was going to pay him $250K per year.

QuoteFormer #LSU GM Austin Thomas will not be going to #Tennessee after all, per source. Title and responsibility standpoint didn't work out for him w/ the #Vols but am told it was very amicable and that it was just not the right fit and timing.

— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) December 17, 2017

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-Tennessees-hire-of-Austin-Thomas-falls-through-112383612

RebelliousHog

BWA HA HA HA    You said Anal.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

cjack

We've got some smart fans, some not so smart fans, and a whole bunch of smart a%* fans. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 18, 2017, 07:30:05 pm
I just love this response.  It was prevalent on here at the beginning of the season.  People were being told on a regular basis if they wanted CBB and JL gone they would need to pay the money to make it happen.

Then when the GOBN got rolling and regular Joe's were saying we can't afford the buy out, some of those same people were saying "oh the money is there, just watch"

I never try to spend someone else's money but this statement is getting old.
Then when the money shows up to pay for everything, people complained about who they wanted to hire.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: cjack on December 19, 2017, 10:45:19 am
We've got some smart fans, some not so smart fans, and a whole bunch of smart a%* fans. 

I am in the smart arse part.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Porknoxville

Quote from: Hogwild on December 19, 2017, 08:38:23 am
Austin Thomas is available, his new deal with Tennessee fell through.  Read that UT was going to pay him $250K per year.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-Tennessees-hire-of-Austin-Thomas-falls-through-112383612

This is so funny as everyone from local Sports gurus to the vol fans were almost United in saying his hire might very well be the most important staff hire 4 years from now!
To my knowledge he never played football and doesn't feel coaching is his strength. I think UT was laying a huge laundry list of job requirements that Austin knew was it out of his wheelhouse.
UT are a bunch of clowns and I truly believe Jeremy will fail miserably.
Go hogs!

cjack

Quote from: HenduHog on December 19, 2017, 10:56:53 am
I am in the smart arse part.

Well, I thought your response was just funny
Woooo Pig Soooie!