Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks!!"the fastest program"?

Started by hogfaninrogers, December 17, 2017, 10:39:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfaninrogers

Can we become the "fastest" College program in all sports ? Would be GREAT  marketing  to hang on our hat on,TRACK being what it is, " The fastest 40 " Dave Van Horn's  razor sharp razorbacks and the HAMMERDOWN HOGS😜

hogfaninrogers

We are going to come at you it's up to you to stop us

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

TexArkHogFan

Can CCM turn a bunch of basset hounds into greyhounds?
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Peter Porker

Quote from: hogfaninrogers on December 17, 2017, 10:39:56 pm
Can we become the "fastest" College program in all sports ? Would be GREAT  marketing  to hang on our hat on,TRACK being what it is, " The fastest 40 " Dave Van Horn's  razor sharp razorbacks and the HAMMERDOWN HOGS😜

Track is a shell of what it was. Well, on the men's side.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ICEman

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 18, 2017, 04:47:55 am
Track is a shell of what it was. Well, on the men's side.
What the shell? They just won the John McDonnell program of the year award!😳
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Peter Porker

Quote from: ICEman on December 18, 2017, 06:25:19 am
What the shell? They just won the John McDonnell program of the year award!😳

Florida and A&M have passed up Arkansas in the SEC. Look out for LSU,  Alabama, and Auburn to do the same.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 18, 2017, 04:19:41 am
we gonna fire some of the fatties. gotta cut the chaff.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Ragnar Hogbrok

We're gonna come at them so fast, it's going to mess them up.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ICEman

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 18, 2017, 06:49:59 am
Florida and A&M have passed up Arkansas in the SEC. Look out for LSU,  Alabama, and Auburn to do the same.
Correction, we are still winning SEC Championships at a clip equivalent to Johnny Mc. We'll see about the latter.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

3kgthog

But only one natty in Bucknam's time here. That's the standard here, not those SEC trophies we keep boxed up in a room somewhere.

Dark Helmet Hog

Well, we tried to be the biggest and slowest. That didn't work very well.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

We need all the speed we can get cause you can't coach up SPEED!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hopeful Hog

"You either have speed or you're chasing speed" I loved hearing Morris say that!

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

The Kig

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 18, 2017, 04:19:41 am

Eventually... he will have to recruit speed.  You can't coach it up.  So it may take us a couple of years to get there, but the offense will attract speedy players who want to play in the SEC in an exciting offense. 

Defense is where we have been tragically slow the last couple of years and it will be TBD based on who he brings in. 
Poker Porker

PorkSoda

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 18, 2017, 12:04:11 pm
let's earn it, first.
yeah, lets maybe play a game first before we start making declarations about being the "est" anything.

I think playing "up tempo" and "fast" will be a focus morris brings, but its not going to happen over night.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: The Kig on December 18, 2017, 12:55:08 pm
Defense is where we have been tragically slow the last couple of years and it will be TBD based on who he brings in. 
with morris being an offensive guy, I hope he doesn't horde all the speed on the offensive side.  we need to get speed on defense.  some of these "athletes" we recruit could be playing cb or safety instead of WR.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Kig

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 18, 2017, 01:48:04 pm
with morris being an offensive guy, I hope he doesn't horde all the speed on the offensive side.  we need to get speed on defense.  some of these "athletes" we recruit could be playing cb or safety instead of WR.

Agreed.  We saw that to some degree with Petrino, although I think some of his was a blatant disregard for recruiting defenders in lieu of going after offensive talent. 

Morris has at least stated he wants to bring in a solid DC.  One challenge of his offensive style is that whether we score or not, the defense is going to be back on the field quickly.  An aggressive, speedy defense that can force turnovers/sacks will go a long way towards getting them off the field. 
Poker Porker

Grizzlyfan

We are going to come at you so fast it will mess you up.

PorkSoda

Quote from: The Kig on December 18, 2017, 01:57:12 pm
Agreed.  We saw that to some degree with Petrino, although I think some of his was a blatant disregard for recruiting defenders in lieu of going after offensive talent. 

Morris has at least stated he wants to bring in a solid DC.  One challenge of his offensive style is that whether we score or not, the defense is going to be back on the field quickly.  An aggressive, speedy defense that can force turnovers/sacks will go a long way towards getting them off the field. 
two things with that.  like you said, a good defense can get themselves off the field.  the second is that first downs go farther towards extending drives than sucking up 10 extra seconds off the play clock only to 3nO

AirWarren

NWAHog479

Right now we are fighting to not be dead last in the SEC in recruiting, so I do not think that "fast" will be the best way to describe us this season...

hog of steele

Quote from: AP85 on December 18, 2017, 02:05:16 pm
Oregon already uses this. No thanks.

I think they forfeit all their intellectual property once it was proved that they just cannot beat boise state.

Flrazrback

Coach Morris wont likely install his entire offensive package in our first year and perhaps not even in the second season. While we do have some talent returning and look to be getting a good class coming in, we don't get have every thing we need for 100% Uptempo Chad Morris offense. We are going to see a huge improvement come spring, but the total rebuild will take maybe 3 seasons.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 18, 2017, 02:23:52 pm
Coach Morris wont likely install his entire offensive package in our first year and perhaps not even in the second season. While we do have some talent returning and look to be getting a good class coming in, we don't get have every thing we need for 100% Uptempo Chad Morris offense. We are going to see a huge improvement come spring, but the total rebuild will take maybe 3 seasons.
the recruiting will take time, but he should be able to install the uptempo framework in the spring/fall. 

and as far as his "entire playbook"  that isn't going to happen ever.  I think I read that it was like 600+ pages.

IOW, he is going to pick and choose what kind of plays he wants to use based on the personnel he has available and develop a playbook he that he will use each season.   there is no point in installing plays he has no intention of using.

hog of steele

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 18, 2017, 02:32:42 pm
the recruiting will take time, but he should be able to install the uptempo framework in the spring/fall. 

Do we have the pieces to run uptempo on campus? I know you can uptempo any style of offense. But I am not sure you can uptempo any size OL. Our guys can lose weight but does that really give us all we need to run full speed? I was kind of expecting more what we saw from the HN/GM offense. A lot of decoration, strategic tempo, smart "trick" plays and make do with the pieces you have.

jgphillips3

If we can start getting the recruits who run the "fastest 40", then maybe that label could apply.

Jackrabbit Hog

I'd prefer "winningest program", but I guess a gimmick slogan is better than nothing.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkSoda

Quote from: hog of steele on December 18, 2017, 02:37:26 pm
Do we have the pieces to run uptempo on campus? I know you can uptempo any style of offense. But I am not sure you can uptempo any size OL. Our guys can lose weight but does that really give us all we need to run full speed? I was kind of expecting more what we saw from the HN/GM offense. A lot of decoration, strategic tempo, smart "trick" plays and make do with the pieces you have.
up tempo is just timing about timing.  anyone should be able to learn it. 

the trick is communication / getting the play in quickly etc.  its more of a system thing than a physical thing.

PorkSoda

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 18, 2017, 02:42:08 pm
If we can start getting the recruits who run the "fastest 40", then maybe that label could apply.
I can eat the fastest frito pie this side of the mississippi.  does that count?

AirWarren

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 18, 2017, 02:43:32 pm
I'd prefer "winningest program", but I guess a gimmick slogan is better than nothing.

LOL.......

Good luck......I have been waiting 32 years.......

goodguytex

What I hope he does, if he's as innovative as he's billed to be, is to take the people he has, build and adjust the offense around who he has, and work the offense around who he's got, while recruiting the players he wants to fully implemented his system. And that can be done with the right kind of creative thinking.

Bielema did the opposite... He refused to adapt the system to the personnel we had at the time, which was the Petrino type spread. And we wound up only winning 3 games in 2013. Much will depend as well how thin we are at key positions, out depth or lack thereof, especially the skill positions needed for a hurry up spread to succeed.