Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When is Dorian Gerald expected to be on the hill today?

Started by Virgil, January 31, 2018, 10:01:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil

Dude already looks like a man!!  Looks angry which I like.  We need some anger on D. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

How can you say that without posting a pic..? Hell Not even a link...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ricepig

Earth Hog Fan

I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

Hopeful Hog

Well according to 247 we don't have a chance for him, so why torture yourself?

hawg1221

He looks like he's 30. Someone should check out his birth certificate.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 31, 2018, 11:56:10 am
Well then he obviously just enjoys wasting people's time....both his own and those on the Hill. Carry on.

Dropkick

....and your name is Hopeful Hog? lol

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 31, 2018, 12:27:57 pm
Well then he obviously just enjoys wasting people's time....both his own and those on the Hill. Carry on.

He's not wasting everyone's time. He's just enjoying the recruiting process and doing his due diligence. I don't blame the kid but just because he's flirted with us doesn't mean he's truly considering us, just the nature of the beast.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Dropkick on January 31, 2018, 12:32:20 pm
....and your name is Hopeful Hog? lol

Just because I'm hopeful doesn't mean I can't read lol.

WoooPigSooieShane

https://twitter.com/TopNotchDG/status/958001224803954689

Dorian Gerald‏
@TopNotchDG
Follow Follow @TopNotchDG
More
Stop listening to these recruiting sites... they can't can't give y'all an "INSIDER" bc 1. I don't even know where I'm going yet... 2. They don't even know my position and it's sitting in my BIO 🤦🏾‍♂️

9:37 AM - 29 Jan 2018

Hogindasticks

I figure Dorian is coming and Tyree Wilson fixin to commit to Arkansas before he takes that Scholly.  Either way, I think Arkansas has a great DE coming.....Arkansas win/win.

WoooPigSooieShane

Kinda interesting that he said on Twitter that A&M visited him this morning. Them crooting planes all over the country are racking up the miles these last seven days.

Hoggish1

First play in this Hudl is all anyone needs to see.  Chavis type DE!

Hopeful Hog

ricepig

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 31, 2018, 01:32:13 pm
Both he and Wilson are gonna announce today?

Nope Gerald is visiting on his way to Florida, where most expect him to go. I don't think we get either one.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 31, 2018, 01:32:13 pm
Both he and Wilson are gonna announce today?
I don't see Gerald announcing anything today. He still has a visit this weekend to Florida

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 01:33:40 pm
Nope Gerald is visiting on his way to Florida, where most expect him to go. I don't think we get either one.

I'd take one of the two, both would be great, but I'm not optimistic on either not sure why, just a hunch. Wilson might surprise us hopefully.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

870rzrback

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 31, 2018, 01:35:09 pm
I don't see Gerald announcing anything today. He still has a visit this weekend to Florida
National Recruiting guy on 247 saying he may drop the florida visit for an ole miss visit

Pig in the Pokey

Im getting that feeling like we are going to land Wilson and Gerald, and I havent thought that until today.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Virgil

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 31, 2018, 01:55:02 pm
Im getting that feeling like we are going to land Wilson and Gerald, and I havent thought that until today.

That would be nice.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 31, 2018, 01:49:19 pm
I'd take one of the two, both would be great, but I'm not optimistic on either not sure why, just a hunch. Wilson might surprise us hopefully.

Wilson was recruited when Chavis was at A&M and flopped when Chavis came to Arkansas...shows on 247.  I would assume he would follow up on what he was originally intending to do.  But who knows.

010HogFan

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 31, 2018, 02:02:12 pm
Wilson was recruited when Chavis was at A&M and flopped when Chavis came to Arkansas...shows on 247.  I would assume he would follow up on what he was originally intending to do.  But who knows.

That's not a flip, that's just a predicted flip on Crystal Ball picks

monty hawg

good article by Richard on Dorian.  May not be a free article, so I apologize before hand.  Hogs could get his commitment. But who knows.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jan/31/coaches-and-prayer-convinces-nations-no-1-junior-c/   

Been10Hog

According to 247 we're 100% for Tyree Wilson

Virgil

Quote from: Been10Hog on January 31, 2018, 02:49:56 pm
According to 247 we're 100% for Tyree Wilson
Those predictions are old unfortunately.  It sounds like he's staying an aggie.

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 31, 2018, 01:55:02 pm
They gone.

imtad16

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 31, 2018, 01:49:45 pm
National Recruiting guy on 247 saying he may drop the florida visit for an ole miss visit

Quote from: colbs on January 31, 2018, 03:02:00 pm
They gone.

If Gerald drops the Florida visit I would feel pretty good about him signing with us. I don't know why a JUCO player would go to Ole Miss right now. The next two years are pretty uncertain for them.

colbs

Quote from: imtad16 on January 31, 2018, 03:17:17 pm

If Gerald drops the Florida visit I would feel pretty good about him signing with us. I don't know why a JUCO player would go to Ole Miss right now. The next two years are pretty uncertain for them.
I was just joking saying PiP jinxed it.

hawgwash

Quote from: colbs on January 31, 2018, 03:19:33 pm
I was just joking saying PiP jinxed it.
That wouldn't cause a jinx.  (Unless he was poppin' bottles).

aloha_kid

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 31, 2018, 01:35:09 pm

He has a visit scheduled.  Schedules change ;)

zebradynasty

Quote from: monty hawg on January 31, 2018, 02:07:04 pm
good article by Richard on Dorian.  May not be a free article, so I apologize before hand.  Hogs could get his commitment. But who knows.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jan/31/coaches-and-prayer-convinces-nations-no-1-junior-c/

One positive considering his offer list for him to feel God lead him to visit Arkansas...That has to put us in the running. Hope Morris and Chavis know how to do the Cuban Shuffle!!  ;D

greenie

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 31, 2018, 12:37:49 pm
Just because I'm hopeful doesn't mean I can't read lol.
Might want to seriously consider changing your handle then shine you're so hopeful I mean.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 31, 2018, 04:18:31 pm
Might want to seriously consider changing your handle then shine you're so hopeful I mean.

Shine I'm so hopeful?

Nah I can be hopeful without being a blatant homer.

GA reddiehog

Rice said we wouldn't get Wilson or Gerald and he is batting a 1.000 so far with Wilson staying with Aggies.

ricepig

Quote from: GA reddiehog on January 31, 2018, 05:53:49 pm
Rice said we wouldn't get Wilson or Gerald and he is batting a 1.000 so far with Wilson staying with Aggies.

I hope I hit .500.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Earth Hog Fan on January 31, 2018, 11:40:44 am
Here you go...

https://247sports.com/Player/Dorian-Gerald-86700
this one's better.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/228649/dorian-gerald

Sounds like he is having a great visit so far. Him and Sosa are playing Madden (sosa got whooped), eatin catfish, and both are choppin it up with Emmitt Gooden on Twitter. Lookin good for us.
@Slackaveli

imtad16

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 31, 2018, 11:17:07 pm
this one's better.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/228649/dorian-gerald

Sounds like he is having a great visit so far. Him and Sosa are playing Madden (sosa got whooped), eatin catfish, and both are choppin it up with Emmitt Gooden on Twitter. Lookin good for us.

It could be argued a good host will let a 4 star player that is officially visiting beat him in Madden.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: imtad16 on January 31, 2018, 03:17:17 pm

Two years?  Our bowl ban (which is being appealed as we speak) will likely be overturned.  And our scholarship limits are already finished.  Now will he end up at OM, who knows. He's got two airplane tickets in his name today.  One to Gainesville and the other Memphis. He either visits us or FL.  Loser is out.  And the dude is all over the place recruiting wise.  No one will know until signing date. And our numbers are very tight so if he doesn't commit on our visit (hopefully he visits), I bet we cut him loose.  We simply cannot wait as we only have three spots left.  Good player and I hope if he doesn't come out way he ends up a Hog.  KevinOMReb
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

imtad16

Quote from: KevinOMReb on February 01, 2018, 10:21:16 am
Two years?  Our bowl ban (which is being appealed as we speak) will likely be overturned.  And our scholarship limits are already finished.  Now will he end up at OM, who knows. He's got two airplane tickets in his name today.  One to Gainesville and the other Memphis. He either visits us or FL.  Loser is out.  And the dude is all over the place recruiting wise.  No one will know until signing date. And our numbers are very tight so if he doesn't commit on our visit (hopefully he visits), I bet we cut him loose.  We simply cannot wait as we only have three spots left.  Good player and I hope if he doesn't come out way he ends up a Hog.  KevinOMReb

Are you sure you are done with scholarship penalties?

Has it changed from this?

"Loss of scholarships: After initially self-imposing a loss of 10 scholarships from 2016-17 to 2018-19, the NCAA decided Ole Miss will forfeit 13 scholarships.

The scholarship losses now are spread out from the 2015-16 year to 2019.

In terms of other recruiting restrictions, the NCAA ruled Ole Miss can only have recruits in town for off-campus visits once a year for the three years of probation.

This is all on top of self-imposed visit restrictions and evaluation restrictions, and two assistant coaches having already served bans from off-campus recruiting."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/12/01/5-things-know-ole-miss-ncaa-penalties-hugh-freeze-leo-lewis-coi-sanction/912730001/

I'm not saying Ole Miss is garenteed to be terrible, but there is some uncertainty and probably not the best fit for JUCO players in this class. That hasn't really kept prep players away, however when you have good options as a 2018 JUCO player why go where 6 very good to solid contributors have transferred and scholarships will be tight for at least 1 more class? They may be able to play quicker, but it might be better for a JUCO to walk into more stability with only 2 years of eligibility.

Do you think anymore players will transfer?

Why do you believe it is likely the bowl ban for next season will be lifted?

Richard Davenport

I think Arkansas has better shot at Dorian than what most people think.

King Kong

The bowl ban will not be overturned

Hoggish1

Two years?  Our bowl ban (which is being appealed as we speak) will likely be overturned.   KevinOMReb

Not likely.  Wish on...

imtad16

Quote from: King Kong on February 01, 2018, 10:55:25 am
The bowl ban will not be overturned

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 01, 2018, 11:03:23 am
Not likely.  Wish on...

I don't think so either. I don't know where he is getting "likely". I searched for recent stories on the bowl ban appeal and there isn't really any speculation out there on their appeal result. Heck they haven't even completed the paperwork. The deadline for appeal is next week. I don't know that there is any precedent of the NCAA going back on a post season ban for NCAA violations.

USC appeal not over turned in 2011... http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/26/sports/la-sp-0527-usc-ncaa-appeal-20110527

UNLV did have a post season ban over turned, but they were appealing APR penalties not NCAA violations...https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-reconsiders-unlv-apr-ban-rebels-eligible-for-bowl/

This is exactly my point though KevinOMReb when you are a 2018 JUCO recruit with plenty of good offers why go to a situation where there is a bowl ban in place and even though appeal is in process the odds don't seem great it will be overturned. This equals uncertainty. Ole Miss has 4 JUCO players currently and 3 of the 4 didn't have other SEC offers on the table. Ole Miss was the best option. The 4th Noah Jefferson who I actually like has two other SEC offers, but I don't think was recruited after the coaching changes at Arkansas and Florida.

imtad16

Smashmouth2004

The day after he visits us, he's having breakfast with A&M coaches! I think we're a long shot!

imtad16

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on February 01, 2018, 01:08:37 pm
The day after he visits us, he's having breakfast with A&M coaches! I think we're a long shot!

That was before his visit.