Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hudson Henry was in South Bend today

Started by sowmonella, January 27, 2018, 10:38:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

colbs

Soooie21

Read where he was blown away with his Michigan visit.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: sowmonella on January 27, 2018, 10:38:49 pm
Haven't seen it posted.
He posted some pics on twitter.

I'm real nervous about how this is going so far.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

MP24

The plans were to visit Michigan on Friday, Notre Dame on Saturday, and Wisconsin on Sunday. He'll visit Arkansas on Feb. 24. The 24th visits looks to be huge.
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MP24 on January 28, 2018, 09:20:20 am
The plans were to visit Michigan on Friday, Notre Dame on Saturday, and Wisconsin on Sunday. He'll visit Arkansas on Feb. 24. The 24th visits looks to be huge.

They have nice cold winters in all those places. Taking visits and being blown away by schools is nothing to be concerned with in your junior year.  Taking stock of the college football landscape is good for any young man in his shoes.

I'm not worried

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 28, 2018, 09:29:40 am
They have nice cold winters in all those places. Taking visits and being blown away by schools is nothing to be concerned with in your junior year.  Taking stock of the college football landscape is good for any young man in his shoes.

I'm not worried

I would not be surprised to see him commit early and shutdown his recruitment.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 28, 2018, 10:15:39 am
I would not be surprised to see him commit early and shutdown his recruitment.
Commit to who?

The_Iceman

Bkhardicars

I heard Hunter interviewed by Bo, and I think he will wait to see how the TE's are used in Morris' offense.

3kgthog

Quote from: Bkhardicars on January 28, 2018, 02:30:31 pm
I heard Hunter interviewed by Bo, and I think he will wait to see how the TE's are used in Morris' offense.

Bingo. Hunter is the one that told him to look around first because of that fact.

King Kong

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 28, 2018, 02:36:09 pm
Bingo. Hunter is the one that told him to look around first because of that fact.

Makes little sense to me. Morris had a Mackey awards winner at Clemson.

Did Hunter tell him that without any research?

HardingHog

Henry's tweet of him at Notre Dame:

https://twitter.com/hudsonhenry84/status/957426109368463360?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

Henry's tweet of him at Michigan:

https://twitter.com/hudsonhenry84/status/957086511576567810?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

greenEGnHAWGS

He's just making sure his star rating stays high. If he just commits to us outright, he'll probably become a 2*.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Bubba's Bruisers

I think Hudson will be a Hog.  I think Burks will be as well.  Will likely be a fight, of course, but I think we win both fights.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TexHog188

How does Hudson compare with Hunter at the same age?
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

onebadrubi

Quote from: VirginiaHog on January 28, 2018, 10:58:19 am
Commit to who?

No clue, but I don't see his recruitment drug out and filled with drama.

MB Hog

Quote from: TexHog188 on January 28, 2018, 06:00:22 pm
How does Hudson compare with Hunter at the same age?
Hudson is a little faster and quite a bit more elusive.  PA occasionally played him at DE to get pressure on the QB from the outside... never saw them do that with Hunter.  Similar work ethic, hands, and demeanor.  Probably a little skinnier than Hunter was as a junior.

hawgmasta

I'm gonna continue to think we have the advantage for him and Burks till the very end. Morris likes to put up some offensive numbers; those two would be monsters in his offense.

Sivad

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 28, 2018, 08:55:35 pm
No clue, but I don't see his recruitment drug out and filled with drama.
I agree, he won't play the jackass as some have done.

RaisinHog

I find it a little strange that our staff has pretty much been camped out in Warren the last few weeks but we don't hear much about them visiting henry .. I wonder if they think we are good at tight end or he just doesn't play b-ball lol

MB Hog

I figure Hudson will get plenty of inside scoop from his brother, Hayden, on what it is really like playing for the new coaching staff.  Unless things aren't as good on the inside as they appear, I'm guessing Hud will end up being a hog.

JIHawg

These players visiting Mich, ND, and other teams up north need to pay attention to how miserably cold and icy the weather is up there in the winter.

KlubhouseKonnected

I would not be absolutely shocked if Henry went elsewhere. He can go anywhere in the world and not every young man will want to choose to follow their brothers. It's like sometimes the biggest recruiting hurdle for a hometown kid is that you are trying to recruit him to his hometown.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

#1 STUNNA

How can this kid not love the hog... His family have all been hogs..

GoHogzzGo

Can't miss coach Herbert in that Michigan photo.

Hope this young man stays home, he will get the ball that is for sure.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

sowmonella

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 30, 2018, 01:03:24 pm

He does love the Hogs.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

jgphillips3

Clemson used the TE with Morris.  SMU has NO TE's on the roster who could do what Morris wanted the first two years.  Morris and the offensive staff have said they love the TE's we have on the roster.  Hudson will see this fall that there is plenty of opportunity for him here in this offense.

LRRandy

I would think he is a slam dunk for Arkansas. When he was offered by tOhio State and a Buckeye blog wrote it up they noted that his dad and two older brothers went to Arkansas.

He should commit early and give the class a building block for a potentially epic class
This is fun, isn't it.

Piggfoot

I'm not surprised at the defections from Arkansas. Especially with the downswing of the program. Good players want to play with good teams. For some it is a business decision. When Bielema arrived there was a perception that Petrino left some good athletes, enough to field a competitive team. He did good his first year or two then it crumbled. Hopefully Morris can stop the bleeding.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 30, 2018, 01:03:24 pm

More tradition at Notre Dame. Better education. It would be a no brainer IF he picked Notre Dame.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on January 31, 2018, 01:31:16 pm
More tradition at Notre Dame. Better education. It would be a no brainer IF he picked Notre Dame.

Not for his family, which was his statement.

Hogindasticks

He wouldnt be utilized in this offense like previous staff.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 31, 2018, 01:28:49 pm
I'm not surprised at the defections from Arkansas. Especially with the downswing of the program. Good players want to play with good teams. For some it is a business decision. When Bielema arrived there was a perception that Petrino left some good athletes, enough to field a competitive team. He did good his first year or two then it crumbled. Hopefully Morris can stop the bleeding.

What defections?  Have we lost players that we offered to out of state schools?  KJ Hill? Who else, the kid who went to Oklahoma State?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on January 28, 2018, 08:57:02 am
He posted some pics on twitter.

I'm real nervous about how this is going so far.

Hunter did the same thing. He visited numerous schools.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 31, 2018, 02:43:06 pm
This offense should still feature TEs, if they are talented enough.  Henry is most certainly that.  I would expect that he would have the opportunity to be as productive or more productive than Hunter was here.  Morris is a far better offensive mind than either Chaney or Enos and will make sure his studs get the rock.  When he had talented TEs at Clemson, they did well.  Dwayne Allen won the Mackey Award and was a 1st Team AA.  I would expect that we will see Patton and O'Grady show out at that spot this year and give Hudson a chance to see what his future holds. 

yraciv

You've got a lot of Razorback ties up in Michigan with Coach Herb and Enos up there, and don't forget Tank Wright and Keiro Small.  Lots of good dues that I'm sure Hunter has respect for. Not saying we won't keep him, but I'm sure Hudson has met with most of those guys prior to visiting.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: MB Hog on January 30, 2018, 09:33:12 am
I figure Hudson will get plenty of inside scoop from his brother, Hayden, on what it is really like playing for the new coaching staff. Unless things aren't as good on the inside as they appear, I'm guessing Hud will end up being a hog.

I love the CCM hire more than most, but I promise you those guys already on the hill are scared. Well, scared is probably too harsh a word, but there is apprehension any time you have a coaching change, and if you have a change in style as dramatic as what we are going through; well... Once recruiting season is over, these guys get more attention from the coaches and everyone gets to know each other better things will be fine. BUT you know fat boys are sweating it out. LOL..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: AP85 on January 31, 2018, 01:31:16 pm

If you are from Arkansas and want to live in Arkansas, Notre Dame is not a better school, does not have more tradition, and does not provide a better education. 

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 31, 2018, 02:43:06 pm

If he's as good as or as some say, better than his brother then he will be utilized wherever he goes and barring injury or a complete flame-out will get a shot at the NFL whether he plays for us or Notre Dame, or Arkansas State or Ball State.  If he is as talented as billed he needs to go wherever he is most comfortable with the staff, and the school.  He's not a hidden gem that scouts won't know about, it is likely that he is already on their radar given his brother's abilities. 

navyhog24

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on February 01, 2018, 03:01:29 pm
Notre Dame is not a better school, does not have more tradition, and does not provide a better education. 

Hogtimes

If you are from Arkansas and want to live in Arkansas, Notre Dame is not a better school, does not have more tradition, and does not provide a better education. 

Huh?

kp72204

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 31, 2018, 04:32:30 pm
What defections?  Have we lost players that we offered to out of state schools?  KJ Hill? Who else, the kid who went to Oklahoma State?
The kid from Springdale. Hampton I think (went to Alabama)

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 31, 2018, 04:32:30 pm

Didn't Henry's teammate Jones decommit from Arkansas and sign with Notre Dame?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hogindasticks

Yall need to let this kid go.....wants to play Rudy?  let him....I would love to meet him when the hogs play them shortly.

lumphog

sowmonella

Just taking his visits and enjoying the opportunity. He's all Hog.

Quote from: MB Hog on January 29, 2018, 10:13:53 am
Hudson is a little faster and quite a bit more elusive.  PA occasionally played him at DE to get pressure on the QB from the outside... never saw them do that with Hunter.  Similar work ethic, hands, and demeanor.  Probably a little skinnier than Hunter was as a junior.
And it must be said, Hudson had about half the production Hunter did as a junior.

It will be interesting to see IF Hudson chooses to leave the state if he is criticized the way so many others are. His grandpa, dad and two brothers played for Arkansas, maybe he wants something different?

AirWarren

LOL. Ok..........