Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks

Started by #1 STUNNA, January 09, 2018, 02:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDial

Maybe. But it's my understanding that he wants to play defense.

#1 STUNNA

He will be a receiver at the next level.

#1 STUNNA

Florida state was in the house last night!! Hamptons not gonna go down without a fight..lol

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 31, 2018, 10:25:39 am
Florida state was in the house last night!! Hamptons not gonna go down without a fight..lol

Not worried about FSU.

Hog-N-Ham

I'm glad to see the new coaching staff placing a strong priority on recruiting Treylon Burks ... Razorback fans can show their support by going and seeing this young man and the Warren Lumberjacks play this fall.  Take a look at the football schedule and go watch some games in person.

AugustaHog

I know that Treylon is a stud at numerous positions, but it appears we are recruiting him at WR.  He's so talented, I would think that we would recruit him at his preferred position.  If he's saying he wants to be a LB, Chavis and co. would be the ones going to his games instead of our offensive staff IMO.  Whatever position he's playing, it needs to be as a Hog. 

#1 STUNNA

he will play receiver wherever he goes to school. He is elite at the position

LA Football fan

And  if  the coaches are smart, they will have packages where he  plays OLB, Safety, etc.   May only be a handful of plays,  but his playmaking ability on defense is too valuable to just dismiss totally for the offensive side of the ball.  There are critical plays in every game where one 3rd down stop could be the  difference in winning and losing.  Burks has the  talent to be that difference maker on defense on those type situations.  Not calling for him to play a lot on that side of the ball but  I could see him  being in on critical situations where you take  advantage of his  speed and playmaking  ability.

King Kong

Alvin Harper is the only offensive player I can think of that has ever been a spot player for the back 7 on defense. Very hard for a guy who doesn't practice with the defense full-time to play defense.

Much easier for a defensive guy to play a few special plays on offense than to understand the entire defensive scheme.

Like Deion, Woodson or Champ

#1 STUNNA

Looks like they were in warren again last night

King Kong

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 02, 2018, 06:20:49 am
Looks like they were in warren again last night

FSU or our coaches?

#1 STUNNA

AugustaHog

Any word on whether Treylon is coming up for the Jr. Day on the 24th?  That seems to be the big weekend for us.  I'd love to leave that weekend with a couple big-time commits to get this class rolling.