Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks

Started by #1 STUNNA, January 09, 2018, 02:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

ridgehog23

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 02:22:24 pm
Maybe 4a tj Hammonds can finally get the ball in his hands now with a real coaching staff.

Or 3a Corliss Marshall,   There's some studs in east and south Arkansas make no mistake about it!   Lots of clambering over a 2a QB out of Earle this year too!

thebignasty

I don't think 7a talent is as bad as the guys who hate NWA think it is, but I do think central and southern Arkansas typically have better athletes.

Only reason I can see that NLR doesnt win every year is because of coaching.  They always look more athletic than the NWA teams that beat them year after year.

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on January 10, 2018, 04:23:07 pm
I don't think 7a talent is as bad as the guys who hate NWA think it is, but I do think central and southern Arkansas typically have better athletes.

Only reason I can see that NLR doesnt win every year is because of coaching.  They always look more athletic than the NWA teams that beat them year after year.

Pretty sure NLR switched coaches a couple of years ago and won the title this year.

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 05:18:13 pm
Pretty sure NLR switched coaches a couple of years ago and won the title this year.

I think you're right.  I've seen them and their NWA competition play at least once most years the last 7 or 8, though, and just based on the eye test, they ought to have won several more. 

IronHog

Quote from: thebignasty on January 10, 2018, 04:23:07 pm

I don't think their "bad" but most of this board doesn't realize that little schools all over south arkansas are loaded with kids that would take every skill position in NWA easily

They just don't have 270lbs linemen stacked 30 deep or 6-3 QBs like a big school
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: IronHog on January 10, 2018, 03:26:41 pm

Yes really

Only a fool thinks every 7a player is better than 4a players from a top team

They just play both ways and often out of position

The only fool is the person who said "Most of warrens starters would start for any 7a west school".  That's not only a foolish statement, it's downright stupid!
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 03:27:58 pm
Lol you must not know much about warren athletes

I know Warren has good athletes.  However, I'm not a Warren Kool-aid drinker like you and IronHog.   Seriously, you two need to settle down a bit.   
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: IronHog on January 10, 2018, 06:20:44 pm

I don't think their "bad" but most of this board doesn't realize that little schools all over south arkansas are loaded with kids that would take every skill position in NWA easily

They just don't have 270lbs linemen stacked 30 deep or 6-3 QBs like a big school

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on January 11, 2018, 12:53:36 pm
I know Warren has good athletes.  However, I'm not a Warren Kool-aid drinker like you and IronHog.   Seriously, you two need to settle down a bit.   

you better get out of the mountains

#1 STUNNA

lol.. its been proven at every level of football

LA Football fan

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on January 11, 2018, 12:52:32 pm
The only fool is the person who said "Most of warrens starters would start for any 7a west school".  That's not only a foolish statement, it's downright stupid!

Burks and McKnight would start for any 7A school at WR.  Speed and playmaking ability to burn for both of them.  Miller and Wallace were both 6-3 290 as d tackles.  Plenty big enough, mobile enough, strong enough,  and talented enough to start for ANY 7A school.  Steppes would be in the mix at rb.  May not start but would get plenty of carries, only a soph this year.  Warren had several other lineman that were big enough and strong enough to play and even start.  This was one of Warren's better years for lineman in a while.  Person at lb would be in the mix as well.  After that, it drops off pretty sharply and most would not see the field at a 7A school or they would play sparingly.  Burks would also start at any 7A school at LB, DE, or safety.  As a matter of fact, Burks would start at ANY HS in the country at WR, LB, and Safety and probably would be the most talented option at QB at most schools also.

#1 STUNNA

Terrance Hampton
Bret Smith
Roshaun Fellows
Ricardo Kemp
Deonte Jackson
Jalen Cobb
Raheim alford
Jaylen Marshall
Darveon Brown
Jay Wright
Gregg Childs
Chris Gragg
Basmine Jones
Treylon Burks
Kemontra Mcknight

Wide Receiver High in Arkansas... those all signed division 1 scholarships... not bad for a lil ole southern town of 5,000... and thats not the endless amount of kids that have signed at smaller schools at receiver and other positions..

IronHog

Not it's not

If Warren was the size of a 7a west school it would produce 2-8 D1 players per year every year
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

AirWarren

Hello stupid statement.

#1 STUNNA

LR touchdown club 4a player of the year.

#1 STUNNA

Michigan offered today.

31to6

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 16, 2018, 01:00:47 pm
Michigan offered today.
His offer list is going to look like an AP Top 25 poll when all is said and done.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 16, 2018, 01:00:47 pm
Michigan offered today.

did Harblah parachute into his school awkwardly dabbing the whole way?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on January 16, 2018, 01:06:58 pm
did Harblah parachute into his school awkwardly dabbing the whole way?

Dan Enos.. lol

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 16, 2018, 01:08:48 pm
Dan Enos.. lol

that is some disrespect there.  send the guy Burks probably has already met a thousand times instead of giving him the full clown show that is Harblah on the crootin trail.

#1 STUNNA

I don't think we will have to worry about Michigan

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 16, 2018, 01:21:45 pm
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 16, 2018, 01:21:45 pm

because after Warren and Arkadelphia meet again next year for the title he announces for the Razorbacks? yay! amirite? =)

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on January 16, 2018, 01:24:59 pm
because after Warren and Arkadelphia meet again next year for the title he announces for the Razorbacks? yay! amirite? =)

lets hope!!

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on January 16, 2018, 01:24:59 pm

I would be down for that.

Nashville sucks.....can we get a collective amen?

liljo

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 08:22:27 pm
Smith was good, and I guess we can just disagree. What is not disputable though is Warren did not play the competition that Springdale did. Evangel Christian, Jenks, etc. Not quite the same as Hope and Prescott.
While you are correct in that Springdale played tougher competition, I actually attended a game between Springdale and Prescott. Springdale had some kid named Mustain at QB who threw for five TDs...in the first half. I think he finished the day by completing 15 out of 16 passes, several of which were to that Williams kid. Pretty much all Mustain had to do was throw the ball onto the same field as Williams, and he'd go get it.

I remember the one incomplete pass like it was yesterday. Mustain threw the ball 50 yards in the air and overthrew Williams outstretched hands on a dead run by about six inches. That Springdale team was loaded.

But overall, yes, Springdale played a schedule. Still, Warren sure pumped out some athletes in those years.

I'm old enough to remember a lot of talented players coming through Arkansas high schools. I enjoyed Madre Hill's entire career, beginning with when he was in grade school here in Malvern. Going WAY back, there was a kid out of Brinkley name Jerry Eckwood that was the Original Freak. I swore when I watched him in high school that he had to be 25 years old. He had an NFL body when he was 18. Incredible athlete, superhuman.

Basil Shabbaz was quite a freak in his day, too. He opted to try for baseball and got himself a $100,000 paycheck I believe. I'm fair to certain if he'd played football for the Razorbacks he'd have been legendary. I witnessed Keith Jackson exporting himself to Oklahoma. I understood it, the Hogs were running the Flexbone offense under Hatfield at the time.

But I'd put D-Mack right at the top of the list of the best Arkansas High School players I ever personally saw play. I still think Madre was faster, though. Madre was a 4.6 guy if a 4.7 guy was after him. But if a 4.4 guy was after him, Madre was a 4.3. He just always had One More Gear. I never saw anyone run him down from behind, from 5th grade through his senior year. Not even close. He went down the Malvern sideline so fast one time that he blew Coach Alpe's hat off.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on January 16, 2018, 02:55:51 pm
I would be down for that.

Nashville sucks.....can we get a collective amen?

Amen! =)

247Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 16, 2018, 01:40:30 pm
lets hope!!

Stunna...you need to show this to Mr. Burks. We're the only state with a College team as the most popular.

He plays for the Hogs, he will be forever talked about in Arkansas and welcomed anywhere in the state IMO. Him plus Connor Noland/Grant Gunnell combined with the coaching staff could be a program changer.

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

LZH

Quote from: 247Hog on January 16, 2018, 04:49:08 pm
Stunna...you need to show this to Mr. Burks. We're the only state with a College team as the most popular.

He plays for the Hogs, he will be forever talked about in Arkansas and welcomed anywhere in the state IMO. Him plus Connor Noland/Grant Gunnell combined with the coaching staff could be a program changer.

Nice find....interesting.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: liljo on January 16, 2018, 04:22:39 pm
While you are correct in that Springdale played tougher competition, I actually attended a game between Springdale and Prescott. Springdale had some kid named Mustain at QB who threw for five TDs...in the first half. I think he finished the day by completing 15 out of 16 passes, several of which were to that Williams kid. Pretty much all Mustain had to do was throw the ball onto the same field as Williams, and he'd go get it.

I remember the one incomplete pass like it was yesterday. Mustain threw the ball 50 yards in the air and overthrew Williams outstretched hands on a dead run by about six inches. That Springdale team was loaded.

But overall, yes, Springdale played a schedule. Still, Warren sure pumped out some athletes in those years.

I'm old enough to remember a lot of talented players coming through Arkansas high schools. I enjoyed Madre Hill's entire career, beginning with when he was in grade school here in Malvern. Going WAY back, there was a kid out of Brinkley name Jerry Eckwood that was the Original Freak. I swore when I watched him in high school that he had to be 25 years old. He had an NFL body when he was 18. Incredible athlete, superhuman.

Basil Shabbaz was quite a freak in his day, too. He opted to try for baseball and got himself a $100,000 paycheck I believe. I'm fair to certain if he'd played football for the Razorbacks he'd have been legendary. I witnessed Keith Jackson exporting himself to Oklahoma. I understood it, the Hogs were running the Flexbone offense under Hatfield at the time.

But I'd put D-Mack right at the top of the list of the best Arkansas High School players I ever personally saw play. I still think Madre was faster, though. Madre was a 4.6 guy if a 4.7 guy was after him. But if a 4.4 guy was after him, Madre was a 4.3. He just always had One More Gear. I never saw anyone run him down from behind, from 5th grade through his senior year. Not even close. He went down the Malvern sideline so fast one time that he blew Coach Alpe's hat off.

That is NOT why Keith Jackson went to OU. I know supposedly they were going to more of a passing attack with Aikman, but they also recruited a wishbone QB out of LA named Jamelle Holieway.

KJ Sr went to OU because of his relationship with Switzer and lack of one with Holtz. He once stated on statewide radio that he watched in horror as Holtz grabbed players by the facemask. He would then twist it and do other things that would have gotten a player a 15 yard penalty on the field, if not tossed from the game.

I have no problem with coaches coaching players hard, but they have no business doing things that would draw a flag if done on the field.

After Holtz was fired, or "resigned due to burnout" according to the official word from on high, by the time Hatfield came on the scene it was too late to get KJ, he had already built a strong relationship with Switzer. Then Aikman broke his leg and OU went back to the wishbone and threw 5-6 times a game.

They did find other ways to get him the ball, TE reverses and such and when they did throw it was usually deep to Jackson..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Pork Ranger

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 05:18:13 pm

Always waiting with bated breath

liljo

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 16, 2018, 05:30:26 pm
That is NOT why Keith Jackson went to OU. I know supposedly they were going to more of a passing attack with Aikman, but they also recruited a wishbone QB out of LA named Jamelle Holieway.

KJ Sr went to OU because of his relationship with Switzer and lack of one with Holtz. He once stated on statewide radio that he watched in horror as Holtz grabbed players by the facemask. He would then twist it and do other things that would have gotten a player a 15 yard penalty on the field, if not tossed from the game.

I have no problem with coaches coaching players hard, but they have no business doing things that would draw a flag if done on the field.

After Holtz was fired, or "resigned due to burnout" according to the official word from on high, by the time Hatfield came on the scene it was too late to get KJ, he had already built a strong relationship with Switzer. Then Aikman broke his leg and OU went back to the wishbone and threw 5-6 times a game.

They did find other ways to get him the ball, TE reverses and such and when they did throw it was usually deep to Jackson..

Well excuse the hell out of me!

I apologize to all y'all for waxing long, and perhaps I got a detail out of line, and for that I got a "smite", or whatever. But some of y'all 'bout some prickly little pricks if ever there were any!

LOL! ! !
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

LZH

Quote from: liljo on January 16, 2018, 06:23:13 pm
Well excuse the hell out of me!

I apologize to all y'all for waxing long, and perhaps I got a detail out of line, and for that I got a "smite", or whatever. But some of y'all 'bout some prickly little pricks if ever there were any!

LOL! ! !

Gotta be perfect around these parts, bucko!

trphog

The Bills are more popular than the Yankees in New York state? That's a little perplexing to me

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: trphog on January 16, 2018, 07:11:42 pm
The Bills are more popular than the Yankees in New York state? That's a little perplexing to me
because baseball sucks and doesnt put up the #s that football does I guess. you are right it seems odd.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

liljo

Quote from: LZH on January 16, 2018, 06:25:20 pm
Gotta be perfect around these parts, bucko!

Yeah, or some really brave keyboard commando will rip ya a new one!

Anyway, Jackson went to Oklahoma because he didn't want to play for Holtz? In 1984, Ken Hatfield became Arkansas' coach. I don't recall the exact particulars, but I do know for a fact he didn't want to play in the flexbone offense, and now that I've been reminded...I remember the Holloway kid. Because everyone was talking about how ironic it was that Jackson left here to go somewhere with more of a promising future as a receiver, then Holloway came and OU went triple-option anyway.

I didn't claim in my original post that was WHY he went. I said I didn't blame him for doing it, and I just figured it was due to the offense Arkansas was switching to. Then this guy jumps on that little detail like he is some know-it-all.

Y'all are like a bunch of little girls or something!
;)

liljo

PS: Back to Burks...

He sure looks like he'd be great up on the Hill. I hope we get him.

Cavosea1

Quote from: liljo on January 16, 2018, 08:18:06 pm
PS: Back to Burks...

He sure looks like he'd be great up on the Hill. I hope we get him.

I agree bro.  I hope we have a GREAT chance to get him

ChicoHog

I'm not sure where they get their information but there is no way that the Pirates are more popular than the Steelers.  I grew up in the Pittsburgh area and it's not even close.   I also have a hard time believing the Braves are more popular than the Tide in Alabama.   And in Nebraska it's a no-brainer that the Huskers are the most popular team. 

FATHAWG08

The Braves in Alabama?
I love off season Football!!

trphog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 16, 2018, 08:00:11 pm
because baseball sucks and doesnt put up the #s that football does I guess. you are right it seems odd.

Yeah, the New York freaking Yankees. You know, the 10th biggest spots franchise on the whole planet in terms of revenue? There is no way the Buffalo Bills are more popular than the Yankees outside of Buffalo.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2017/01/19/manchester-united-now-biggest-sports-team-in-the-world/#25cc571423d4

On another note, try not to be a [CENSORED] for once. I'm sure it's hard not too, but.....

FATHAWG08

I think what is unique about Warren is that they have one of the top coaches in state and the community has bought into it and supported football starting in grade school. They have great athletes and they are able to develop these kids over a 7/8 year period. It reminds me a lot like Crossett back in the 70's & 80's great athletes, great football, baseball and a hell of track  program. 23 State Championships in track alone.
I love off season Football!!

southeasthog

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 16, 2018, 08:35:26 pm
I'm not sure where they get their information but there is no way that the Pirates are more popular than the Steelers.  I grew up in the Pittsburgh area and it's not even close.   I also have a hard time believing the Braves are more popular than the Tide in Alabama.   And in Nebraska it's a no-brainer that the Huskers are the most popular team. 

It says it at the top of the map.

"Based on Google Search Data"

It also doesn't prove anything.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 09:27:19 am
the 7a west produces good football players... but they are no better than the ones coming from the lil ole 4a and lower classes like some think... They need to get out of the mountains definitely and watch some other ball. If Arkansas wants to find great athletes Morris needs to have these high school coaches walking the hallways of central and southern arkansas... they are everywhere.
This is true. I subbed a Pine Bluff HS for a yr. You would be surprised some of the biggest and most athletic kids at the school were just walking the hallway.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 11, 2018, 05:21:32 pm
Terrance Hampton
Bret Smith
Roshaun Fellows
Ricardo Kemp
Deonte Jackson
Jalen Cobb
Raheim alford
Jaylen Marshall
Darveon Brown
Jay Wright
Gregg Childs
Chris Gragg
Basmine Jones
Treylon Burks
Kemontra Mcknight

Wide Receiver High in Arkansas... those all signed division 1 scholarships... not bad for a lil ole southern town of 5,000... and thats not the endless amount of kids that have signed at smaller schools at receiver and other positions..

WOW.  Good for Warren.   It  must be in the gene pool.  With Arkansas going to the spread we will need more athletes to run around making plays.

texas tush hog

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 17, 2018, 08:02:44 am
This is true. I subbed a Pine Bluff HS for a yr. You would be surprised some of the biggest and most athletic kids at the school were just walking the hallway.

Drug dealers don't have to go through two-a-days.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 17, 2018, 08:34:18 am
WOW.  Good for Warren.   It  must be in the gene pool.  With Arkansas going to the spread we will need more athletes to run around making plays.

Starts with the coaching.. and ends with the community

1highhog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 06:32:29 pm
smith was the best high school player i had seen in person until Burks came along. Smiths senior season might be the best in Arkansas high school history.

No.  Just no.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: trphog on January 16, 2018, 09:00:20 pm
Yeah, the New York freaking Yankees. You know, the 10th biggest spots franchise on the whole planet in terms of revenue? There is no way the Buffalo Bills are more popular than the Yankees outside of Buffalo.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2017/01/19/manchester-united-now-biggest-sports-team-in-the-world/#25cc571423d4

On another note, try not to be a [CENSORED] for once. I'm sure it's hard not too, but.....

The PLANET!

The do that largely off of local revenue
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

#1 STUNNA