Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pittman's Tip Helps Kirkland on the Edge

Started by Mike Irwin, August 26, 2015, 10:34:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Going into his junior and perhaps final season with Bret Bielema's Razorbacks Denver Kirkland was arguably the best run blocker on the offensive line. In the off season both Bielema and offensive line coach Sam Pittman believed that Kirkland could make a successful switch from guard to the crucial left tackle position. The question was, did Kirkland have the quickness and balance to protect quarterback Brandon Allen from his blindside?

Following the Hogs' first preseason scrimmage the answer appeared to be, maybe not. Allen suffered a pair of interceptions while going 10 of 26 passing. By his own admission Bielema said that Allen's problems stemmed from having "too many guys in his face" while trying to pass.
----------------------
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/pittmans-tip-helps-kirkland-on-the-edge

JoeyCapital

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

razorsharptusk

I hope we can keep Pittman a long long time. I know Alabama has tried to take him. 
GO HOGS!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

elksnort

Good topic.

Let's hope Kirkland can grade out very well. I think it will go a long way in determining how well the Razorbacks' offense does this season.

PorkRinds

"We get paid, so we try the best we can".  Lol.  Pittman is awesome.

Hawgzinbowlz

Denver is where our success on the OL starts. It won't take an SECW DC very long to figure out if our left tackle can get the job done.

Sam Pittman is an excellent coach...and recruiter.

" GO HOGS "