Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

interesting article mentions mallett, rebuke of the hunh

Started by flowermoundstan, February 22, 2015, 10:56:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flowermoundstan

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/It-s-a-whole-new-ballgame-for-college-QBs-taking-6094364.php#/0

The story is truer and more meaningful than ever in 2015.

While amateur offenses spread out farther and roll off points faster than in the past, professional franchise quarterbacks can't be found. Draft picks are burned and wasted, as regimes are altered and names continue to change. The kids with the killer arms and swift legs can't survive in the NFL, spinning in circles while the weight of a slowly changing league drags them down.

20hog11

Uncommon

When quarterbacks commit to these HUNH spread teams and it's because they think they'll have a better chance of making it to the NFL I just laugh.  Please tell me out of the 32 QBs that started on Opening Day in the NFL, how many came from HUNH spread offenses in college.  I'd say it was about 4-6.  In the HUNH spread you'll get the stats but you won't get the NFL readiness like you would if you played in a pro style offense.  Hell the HUNH guys have a hard time even calling a play in the huddle because it's so abnormal to them.  TALK ABOUT SAD.

Why I just shook my head when that 5 star QB from Shreveport committed to Ole Miss and that snake Hugh Freeze.  Boy I hope we whip their a!! again this season.  And I hope we sack that Chad Kelly punk b!@#h like 7 times.

Buff