Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philon at 298lbs

Started by ricepig, February 20, 2015, 01:56:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

DT @dukephilon_07 checked into the NFL Scouting Combine at 6-1, 298 pounds today. His workout is Sunday #WPS

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2015, 01:56:08 pm
DT @dukephilon_07 checked into the NFL Scouting Combine at 6-1, 298 pounds today. His workout is Sunday #WPS

measured in at bigger than Geno Atkins (6-1 293) and Aaron Donald (6-1 288)...so here is to hoping he can impress as much as they did at the combine

razorhogLR

bigdaddyhawg

I believe he will be a stud as a 3-4 DE.  Hope the right team drafts him!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2015, 01:56:08 pm

Best of luck to him.  I hope he becomes a very wealthy man in the NFL. 

navyhog24

If he was moving that quick at 298 and dominating opposing OL, he will definitely go in the higher rounds.

Smalltownhog95

Hope my packers give him a shot. We need some new faces at D-line
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 20, 2015, 08:24:03 pm
Hope my packers give him a shot. We need some new faces at D-line
My fiancée would approve of this. She's all cheese.... Though she pulls for my Jets in sympathy.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

26.2Hog

Quote from: razorhogLR on February 20, 2015, 02:41:04 pm
dude got swole

*chortle*

Yep, those milkshakes will do that.

Good luck, Darius.

NVRyield

That's great!  I hope he doesn't lose speed and I don't think he will in the long run.  His instincts are crazy fast.   :razorback:

Razor6

Looking forward to Draft day and hearing the word "ARKANSAS" after the players names!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

hawgmasta

Wow. That's twenty pounds heavier than I thought he was. Dude a fast moving bowling ball. Questions about his size are going to quiet down a bit.

bennyl08

Yeah. That is a lot bigger than anybody expected. The weights listed were taken in July, but they've mostly been in fall camp and the season since then. That said, he must have found some time to gain weight then because there is no way he did all that over winter. If he did, that would be crazy unhealthy and hurt his performance. Kudos to the man.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

regi

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 20, 2015, 03:12:02 pm
I believe he will be a stud as a 3-4 DE.  Hope the right team drafts him!

My thoughts exactly, Steeier or Raven

Breesus Is My Homeboy

February 21, 2015, 04:44:56 pm #15 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:16:10 pm by Breesus Is My Homeboy
Did 26 reps on the bench press. I'd say that is in the typical range for a DT (albeit on the low end), so it shouldn't be too significant to his stock.

Hoggiedawg

I hope DP makes it to the league.  He was an outstanding HOG!!!!

felixfan

I heard Kipper say he thinks Philon will be a 2nd round pick weekend it's all said and done. 

jcarney12747

Quote from: felixfan on February 22, 2015, 12:07:07 am
I heard Kipper say he thinks Philon will be a 2nd round pick weekend it's all said and done. 
I heard that too on the radio. Thought he might have misspoke.

dhizzle

Just looked at his profile it said he weighed 272 and he needed to bulk up. Is someone BSing me? 272 is a big difference from 298.

Soooie21

I hope he does..but I still feel at this moment he goes undrafted..

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: Soooie21 on February 22, 2015, 03:50:30 pm

He will be drafted...

jackflash

I think he will be better in a 4-3 defense.

HogFoo

I have no doubt DP will be drafted. All they have to do is look at the film of him. He, was a monster with a motor and had endurance. After weighing in at 298lbs and putting up ''the average'' on bench.  I have no doubt he'll be drafted and I wouldn't be surprised if he did go in the 2nd round like Kiper mentioned.  Congrats to him. I really think had philon came back another year he'd probably had been a 1st rounder.  Especially if he had another stellar year.  But, sometimes you have to strike when the irons hot. But,  congrats to him.  Hope he works hard, stays humble and goes to the cowboys.  =-)   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

bennyl08

Quote from: HogFoo on February 22, 2015, 05:54:16 pm
I have no doubt DP will be drafted. All they have to do is look at the film of him. He, was a monster with a motor and had endurance. After weighing in at 298lbs and putting up ''the average'' on bench.  I have no doubt he'll be drafted and I wouldn't be surprised if he did go in the 2nd round like Kiper mentioned.  Congrats to him. I really think had philon came back another year he'd probably had been a 1st rounder.  Especially if he had another stellar year.  But, sometimes you have to strike when the irons hot. But,  congrats to him.  Hope he works hard, stays humble and goes to the cowboys.  =-)

Based on his combine numbers, it's looking less like an early rounder. He added weight, but was at best average, and often below average. However, his tape should get him a draft pick, just may not be making as much as he may have been led to believe.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

OnTheHillHogFan

He'll only go undrafted if the NFL they uncover some severe red flags in the next 2 months
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Youngsta71701

May have put on too much weight. Reportedly ran a 5.03 at the combine.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

gawntrail

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 23, 2015, 06:52:12 am
May have put on too much weight. Reportedly ran a 5.03 at the combine.

Didn't see either of his 40s... NFL network cut to commercial and highlighted another player during his attempts.  I thought that was a bad omen.  Didn't see his field drills either.  I hope the kid makes it due to his reasoning to come out early.....but, I can't shake the bad feeling I've got.  Really pulling for him to sign with some CA$H to help his family. 

Good Luck DP!!