Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compare-The 2014 Seasons-Arkansas Vs. Missouri

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, February 19, 2015, 11:57:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

February 19, 2015, 11:57:03 am Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:41:37 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Compare the numbers generated by Arkansas and those generated by Missouri this past season. One went 7-6, the other 11-3 with a trip the SECCG. It is unbelieveable how much better in so many categories that we were compared to Missouri. And yeah, there is that thing about them being in the weaker East. Even so, they played us pretty tough. Still, as we build, this should give us hope for the future.

I know it must be very frustrating for the kids and the staff to know that they are a far better team than the record indicated, especially if you look at comparisons like this.

Per Game Averages
                               7-6        11-3
Offense               Arkansas  Missouri
Rushing                      218       177.9
Rush Att                    42.9      38.5
Rush P/Att                  5.1        4.6
Rushing Pts.               14.3       7.3
Passing Offense           188       189.1
Pass Att                    27.6       29.6
Pass Comp                 15.3       15.8
Comp Percent            55.5%     53.3%
Yards P/Att                 6.8        6.4
Yards P/Comp             12.3       12.0
INT's Thrown              0.46       0.93
Pass Att P/INT            59.8       31.9
Passing Pts                 9.7        9.0
Total Offense              406        367
FG Pts                        2.1       3.86
XP's                           4.0        3.1
2 Pt Conv                    0.0       0.29
Fumb Lost                  0.85       0.21
Rush Att P/Fumb Lost   50.7      179.7
Scoring                      31.9       27.8
Off Points P/Play          0.45      0.41
Sacks Allowed              1.1        1.6
1 Sack Allow/Pass Att   25.6      18.0
TFL Allowed                  4.8        6.1
1 TFL Allow/Rush Att      8.9        6.3
Neg Yards(Sacks, TFL)   24.1      36.1
Yds Per Play                  5.8       5.4
3rd Down Conv %          47.1%   42.9%
4th Down Conv %          63.2%   81.3%
RZ Conversion %           78.6%   93.3%

Defense      
Rushing                       114.6     133.7
Rush Att                       33.0      37.9
Rush P/Att                      3.5       3.5
Rushing Pts.                    5.1       7.7
Passing Offense             208.8    212.7
Pass Att                       30.2      33.9
Pass Comp                    16.7      20.6
Comp Percent               55.3%    60.8%
Yards P/Att                    6.9       6.3
Yards P/Comp                12.5      10.3
INT's Thrown                 0.92       0.86
Pass Att P/INT               32.7      39.5
Passing Pts                    8.8        7.7
Total Defense               323.4     346.4
FG Pts                           1.4        3.0
XP's                              2.5        2.4
2 Pt Conv                      0.08      0.29
Fumb Gained                  0.92      0.93
Rush Att P/Fumb Gain      35.8      40.8
Scoring                         19.2      21.1
Pts Allowed P/Play          0.30      0.29
Sacks                            1.9      3.14
1 Sack/Pass Att             15.9      10.8
TFL                               6.2       7.5
1 TFL/Rush Att                5.3       5.1
Neg Yards(Sacks, TFL)     44.1     53.3
Yds Per Play                    5.1       4.8
3rd Down Conv %           39.6%   37.0%
4th Down Conv %           22.2%   52.2%
RZ Conversion %            69.7%    86.8%
Go Hogs Go!

kodiakisland

You left out the most important stat:
AR-MO
14-21

That's the frustrating one.

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

PorkSoda

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 19, 2015, 12:19:07 pm
AR-MO
14-21

If brandon allen had not been injured (or if austin had played) The score would have been different.  regardless.  we are a better team than our record suggests.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 19, 2015, 12:37:11 pm
If brandon allen had not been injured (or if austin had played) The score would have been different.  regardless.  we are a better team than our record suggests.

Yes we were. If you look at those numbers there are a few things that really helped them. They rarely gave up the ball by fumble and when they got in the RZ, they usually put points on the board. Additionally, as much as our defense helped us, their defense helped them more. They averaged a lot of sacks and TFL which also really helped. The biggest problem they had defensively was being soft once a team reached their RZ.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Nice work Muskogee and thanks for this.

UM has indeed been fortunate due to the weakness of the East the past two years.  Even then they should have ended 10-4 and we 8-6.  The SEC wanted no part of Bama vs. UGA in Atlanta so the refs did their thing and sent them to the SECCG...

Pinkel does more with less and has been doing it for some time, but everything is changing and I think UM becomes a perennial 4th/5th place team in that division.

DeltaBoy

My Bone with that game is the staff failure to put in Austin Allen after it was clear Brandon was tight from that cheap shot the week before.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRHawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 19, 2015, 01:55:29 pm
My Bone with that game is the staff failure to put in Austin Allen after it was clear Brandon was tight from that cheap shot the week before.

From what I've read on here, that decision was at least partially on Chaney, so I'm hoping we won't see a situation like that again.

PorkSoda

Quote from: LRHawg on February 19, 2015, 02:17:41 pm
From what I've read on here, that decision was at least partially on Chaney, so I'm hoping we won't see a situation like that again.
I read that there was a disagreement between chaney and BB on the issue, but it wasn't stated which wanted to pull him and which wanted to keep him in.  which is frustrating because now I don't know who to be mad at.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TexHog188

RZ conversion % sticks out to me on first glance.  Also though I saw some turnovers hidden in there as well.  Drives that don't end in TD's once you get to the red zone are frustrating.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

LRHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 19, 2015, 02:18:57 pm
I read that there was a disagreement between chaney and BB on the issue, but it wasn't stated which wanted to pull him and which wanted to keep him in.  which is frustrating because now I don't know who to be mad at.

Well let's just say hopefully it was the guy who's now gone.

razorbacker3

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 19, 2015, 02:18:57 pm

Why be mad now? It will just get you blood pressure up.

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 19, 2015, 11:57:03 am
Compare the numbers generated by Arkansas and those generated by Missouri this past season. One went 7-6, the other 11-3 with a trip the SECCG. It is unbelieveable how much better in so many categories that we were compared to Missouri. And yeah, there is that thing about them being in the weaker East. Even so, they played us pretty tough. Still, as we build, this should give us hope for the future.

I know it must be very frustrating for the kids and the staff to know that they are a far better team than the record indicated, especially if you look at comparisons like this.

PerPer Game Averages
                               7-6        11-3

Defense      

FIFY  ;)
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: TexHog188 on February 19, 2015, 02:23:28 pm
RZ conversion % sticks out to me on first glance.  Also though I saw some turnovers hidden in there as well.  Drives that don't end in TD's once you get to the red zone are frustrating.

Look at Missouri's number of plays on average that pass between giving up a fumble and their offensive RZ % is really high. I think the fact that they capitalized when presented with scoring opportunities helps overcome some of their average lack of production. Other teams might have had more trips to the RZ but on 45 trips to the RZ they scored 13 TD's rushing and 15 passing (28 for 67% of all RZ trips). The rest were on 14 FG's which gave them a RZ number of 93.3%, tied for 3rd in the nation. Still, they averaged scoring fewer points per game than we did.
Go Hogs Go!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: LRHawg on February 19, 2015, 02:17:41 pm
To this day it's never been made clear who made that decision.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 19, 2015, 12:59:12 pm
Nice work Muskogee and thanks for this.

UM has indeed been fortunate due to the weakness of the East the past two years.  Even then they should have ended 10-4 and we 8-6.  The SEC wanted no part of Bama vs. UGA in Atlanta so the refs did their thing and sent them to the SECCG...

Pinkel does more with less and has been doing it for some time, but everything is changing and I think UM becomes a perennial 4th/5th place team in that division.

Compare Missouri's 2013 stats to these. Missouri was by far a more productive and more formidable opponent in 2013 than they were in 2014, even though they managed to make a return appearance to the SECCG. Now Arkansas on the other hand, made huge strides from 2013 to 2014 and probably more than many folks realize.
Go Hogs Go!

ChemEHawg

Stats are great, but misery played a great game plan wearing our defense out late. We lost, and it still hurts. That out of the way...

Field goals and RZ% jumps out to me. Also that these defensive stats are a combination of the entire years stats on defense which didn't start out well. Imagine solid production from the beginning! I'm excited about the tune up games this year to get things set defensively at game speed. Hogs go on the road to some tough venues this fall, but those programs have their own issues. Should be a good year in 2015!! :razorback:
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

Steef

Cleaned.

Great thread. Let's keep it that way, guys.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChemEHawg on February 19, 2015, 07:12:51 pm
Stats are great, but misery played a great game plan wearing our defense out late. We lost, and it still hurts. That out of the way...

Field goals and RZ% jumps out to me. Also that these defensive stats are a combination of the entire years stats on defense which didn't start out well. Imagine solid production from the beginning! I'm excited about the tune up games this year to get things set defensively at game speed. Hogs go on the road to some tough venues this fall, but those programs have their own issues. Should be a good year in 2015!! :razorback:

Study their defensive stats. Their defense is what really won games for them. As good as our defense was for us, the last two seasons their defense is what helped that team reach the SECCG both years. Their offense was far more productive in 2013 than it was in 2014. They really took a step back this past season from an offensive standpoint.

But the intriguing thing to me is that we were so close to them statistically and yet they end up 11-3.
Go Hogs Go!

Chief Mac

Quote from: steefhog on February 20, 2015, 05:40:56 am
Cleaned.

Great thread. Let's keep it that way, guys.

Thanks for removing the rubbish Steef!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 19, 2015, 12:41:44 pm
Yes we were. If you look at those numbers there are a few things that really helped them. They rarely gave up the ball by fumble and when they got in the RZ, they usually put points on the board. Additionally, as much as our defense helped us, their defense helped them more. They averaged a lot of sacks and TFL which also really helped. The biggest problem they had defensively was being soft once a team reached their RZ.

Ture. However their higher INT's # offsets the fumbles. Also their RZ % on offense is much better than ours was. The biggest difference was competition with Arkansas in the West division and Mizzou in the East division. We played one of the toughest schedules in the country. Their's was tough but not as tough as ours.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Chief Mac

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 20, 2015, 07:32:00 am
Study their defensive stats. Their defense is what really won games for them. As good as our defense was for us, the last two seasons their defense is what helped that team reach the SECCG both years. Their offense was far more productive in 2013 than it was in 2014. They really took a step back this past season from an offensive standpoint.

But the intriguing thing to me is that we were so close to them statistically and yet they end up 11-3.

While I know the east fared better in the bowl games, it wasn't the west in terms of competition.  I don't want to discount Mizzou, but given how suspect their offense was, it further validates the competition level in their division.  Flip schedules and I would say our record could have been quite similar.  We came out flat against UGA and had a banged up QB against Mizzou.  Those two games were VERY winnable. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

mizzouman

Per Game Averages
                               7-6        11-3

Defense      

This is futile.  Cannot compare two teams with stats. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 20, 2015, 07:48:40 am
While I know the east fared better in the bowl games, it wasn't the west in terms of competition.  I don't want to discount Mizzou, but given how suspect their offense was, it further validates the competition level in their division.  Flip schedules and I would say our record could have been quite similar.  We came out flat against UGA and had a banged up QB against Mizzou.  Those two games were VERY winnable. 

As was Tx A&M, Alabama, Miss St. The ball bounces little differently, we get some breaks or maybe make a few different calls and we might have wound up with 10 or more wins. But I think it takes a mature team to pull out wins when it is close and we should be mature enough to get some of that done this coming season.
Go Hogs Go!

mizzouman

February 20, 2015, 07:58:57 am #23 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:30:48 am by mizzouman
Quote from: PorkSoda on February 19, 2015, 12:37:11 pm
A healthy BA would not made that much of a difference.  I could say that a healthy Mauk would have made a difference as well.  I could say that a health Morse and Boehm on the Oline would have protected Mauk better.  Both of those were about 70% or less as well.  Mauk was playing at 70% but no one knows that because it doesn't matter. 

You can play the 'what if' game all day long and justify just about anything.  Bottom line is you play with who you have....No one gets extra points on the scoreboard for playing hurt guys.  If that were the case, we would have been a much better team in our first year in the SEC. 

How many extra points do you get by playing walkons?  If so, we may have won 2 or 3 more games that year.

kp72204

Out of all the teams to compare to, why Missouri? Sounds like a rivalry is starting. ;)

mizzouman

Quote from: hogz11 on February 19, 2015, 01:22:37 pm
Let's not even talk about the horrendous officiating in the Ark/MO game this past year. Utterly pathetic.....
I agree.  Skipper was holding and literally dragging people to the ground.  Several illegal chop blocks by Ark OLine was never called.  Bad officiating.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kp72204 on February 20, 2015, 08:00:36 am
Out of all the teams to compare to, why Missouri? Sounds like a rivalry is starting. ;)

No, I just noticed how similar we seemed to be in terms of numbers/production and yet they won 11 while we only won 7.
Go Hogs Go!

mizzouman

Quote from: kp72204 on February 20, 2015, 08:00:36 am
Exactly.  For people on this board that could care less about Mizzou, there's a lot of angst against them.

mizzouman

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 20, 2015, 08:02:30 am
No, I just noticed how similar we seemed to be in terms of numbers/production and yet they won 11 while we only won 7.
Can't play an entire season by comparing stats.  If stats told the story, then why even play the game? 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mizzouman on February 20, 2015, 07:58:57 am
A healthy BA would not made that much of a difference.  I could say that a healthy Mauk would have made a difference as well.  I could say that a health Morris and Boehm on the Oline would have protected Mauk better.  Both of those were about 70% or less as well.  Mauk was playing at 70% but no one knows that because it doesn't matter. 

You can play the 'what if' game all day long and justify just about anything.  Bottom line is you play with who you have....No one gets extra points on the scoreboard for playing hurt guys.  If that were the case, we would have been a much better team in our first year in the SEC. 

How many extra points do you get by playing walkons?  If so, we may have won 2 or 3 more games that year.

Missouri gave up 1 sack in every 18 passing attempts and 1 TFL in every 6.3 rushes. Those are season averages. Your "protection" wasn't all that great all season long.

And you have no idea what difference a healthy BA might have made, same goes with Mauk. We can all speculate, but we really don't know.

Your defense saved your bacon last year as your offense took a pretty big tumble in terms of production from 2013.
Go Hogs Go!

kp72204

Quote from: mizzouman on February 20, 2015, 08:05:40 am
Can't play an entire season by comparing stats.  If stats told the story, then why even play the game?
So you can accrue the stats!!!

bob slydell

Quote from: mizzouman on February 20, 2015, 08:05:40 am

You compile the stats while playing the game. In the end, stats tend to tell a lot of the story of what happened.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

mizzouman

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 20, 2015, 08:10:00 am
Missouri gave up 1 sack in every 18 passing attempts and 1 TFL in every 6.3 rushes. Those are season averages. Your "protection" wasn't all that great all season long.

And you have no idea what difference a healthy BA might have made, same goes with Mauk. We can all speculate, but we really don't know.

Your defense saved your bacon last year as your offense took a pretty big tumble in terms of production from 2013.
OLine banged up all year there for the protection issues. 

You say we can speculate....that's my point....when you look at stats, that's what you do.  You speculate on what would happen based on stats.

mizzouman

mizzouman

Quote from: ArmyHawg on February 20, 2015, 08:12:37 am
You compile the stats while playing the game. In the end, stats tend to tell a lot of the story of what happened.
Stats are just an accumulation of what has happen during a game or a season.  There's a lot more to winning a football game than comparing stats. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 19, 2015, 12:59:12 pm

I agree with your first point and disagree with your second.  UM has been the beneficiary of a very weak East division since joining the conference, but Pinkel is obviously an excellent coach.  We can joke and make fun of his drinking and all that, but it's clear the guy can flat out coach.  For that reason, I don't see them sinking to the bottom half of the East as long as he's there.  Georgia and Tennessee will be good this year but I don't see either of them being head-and-shoulders better than Missouri.  South Carolina will take another step back, I think.  Florida may have trouble staying ahead of Vandy and Kentucky at the bottom.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mizzouman on February 20, 2015, 08:20:57 am
OLine banged up all year there for the protection issues. 

You say we can speculate....that's my point....when you look at stats, that's what you do.  You speculate on what would happen based on stats.

Stats aren't speculative, there are actual results of performance generated in games. Now if I was saying that based on those stats that Arkansas or Missouri were going to win "X" number of games next year, that would be speculation.
Go Hogs Go!

mizzouman

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 20, 2015, 08:56:46 am
Stats aren't speculative, there are actual results of performance generated in games. Now if I was saying that based on those stats that Arkansas or Missouri were going to win "X" number of games next year, that would be speculation.
But that's what you are doing.  Stats are real numbers, agree.  But your post suggests that because the stats for Arkansas show better, then they are the better team.  That's speculation. 

HF#1

We lost to Mizzou for a number of reasons...

1. Allen was hurt.
2. Chaney throwing it in the 4th quarter with a hurt QB
3. Defense got gassed because of Chaney's play calling.
4. Mizzou hit two or three big plays because our guys were gassed.
5. Mizzou got lucky
6. Mizzou has been lucky the last two years.
7. Mizzou shouldn't be in the SEC
8. Mizzou should lay off the meth
9. Mizzou sucks
10. I hate Mizzou.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mizzouman on February 20, 2015, 11:03:20 am
But that's what you are doing.  Stats are real numbers, agree.  But your post suggests that because the stats for Arkansas show better, then they are the better team.  That's speculation. 

I'm not sure that I could have been any more clear. I see nowhere in this that I indicated that we were the better team. As good, yes I believe we are. I didn't say, better. You are little overly defensive for a guy who is a fan of a team that went 11-3.
Go Hogs Go!

mizzouman

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 20, 2015, 11:11:01 am
I'm not sure that I could have been any more clear. I see nowhere in this that I indicated that we were the better team. As good, yes I believe we are. I didn't say, better. You are little overly defensive for a guy who is a fan of a team that went 11-3.
Never defensive, just trying to understand.

This quote..." It is unbelieveable how much better in so many categories that we were compared to Missouri."

What is the point of this statement?  Simply to say the stats are better for Arkansas?  If that's the only thing you are trying to say, then I stand corrected.  Then that begs another question.  So what?  You could have compared those stats to any number of teams you lost to.  Why Mizzou?  Again, not defensive, just trying to understand.  Some ideas and thoughts get lost in posts so I may not be getting your argument. 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HF#1 on February 20, 2015, 11:11:01 am
We lost to Mizzou for a number of reasons...

1. Allen was hurt.
2. Chaney throwing it in the 4th quarter with a hurt QB
3. Defense got gassed because of Chaney's play calling.
4. Mizzou hit two or three big plays because our guys were gassed.
5. Mizzou got lucky
6. Mizzou has been lucky the last two years.
7. Mizzou shouldn't be in the SEC
8. Mizzou should lay off the meth
9. Mizzou sucks
10. I hate Mizzou.

All valid reasons for me!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Cresthog

February 20, 2015, 11:46:50 am #42 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:06:54 pm by Cresthog
Here's how I feel about the Mizzou game last year. Totally sucks we blew the chance to go 1-0 up on them and ruin their season. Typical hogs.

ChiTown27

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 19, 2015, 01:55:29 pm

This is exactly what got my blood boiling. If I were Austin Allen, I would have contemplated transferring after that game. If he can't see the field as bad as BA played, albeit injured, then that ought to tell him he will NEVER see the field.

Overall, BA isn't a bad QB, but that game he was awful.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Burt B.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 19, 2015, 05:50:08 pm
To this day it's never been made clear who made that decision.

Regardless, CBB has to own it. Ultimately it was his call. That was really one of the few times I really felt CBB dropped the ball.

MuskogeeHogFan

February 20, 2015, 05:18:44 pm #45 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:51:25 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: mizzouman on February 20, 2015, 11:41:07 am
Never defensive, just trying to understand.

This quote..." It is unbelieveable how much better in so many categories that we were compared to Missouri."

What is the point of this statement?  Simply to say the stats are better for Arkansas?  If that's the only thing you are trying to say, then I stand corrected.  Then that begs another question.  So what?  You could have compared those stats to any number of teams you lost to.  Why Mizzou?  Again, not defensive, just trying to understand.  Some ideas and thoughts get lost in posts so I may not be getting your argument. 

Again, the obvious seems to be escaping you. What do you think it means? There isn't anything vague about it. "It is unbelieveable how much better in so many categories that we were compared to Missouri." There isn't anything speculative about that because it is factually true. Seems you are trying to fabricate an argument just because you don't care for the facts. Seriously, stop being purposely obtuse. That statement is completely clear.

Were we better in most categories than Missouri? Yes. And I don't know that if I compared us to a lot of other teams season stats that we played, that I could say the same thing, that two teams were very similar and yet one won 11 games and the other won 7. By the way, the only one who is arguing in this thread is you, and I honestly don't know if you are truly confused and unable to comprehend something so simple, or if you are purposely trying to be difficult and stimulate an argument. I can only explain it just so many times at the simplest level.
Go Hogs Go!

luke hawg

A healthy BA would not made that much of a difference.  I could say that a healthy Mauk would have made a difference as well.  I could say that a health Morse and Boehm on the Oline would have protected Mauk better.  Both of those were about 70% or less as well.  Mauk was playing at 70% but no one knows that because it doesn't matter. 

I am going to enjoy your presence on this board from this point until Bielema is no longer our coach.

Darren DeLoach

A healthy BA would not made that much of a difference.

Mizzouman,  I like you as a poster. I respect your opinions. You have a very unbiased perspective in most cases,  but you are simply wrong in this instance.  Brandon's injury totally changed the games results.  Not even debatable.  He wasn't banged up. He wasn't just playing with nagging football related injuries.  No, he was incapacitated and could not throw the ball. That is on the staff. But it allowed Missouri to win that game.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on February 20, 2015, 06:23:52 pm
Mizzouman,  I like you as a poster. I respect your opinions. You have a very unbiased perspective in most cases,  but you are simply wrong in this instance.  Brandon's injury totally changed the games results.  Not even debatable.  He wasn't banged up. He wasn't just playing with nagging football related injuries.  No, he was incapacitated and could not throw the ball. That is on the staff. But it allowed Missouri to win that game.

And he will counter with "Mauk playing injured, the O-Line banged up all season long, etc, etc." The obvious injuries only seem to count on the Missouri side of the ball.
Go Hogs Go!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 19, 2015, 12:19:07 pm
AR-MO
14-21

In my opinion, the main reason why Missouri won against us is because of the following Defensive Coach.

www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/steckel_dave00.html

Steckel can defensive coach.  I can think of only 2 games in which he had subpar defensive game planning/play calling, and those 2 were the SEC Championship game in 2013 against Auburn and last season against Indiana.

Thankfully, Steckel has left Missouri (he got a head coaching job).