Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Word is "The Jock" has left the building

Started by Piglet Dispersion Syndrome, February 18, 2015, 04:17:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

February 18, 2015, 04:17:01 pm Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:42:55 pm by Piglet Dispersion Syndrome
Look for Tommy, Derek, and Tyler Wilson to be back on 93.3 tomorrow morning. You're welcome.

Sportster365

Jeff may have made 1 too many Arkansas jokes that ole Jimmy B thought was funny. Good riddance.

I really wasn't a fan of the Morning Rush either, Derek's a jerk and Tommy's lame, but I must say it was much better than Jimmy B and the Gang or Crew or whatever. Sounded like an old 80s rap group.

/sarcasm on

Yeah. Some dude was trying to pimp the new program in the forums a few weeks ago. It wasn't an interesting show. I actually started listening to the buzz again for my morning commute it was so bad.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Sportster365 on February 18, 2015, 04:24:56 pm
Jeff may have made 1 too many Arkansas jokes that ole Jimmy B thought was funny. Good riddance.

I really wasn't a fan of the Morning Rush either, Derek's a jerk and Tommy's lame, but I must say it was much better than Jimmy B and the Gang or Crew or whatever. Sounded like an old 80s rap group.

The Morning Rush is an excellent morning show. I listen to it on the way to work every morning over Josh B's Red Zone show.

Phenomenal One

Brensen is a joke .... How are you going to be on the radio in Arkansas and constantly make jokes about Arkansas and it's fans?  And he does it in his completely overdone radio voice .... He had the same schtick on the Buzz 8-10 years ago and apparently he's still hanging around .... Good to see he won't be on there anymore

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: /sarcasm on on February 18, 2015, 04:27:59 pm
Yeah. Some dude was trying to pimp the new program in the forums a few weeks ago. It wasn't an interesting show. I actually started listening to the buzz again for my morning commute it was so bad.
It must have been terrible.   The morning Rush is ok.  Tyler just isn't old enough to give good opinions on some things IMO.   He try's to sound knowledgable about some things but lacks the life experience to do it and it comes across as nonsense (sometimes).  Good QB though. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: /sarcasm on on February 18, 2015, 04:27:59 pm

Whoa now! Wasn't that bad.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

/sarcasm on

onebadrubi

Quote from: /sarcasm on on February 18, 2015, 06:20:31 pm
Lol. It was to me.

It was complete unbearable, you aren't the only one.  I actually downloaded the time in app just to listen to Tyler wilson

presidenthog

Quote from: /sarcasm on on February 18, 2015, 06:20:31 pm
Lol. It was to me.
I heard that horrid abomination of a radio show the buzz puts on in the morning with tommy and his retarded friends. It was without my consent and it was so awful that I tried to jump out of the moving vehicle to escape it. If it wasn't for the child safety lock I would have gotten away from its terribleness

presidenthog

Also my idea of beating the bazz is beating my head against the window til I'm knocked out so I can't hear him anymore. Then and only then have I beaten him.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

How much testicle fortitude do you have to have to put Jeff Aken on the air in Arkansas?  Dude is a horn fan. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

If I had it my way, I'd like the Buzz to have this lineup...

1. Morning Rush 6-10am
2 Game on 10-2
3. Bo 2-6

93.3 isn't the most powerful station in the world.  If I pull up next to a building it cuts out.  That lineup on the Buzz would have no competition.

woo.pig

Quote from: HF#1 on February 18, 2015, 07:23:19 pm
If I had it my way, I'd like the Buzz to have this lineup...

1. Morning Rush 6-10am
2 Game on 10-2
3. Bo 2-6

93.3 isn't the most powerful station in the world.  If I pull up next to a building it cuts out.  That lineup on the Buzz would have no competition.

That's the problem. Until they can be heard outside the LR Metro growth potential is limited.

idochog

The jock was just as bad as tommy/baz in the am
I love Jesus!

Pigster

Hatley says "due to legal issues way beyond my control."

Anybody know the story?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

NaturalStateReb

For the most part, Little Rock is a radio wasteland.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

BearsBisonsBoars

Well, I hate to see anyone get canceled.

But that was a truly terrible show. Really nothing redeeming about it that I ever found.

Glad I can go back to listening to 93.3 from 6 to 6 like I used to. I just hope the go back to being "The Source" instead of the "The Jock".

Peter Porker

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 18, 2015, 10:37:35 pm
Well, I hate to see anyone get canceled.

But that was a truly terrible show. Really nothing redeeming about it that I ever found.

Glad I can go back to listening to 93.3 from 6 to 6 like I used to. I just hope the go back to being "The Source" instead of the "The Jock".

Every time I hear "The Jock" I always think "The Strap".
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: presidenthog on February 18, 2015, 07:12:03 pm
I heard that horrid abomination of a radio show the buzz puts on in the morning with tommy and his retarded friends. It was without my consent and it was so awful that I tried to jump out of the moving vehicle to escape it. If it wasn't for the child safety lock I would have gotten away from its terribleness
I listened to the buzz once on my morning commute.  Wasted an hour listening to the entire crew talk about talking about something they never talked about.  That's an hour I can never get back.

aaronpjones21

Tommy and Derek not streaming on 93.3 right now.... Some dudes that I stopped listening to after 5 seconds. They were annoying quickly.

jcharkansas

While I didn't like jim brinson either, those 2 Chicago yanks Andy and Mike are really terrible. Nothing can last on 93.3 in the mornings. They need to get the morning rush back and find something to fill that 9-11 spot cuz Andy and Mike north are worse than tommy smith, and that's tuff to do,

Hog Nutt

Is it proper practice now days that radio hosts all talk at the same time so that the listener can't understand a word anybody is saying? I'll hang up and listen, or try to.

jcharkansas

Quote from: Hog Nutt on February 19, 2015, 08:37:19 am
Is it proper practice now days that radio hosts all talk at the same time so that the listener can't understand a word anybody is saying? I'll hang up and listen, or try to.
Yea when you've got 5 hosts and a tommy smith that has to stutter his way through to getting his  last word in. That seems to happen

GuvHog

Quote from: woo.pig on February 18, 2015, 08:52:17 pm
That's the problem. Until they can be heard outside the LR Metro growth potential is limited.

I agree. They definitely need to raise their output power to the maximum (100,000 Watts).
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

idochog

Quote from: GuvHog on February 19, 2015, 08:57:00 am
I agree. They definitely need to raise their output power to the maximum (100,000 Watts).

The buzz is always harping about ratings, its only bc no other station is has a signal strong enough to cover the state, if that were to happen the BUZZ ratings would drastically decrease.

Their show lineup sucks w/ Tommy/Bazz and Drivetime being worthless wastes of hot air
I love Jesus!

twistitup

I'm a press row and bo guy myself - F the rest of it
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RazorBassin

Quote from: Phenomenal One on February 18, 2015, 04:56:30 pm
Brensen is a joke .... How are you going to be on the radio in Arkansas and constantly make jokes about Arkansas and it's fans?  And he does it in his completely overdone radio voice .... He had the same schtick on the Buzz 8-10 years ago and apparently he's still hanging around .... Good to see he won't be on there anymore

Only so many times I can be called a boob, slub, moron or a DA in general.  Good riddance!  The little promotion they ran over and over basically calling Arkansas fans idiots was enough for me.  I stopped listening to all of it as far as morning shows go.  I'll tune back in to see how Tyler does, hopefully he can bring insight to the game as well as a balanced approach to the fans/athletes. 

Piggage

It was just a matter of time. I hope the Longhorn fan is on his way back to Big 12 country.

I guess their replacements aren't quite ready. This morning it was doze two giess toalkin' 'bout teams in deh NFL dat nohbiddy cahes uhbout, n-kay?

Hogfan1660

About time IMO! I got tired of hearing how highly recruited and what a great athlete they were back in the day. It was a pretty lame show but it was still better than anything that the buzz is spewing every morning! I wonder what Tommy Smith is eating on the show today while reminiscing  about being in rehab?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on February 19, 2015, 09:32:43 am
About time IMO! I got tired of hearing how highly recruited and what a great athlete they were back in the day. It was a pretty lame show but it was still better than anything that the buzz is spewing every morning! I wonder what Tommy Smith is eating on the show today while reminiscing  about being in rehab?

I think they're talking about nipples, playing some clips from some old Yes albums, and eating some donuts, all liberally sprinkled with fake laughter. 

Basically, the usual.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Seebs

February 19, 2015, 09:37:19 am #37 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:13:25 am by Seebs
920 AM is no more - I lost my conduit to Dan Patrick on my drive in.  Started listening to the Jock and began to not hate it - now this morning I get the morning show I used to turn off when I lived in New Jersey.
I will NOT listen to the Buzz in the mornings - I owe that to myself.  Guess I can put in my  'best of' Cds until the Jock gets its head out of its Jock.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Seebs on February 19, 2015, 09:37:19 am
920 AM is no more - I lost my conduit to Dan Patrick on my drive in.  Started listening to the Jock and began to not hate it - now this morning I get the morning show I used to turn off when I lived in New Jersey.
I will NOT listen to the Buzz in the mornings - I owe that to myself.  Guess I can put in my  'best of' Cds until the Jock gets its head or of its Jock.

If you really want some full depression fuel, listen to KARN 920/102.9 in the afternoon.  It's enough to depress a hyena.

GuvHog

Quote from: idochog on February 19, 2015, 09:01:35 am
The buzz is always harping about ratings, its only bc no other station is has a signal strong enough to cover the state, if that were to happen the BUZZ ratings would drastically decrease.

Their show lineup sucks w/ Tommy/Bazz and Drivetime being worthless wastes of hot air

I agree. I would love to own the Buzz and if I did, there would definitely be some changes with the first one being to send Tommy Smith packing. That guy is terrible!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

It getting worse instead of getting better. I listen to ESPN 96.3 till 11 then I switch over to  99.3 Fm
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 19, 2015, 09:57:09 am
It getting worse instead of getting better. I listen to ESPN 96.3 till 11 then I switch over to  99.3 Fm

That's basically what I do.  Either 104.3 or 96.3 and then 93.3 in the afternoon.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hanguplisten

It was horrible but the fake laughing was probably the worst. They kept going on and on the other day about Corliss having the best nickname ever. McNasty. Really?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 18, 2015, 10:27:19 pm
whatever happened to "Lyncho's Midday Buzz" ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

NaturalStateReb

Seebs

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 19, 2015, 10:52:31 am
whatever happened to "Lyncho's Midday Buzz" ?
The state voted completely Republican last election - Lyncho's head would have exploded. Come to think of it, that would have been great radio.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

twistitup

Quote from: hanguplisten on February 19, 2015, 10:44:39 am
It was horrible but the fake laughing was probably the worst. They kept going on and on the other day about Corliss having the best nickname ever. McNasty. Really?
It was really that bad.....damn, I'm glad we couldn't hear it up here-
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OLDHOG

Quote from: twistitup on February 19, 2015, 11:20:50 am
It was really that bad.....damn, I'm glad we couldn't hear it up here-
Yep. Hearing NOTHING is, was, better than that sheez.

WILL CLINTON

No matter who is on there, 96.3 has to have the weakest signal I've ever had from a radio station. I leave for school from Hot Springs headed to Little Rock every morning between 8-10am and I've yet to get a solid signal all the way to the interstate, and it's completely faded out by the time I'm in Benton.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

southarkhog06

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 18, 2015, 10:27:19 pm
you have obviously never listen to the radio in south arkansas.