Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enos

Started by ricepig, February 18, 2015, 03:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

I didn't hear the interview, but here are some tweets from it from Bo

Enos on Bielema bringing the whole offensive staff to meet with him: "I think it was an interview with a little bit of recruitment."

Enos: I've always been a person who doesn't want to paint my team into a corner in terms of the way we play.

Enos: When you have two guys rush for 1,000 yards, like Arkansas did last year, you know you're doing something right.

Enos: My last few years at Central Michigan, we became a really good screen team. That's definitely something we want to bring here.

Enos: I see a guy in Brandon Allen who has a lot of physical tools, a live arm. I was impressed with his mobility - he can keep plays alive.

Enos: I'm an on-the-field guy. Even when I wasn't a head coach, I wanted to be on the field. I like to look the QB in the eye.

Enos: The one thing I'll say about being a head coach is that it's not all it's cracked up to be some of the time.

scruf

I really like that he's going to be on the field. My guess is Coach Lunney will be in the booth.

trashcan maN

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2015, 03:59:57 pm

Enos: My last few years at Central Michigan, we became a really good screen team. Thats definitely something we want to bring here.

Enos: I'm an on-the-field guy. Even when I wasn't a head coach, I wanted to be on the field. I like to look the QB in the eye

We're goin to the Natty!!!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2015, 03:59:57 pm
I didn't hear the interview, but here are some tweets from it from Bo

Enos on Bielema bringing the whole offensive staff to meet with him: "I think it was an interview with a little bit of recruitment."

Enos: I've always been a person who doesn't want to paint my team into a corner in terms of the way we play.

Enos: When you have two guys rush for 1,000 yards, like Arkansas did last year, you know you're doing something right.

Enos: My last few years at Central Michigan, we became a really good screen team. That's definitely something we want to bring here.

Enos: I see a guy in Brandon Allen who has a lot of physical tools, a live arm. I was impressed with his mobility - he can keep plays alive.

Enos: I'm an on-the-field guy. Even when I wasn't a head coach, I wanted to be on the field. I like to look the QB in the eye.

Enos: The one thing I'll say about being a head coach is that it's not all it's cracked up to be some of the time.

I think I hear a tons of Razorback fans crying tears of joy on several of those.

And a few guys heading to the john for a self quickie.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Kevin

I like to look the qb in the eye.  YES, YES, YES
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 18, 2015, 04:37:59 pm
I think I hear a tons of Razorback fans crying tears of joy on several of those.

Or both.  They're not mutually self exclusive.  Just sayin'.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Poppa Tart on February 18, 2015, 04:41:28 pm
Or both.  They're not mutually self exclusive.  Just sayin'.

Exactly!  (I was giving some folks on here the benefit of the doubt, but I know the truth!!)
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Dwight_K_Shrute

BA early Heisman watch list. Enos Broyles award candidate.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 18, 2015, 04:58:25 pm
BA early Heisman watch list. Enos Broyles award candidate.

Hogs early CFB playoff participants??

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2015, 05:00:26 pm
Hogs early CFB playoff participants??
Front runners for winning it all?
   -Harry Solomon

Uncommon

Speaking of Enos and the offense.  A poll was taken from Hog fans of what direction the offense will go in.  Here are the results:

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Poppa Tart on February 18, 2015, 05:16:27 pm

Been in 'Bama all week...we will not be sneaking up on anyone in the west.  ;)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Kevin on February 18, 2015, 04:39:16 pm

Yeah, that was a big one for me in addition to making the screen a part of the O...

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Kevin on February 18, 2015, 04:39:16 pm

I liked his take in that. Said he wants to be down on the field for the qb. He played qb and coached them for a long time. He knows how it feels to have good days and bad days and sometimes the qb needs a "buddy" down there for some encouragement. I couldn't agree more. I really really like that thought process.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

hawg1221

When you run a plain vanilla offense like we did last year, it's absolutely amazing we were able to be as productive as we were. Our offense can be so much better than it was last year. Coach Enos can put those small wrinkles into the playbook that will showcase the talent we do have on offense.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Poppa Tart on February 18, 2015, 05:16:27 pm

Cardelle jones or whatever his name was couldn't carry peavy or story's jock strap. 

Cue the goin to the ship chant from hardball

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 18, 2015, 05:53:13 pm
I liked his take in that. Said he wants to be down on the field for the qb. He played qb and coached them for a long time. He knows how it feels to have good days and bad days and sometimes the qb needs a "buddy" down there for some encouragement. I couldn't agree more. I really really like that thought process.

agreed and think this is something BA has been missing his whole career.  I think it will help

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on February 18, 2015, 06:25:16 pm
this is something BA has been missing his whole career.
When you throw a touchdown you have lots of friends. When you throw a pick or fumble you really need A friend.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on February 18, 2015, 05:20:16 pm

Bama? Must have lost a bet with someone... ;) :)

I imagine we are on a lot of radars.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hawgXi

I think coach enos will have the same effect on offense as coach smith did on defense.

all of a sudden these unhearlded 3 stars
WILL be able to get separation.
WILL be able to stretch the field
WILL be able to get to the edge
WILL be able to run the screen
WILL be able to run the crossing pattern successfully
WILL be able to convert the 4th and 1
WILL be able to convert the 3rd or 4th and goal from the 1
WILL be able to run up a half time lead in the 2nd half
WILL be able to come back from a 4th qtr deficit

all with the same personnel as last season.

26.2Hog

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 18, 2015, 06:43:17 pm
When you throw a touchdown you have lots of friends. When you throw a pick or fumble you really need A friend.

Put that to a country music melody and I think you might have a hit.

HF#1

We'll see.  I like what he had to say.  It's just putting the product on the field.  Seems like he doesn't care how we score, he'll do whatever it takes to win.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

tusksincolorado

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 18, 2015, 07:10:39 pm
Put that to a country music melody and I think you might have a hit.

Of course with Carrie Underwood singing!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hawgXi on February 18, 2015, 07:06:01 pm
I think coach enos will have the same effect on offense as coach smith did on defense.

+ 1 what I have been saying as well.

gawntrail

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 18, 2015, 04:37:59 pm

MuskogeeHogFan

Sounds great, but I think I will just wait and see.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

We have reason to be optimistic. The spring game will be interesting as CDE will likely keep 50%+ of his play book under wraps. The R&W will still garner a lot of attention.
Looking forward to how the OOC games and how the SEC offensive schemes unfold.
Lots of enthusiasm and hopefully the results are close.

" GO HOGS "

Lake City Hog

I gave hawgXi a big +1! I think that Enos COULD have the same effect on our O that Smith did on our D. That might be enough to make us a real contender.

idochog

The screen game could be huge with the backs we got. It will also lessen the Wr weakness.
I love Jesus!

LZH

I am smarter than him, unless he kicks ass.  I am smarter than everyone else.....unless I'm not.

As you were.

BigPapaHawg

I really think I am going to like Enos as OC!!!!
WOO PIG

HogMantheIntruder

I'm with you on this.  The guy is good at coaching offenses and play calling.  That much we know.  He has a proven track record.  That alone, however, might not translate into improvement right away.  The reason why it will HERE is that we literally have all the pieces to run HIS offense, but most are actually better than what he is used to having.   Granted, we don't know for sure on receiver, but I think we're going to be fairly solid at that position with what we have returning.  Aside from that, unless you don't like BA, you have to think this may be the most offensive talent he's ever had to work with that actually fits exactly what he wants to do.  I think we're really in for a treat this season.
   -Harry Solomon

hawgXi

Quote from: Lake City Hog on February 18, 2015, 08:30:55 pm
I gave hawgXi a big +1! I think that Enos COULD have the same effect on our O that Smith did on our D. That might be enough to make us a real contender.

many people will be surpised to see what great talent we have at wr coming back from last year.

several tall NFL frames that were just not put to good use.

can't wait to see enos put it together.

plus, the man will not quit in the 4th quarter, just look at his bowl game last year.

wholehog92

For those that don't know, Bo archives his interviews online.  You can listen to it here:
http://www.sportstalkwithbo.com/site/index.php
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hawgXi on February 19, 2015, 07:00:32 am
many people will be surpised to see what great talent we have at wr coming back from last year.

several tall NFL frames that were just not put to good use.

can't wait to see enos put it together.

plus, the man will not quit in the 4th quarter, just look at his bowl game last year.
And we get Jojo this year! ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

GoHogs1091

Quote from: idochog on February 18, 2015, 08:38:32 pm
The screen game could be huge with the backs we got. It will also lessen the Wr weakness.

But, but, Chaney said that our Offensive Linemen can't get down field to effectively block for a screen pass.

Sarcasm on

Who should we believe, Chaney with his NFL coaching experience and his voluminous/scholarly offensive playbook, or Enos and his mere meager (compared to Chaney's coaching experience) offensive coaching experience in the Mid-American Conference?

Sarcasm off

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 19, 2015, 11:05:21 am
But, but, Chaney said that our Offensive Linemen can't get down field to effectively block for a screen pass.

Sarcasm on

Who should we believe, Chaney with his NFL coaching experience and his voluminous/scholarly offensive playbook, or Enos and his mere meager (compared to Chaney's coaching experience) offensive coaching experience in the Mid-American Conference?

Sarcasm off

I'll take the opinion of the guy that has experience successfully coaching an offense similar to the one bielema wants to run.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 19, 2015, 11:13:18 am
I'll take the opinion of the guy that has experience successfully coaching an offense similar to the one bielema wants to run.

I hope that is the case because we need to be employing an effective screen game against fast on the edges SEC Defenses, but from what I saw of Wisconsin the last 2-3 seasons Coach Bielema was at Wisconsin, there wasn't screen passes.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on February 18, 2015, 05:20:16 pm
oh no....  I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and here on the south east corner we got GA,  Bama,  Tenner,  and Awburn fans a plenty.  We aren't sneaking up on anyone. They're tightening up their jock straps over here.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: wholehog92 on February 19, 2015, 08:43:56 am
For those that don't know, Bo archives his interviews online.  You can listen to it here:
I'm among those who didn't know.  Fantastic interview.  Thank you!  +1
   -Harry Solomon

Hoggish1

Excellent points.  The last one will rarely be needed but yeah, it WILL be able to...

Hoggish1

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 19, 2015, 11:38:07 am
  We aren't sneaking up on anyone. They're tightening up their jock straps over here.

Better put in a good cup to go along with the jock tightening...

woodhog14

Yep.

Hoggish1

Quote from: wholehog92 on February 19, 2015, 08:43:56 am

He will be an OC from the vantage point of having been a HC AND a QB coach and player.  Has the same philosophy as CBB but he is willing to do (stylewise) whatever is needed to win.

We will be a true nightmare for any D, if we can truly do many things well.

LRHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 18, 2015, 07:59:06 pm
Sounds great, but I think I will just wait and see.

Yeah after Rob Smith came in here and turned things around immediately, I think we're all just wishing Enos could do the same. I'll be patiently optimistic he will get it done. Looking forward to seeing his new looks during the spring game.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 19, 2015, 11:38:07 am
oh no....  I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and here on the south east corner we got GA,  Bama,  Tenner,  and Awburn fans a plenty.  We aren't sneaking up on anyone. They're tightening up their jock straps over here.
That sounds like a terrible place....

gawntrail

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 19, 2015, 11:05:21 am

Sarcasm on

Sarcasm off

Funny the way it is if you think about it.....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LRHawg on February 19, 2015, 04:22:15 pm
Yeah after Rob Smith came in here and turned things around immediately, I think we're all just wishing Enos could do the same. I'll be patiently optimistic he will get it done. Looking forward to seeing his new looks during the spring game.

I think Enos has more talent to work with to get it done, but there are a lot more moving parts that all have to work in synchronization with each other to make a play successful. Not downplaying the defense and all of their responsibilities, reads, alignments and reactions at the snap of the ball at all, but there is a reason that a defense is usually the one that tends to gel and come around sooner than a offensive unit.

What I am encouraged by is the statements made by Enos that they intended to limit changes so that there was basically only one person having to learn (Enos) instead of a major change that would require an entire unit to re-learn a new system, and when Enos said he didn't intend to make major changes but that he did have a few things that he wanted to add to the playbook. This sounds like everything is going to stay steady on course as it has been with a few tweaks here and there that may help us. Sounds good to me.
Go Hogs Go!

goodguytex

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 19, 2015, 05:46:55 pm
I think Enos has more talent to work with to get it done, but there are a lot more moving parts that all have to work in synchronization with each other to make a play successful. Not downplaying the defense and all of their responsibilities, reads, alignments and reactions at the snap of the ball at all, but there is a reason that a defense is usually the one that tends to gel and come around sooner than a offensive unit.

What I am encouraged by is the statements made by Enos that they intended to limit changes so that there was basically only one person having to learn (Enos) instead of a major change that would require an entire unit to re-learn a new system, and when Enos said he didn't intend to make major changes but that he did have a few things that he wanted to add to the playbook. This sounds like everything is going to stay steady on course as it has been with a few tweaks here and there that may help us. Sounds good to me.
One thing that really impressed me about Brandon Alllens progression was his much better ball control last season. I was aggravated and frustrated often at all the times Allen would fumble or throw an interception at the worst possible time. During the 2013 season. His judgement and maturity improved tremendously last season. Hopefully with more weapons to work with he will be able to help make the offense even more potent.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Does Roscoe ome with Enos as a complimentary (booby) package?
:o   ;)
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?