Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Tech fans are discussing Arkansas as a potential Top 10 team...

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, February 15, 2015, 02:27:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

The Texas Tech fans seem to be generally optimistic thinking they can move the ball against the Arkansas defense.  I don't think they realize how well Arkansas has recruited on defense plus Robb Smith will be in year 2 implementing his style.  Year 1 went very well! 

Of course, will Texas Tech have any chance of stopping the Arkansas offense?  They have a new defensive coordinator so they will find out in game 3 how good they really are. 

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=13646734

welchog

This is one game i am not worried about.  Should be done by halftime.

Scott7703

We beat them by three scores on the road. I'm thinking its even more lopsided this year.

gawntrail

They are going to attempt to throw 15-18 yd crossing and L/R zone beating combos.... And, try to run us deep out of man coverage on the far edges.  We'll need a LB that can run to keep a RB from gashing us in the weak side flat/opposite seam from TE. 

We need to do what we do on offense, and hold them down on defense.  Bend not break.  Should be a 2 to 3 score win if we keep from getting hurt by the deep strike/quick score bug.

welchog

Quote from: gawntrail on February 15, 2015, 03:13:47 pm
They are going to attempt to throw 15-18 yd crossing and L/R zone beating combos.... And, try to run us deep out of man coverage on the far edges.  We'll need a LB that can run to keep a RB from gashing us in the weak side flat/opposite seam from TE. 

We need to do what we do on offense, and hold them down on defense.  Bend not break.  Should be a 2 to 3 score win if we keep from getting hurt by the deep strike/quick score bug.
They would have done the same thing last year if our defense would have let them.   I doubt it will this year as well.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on February 15, 2015, 02:27:32 pm
The Texas Tech fans seem to be generally optimistic thinking they can move the ball against the Arkansas defense. I don't think they realize how well Arkansas has recruited on defense plus Robb Smith will be in year 2 implementing his style.  Year 1 went very well! 

Of course, will Texas Tech have any chance of stopping the Arkansas offense?  They have a new defensive coordinator so they will find out in game 3 how good they really are. 

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=13646734

They said that last season as well........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Bacon_Bitz

About 3/4 of Tech fans were predicting a 2+ TD win last year and a lot of them kept making excuses for how the game was closer than the final score afterwards. We will run them into the ground even more easily than we did last year. No way they come close to hanging with us in Fatetteville

widespreadsooie

HF#1

hahahaha..  500 to 600 yards passing isn't out of the question for them?  hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Those folks are suffering from West Texas retardation.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

WardamnHOGGLE

Hard to imagine they can beat us after the progress we made through the season.  They got worse after the whoopin we game them.

ifghog

I am normally  not one to say we will blow someone  out but they were only better than Nicholls state last year. They were terrible.  Same head coach...I saw no improvement last year from when we played them not to mention  we out recruited them. We can name the score in this game....

Demaghog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 15, 2015, 03:56:39 pm
About 3/4 of Tech fans were predicting a 2+ TD win last year and a lot of them kept making excuses for how the game was closer than the final score afterwards. We will run them into the ground even more easily than we did last year. No way they come close to hanging with us in Fatetteville

I love it how ttech fans say "if we just don't turn the ball over we win". News flash, when your offense throws the ball a lot, you will turn the ball over more (unless you have Tom Brady at QB).

HamIAm

Only generally optimistic?  Last year they were downright confident.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: welchog on February 15, 2015, 03:34:12 pm
They would have done the same thing last year if our defense would have let them.   I doubt it will this year as well.

The great thing is our defense was not very good when we played them, if we had played them in October or November it would have been over at the half!

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: ifghog on February 15, 2015, 04:30:22 pm
I am normally  not one to say we will blow someone  out but they were only better than Nicholls state last year. They were terrible.  Same head coach...I saw no improvement last year from when we played them not to mention  we out recruited them. We can name the score in this game....

They did hire David Gibbs as their new DC, and he's well-regarded. Last year they had a ton of off field drama after their former DC was fired, so just having a competent coordinator and staff stability could see them improve quite a bit. It would be surprising if they were as bad as last year.

That said, I think we're going to be better next year, so it should still be a comfortable win.

zane

We completely bullied them up and down the field in front of their home crowd in whatever podunk Texas city they play in.

They will probably cancel their football program after what's going to happen to them this year in the 'Nam
RIP LSUfan

bennyl08

Quote from: Demaghog on February 15, 2015, 04:38:59 pm
I love it how ttech fans say "if we just don't turn the ball over we win". News flash, when your offense throws the ball a lot, you will turn the ball over more (unless you have Tom Brady at QB).

And even Mr. Golden Boy threw two picks in the Super Bowl and came w/in a lucky play of losing
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggish1

Quote from: gawntrail on February 15, 2015, 03:13:47 pm

They saw the model last year and will get an improved dose in year two in Fayetteville, which is ball control on steroids.  They will have few possessions and with each one they get the score will have widened making them very frantic and more mistake prone.

PaintballHog

Lol our running game embarrassed them so bad last year that it made their DC show up drunk and/or high on Monday. It will be a even bigger blood bath.

ar_hog_fan

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 15, 2015, 05:33:32 pm
And even Mr. Golden Boy threw two picks in the Super Bowl and came w/in a lucky play of losing

People are quick to talk about the 'lucky' play at the end. But why not give Butler the due credit for making a damn good play on the ball? If you want to talk about lucky, how about the long pass play that the dude caught on his back to even put them in that position? Sorry, not trying to derail the thread. As a lifelong Pats fan I just get tired of hearing people say 'oh it was just a lucky play that got them the win.' Not completely aimed at you, just people in general. Lol Anyways, carry on. And WPS!

lilRockNDubb

There was some who thought Tech would give us a loss last year. The koolaid those fans drank last year is the same koolaid Tech fans are drinking now.  We threw the ball once in the 2nd half. With 2 offensive starters leaving, I don't see anything changing but maybe a bigger deficit

heatmiser

I knew we were going to kill them when they briefly interviewed Kliff Kingsbury before the game. He said something like "we tried to put out best plan together that we could and we'll see what happens". You could see he was scared of what was coming
Arkansas Razorbacks

Hawgzinbowlz

Some of the incoming class will see substantial playing time vs. TT.

In Fayetteville, not a prayer for the TTRR.

" GO HOGS "

theFlyingHog

Whole bunch of delusional people over there. I didn't know what to expect for the game last year and couldn't fault them for thinking they had a chance. But what we did to them, and then went on to do the rest of the season, if they think they have a chance they must be hoping our entire team gets the flu

MissippHog

I'm not even going to bother looking at the message board.  This is one game I am not worried about in the least. 

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

HawgFan70

I think we are a horrible matchup for Texas Tech. They are not designed to stop a run game with a dominating offensive line
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

jesterzzn

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on February 15, 2015, 09:44:51 pm
We should see Juan Day by the third quarter..

:razorback:

It will be Juan Day that TexasTech will wants to forget.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

RussVegas Hawg

Vantage 8 dude

Not directly related to our game with them this year, however, still related to TT. Saw this a couple of weeks ago where they won't be having a spring game because of work being done at Jones Stadium in Lubbock. They apparently don't have a field big enough to hold an official end of spring practice.

The second thing though was what really amazed me. Apparently the kid who finished the season at QB-sorry don't recall his name-is playing for the baseball Raiders. Therefore, according to the football coaching staff ALL PRACTICES THIS SPRING WILL BE SCHEDULED AROUND HIS PLAYING BASEBALL. In other words, their entire football spring practice is being dictated by the availability (or lack thereof) of one player. I honestly have to ask what HC in his right mind would allow a sophomore-to-be QB determine when and how practices are going to be conducted? On second thought, I just answered my own question: it's Kliff Kingsbury. Never mind!!

go hogues

Oh good grief. We will run at will on those guys and the game should be over by halftime.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bigred223

We are going to murder them. Last years game was comical. Unless they brought entirely new lines on both sides of the ball, then I don't think they will have a chance to compete.

wholehog92

Our O line will handle them like toys.  I saw nothing from their O line that looked like control of our D line.  Our O line will be better and I think our D line will be coming into form by then.  When we control both LsOS, there isn't much left to decide but margin of victory.  Those guys are high.  There's a reason that kid threw the INTs last time.  If they want to salvage the rest of their season, they will leave their new wonderboy on the sideline for this one.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

gmarv

this kind of made me think of the saying (spurrier said it I think) the good news we got a lot of our players back from last year.the bad news those players weren,t very good.thats were tt is.

wholehog92

Quote from: gmarv on February 16, 2015, 11:12:19 am
this kind of made me think of the saying (spurrier said it I think) the good news we got a lot of our players back from last year.the bad news those players weren,t very good.thats were tt is.

That's pretty accurate here I think.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Heard that our defense ran ONE play against them last year.... And still whooped 'em like we did. And that was before our D transformed into a juggernaut over the course of the season.

We'll beat them like we did Texas in the bowl game. Only difference is they aren't anywhere close to the level of Texas.

naturalbornpigger

Competitive early.  We will be very vanilla.  Pounding takes it's toll in 2nd half.   Lots of people get playing time.  No reason to show much.  Hogs 35-14.

Tejano Jawg

One TT guy said—
I watched all the hogs games last year. They have glaring weaknesses and we need to exploit them to win. They already know we can't stop the run and probably wont throw a pass unless its third and a mile.

I'm curious what those "glaring weaknesses" are. I'm not saying we're perfect, but I couldn't put my finger on one or two obvious things like this Raider thinks. Not that THEY can take advantage of anyway.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

wholehog92

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 16, 2015, 11:51:18 am
One TT guy said—
I watched all the hogs games last year. They have glaring weaknesses and we need to exploit them to win. They already know we can't stop the run and probably wont throw a pass unless its third and a mile.

I'm curious what those "glaring weaknesses" are. I'm not saying we're perfect, but I couldn't put my finger on one or two obvious things like this Raider thinks. Not that THEY can take advantage of anyway.

1.  We don't have much of a threat vertically passing and not a great deal of edge speed out of the backfield.
2.  A draw is the closest we have to a delayed run with no screen game.

A.  We are vulnerable on deep routes if we are only 1 safety deep.
B.  Some personnel packages expose us to read option runs.

Those are the primary weaknesses I see on our offense and defense.  Our O weakness doesn't even matter in this case.  They could expose us deep if their O line can give them time or they can do some roll outs.  Roll outs limit the effectiveness of exposing our weakness.  You effectively bring it down to the one safety deep and no QB on the college and not many on the pro level is going to go deep across the field so fast our single safety can't recover to them.  They can't hold our DL long enough for deep routes from the pocket.

In short there isn't much TT is going to be able to do.  Some teams might, TT wont.  They are more worried about getting out of the game upright.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 15, 2015, 06:41:16 pm
There was some who thought Tech would give us a loss last year. The koolaid those fans drank last year is the same koolaid Tech fans are drinking now.  We threw the ball once in the 2nd half. With 2 offensive starters leaving, I don't see anything changing but maybe a bigger deficit

Exactly! One teams " bad" play can also be described as the other teams "great" play.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoghevn

TT lost all future hope when they stupidly yet arrogantly go rid of Mike Leach.  He got them very good & respectable and they got to thinking they were great and got rid of him.  I'm not necessarily a Leach fan, but what he did at TT was IMPRESSIVE.

In Fayetteville this year no less, we will CRUSH them.  This is one more game where an SEC team dominates and embarrasses a little 12 team. 
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: wholehog92 on February 16, 2015, 02:53:37 pm
1.  We don't have much of a threat vertically passing and not a great deal of edge speed out of the backfield.
2.  A draw is the closest we have to a delayed run with no screen game.

A.  We are vulnerable on deep routes if we are only 1 safety deep.
B.  Some personnel packages expose us to read option runs.

1. Insert Reed and Jojo. Also Cornelius wasn't even playing then. Jet sweeps with either 3 is your edge speed.
2. Insert Enos's play calling
A. Unless their WR are physically stronger and quicker off the line of scrimmage, there won't be enough time for separation. Our front 4 will handle their OLine. Plus we don't play 20 yards off the recievers anymore.
B. The read option run got Texas no where, OleMiss no where and MState no where.

RD

All you have to do is look at the LBs trying to avoid being touched by Denver Kirkland, Dan Skipper, etc. They were fearing for their lives in the 4th quarter.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 15, 2015, 09:51:17 pm
I think we are a horrible matchup for Texas Tech. They are not designed to stop a run game with a dominating offensive line

We were some bad special teams play away from deconstructing them completely in the first half. Next year ST won't be as giving.

54-14 Arkansas
This is my non-signature signature.

Inhogswetrust

Texas Tech will be a top ten team.............................in their little conference.

secneahog

I told yall last year that their defense had no shot. They lost all their guys and filled them with Juco guys.

We will crush them again. People last year..."oh its hard to win in Lubbock"...."they will shred our d"...

We will pound the rock and then air it out.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lilRockNDubb