Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Ranked #10 in ESPN's FPI

Started by RedyorNot, February 09, 2015, 12:21:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedyorNot

HogShat

We were at 45 last year. where did we finish in the AP? Just out of the top 25? Seems legit!  :razorback:

Simple Swineman

Doesn't translate to wins because all 8 of our conference games are against top 25 teams including 3 in the top 10. We can win 4 games against top 25 caliber teams and end up 4-4 in conference.

Then take a team like Missouri who only has 4 games against top 25 teams. If they beat 4 top 25 teams they end up 8-0 in Atlanta and we will have to endure another year of hearing their ignorant fans and media boast about how they are "dominating" in the SEC.

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: Simple Swineman on February 09, 2015, 01:57:15 pm
Doesn't translate to wins because all 8 of our conference games are against top 25 teams including 3 in the top 10. We can win 4 games against top 25 caliber teams and end up 4-4 in conference.

Then take a team like Missouri who only has 4 games against top 25 teams. If they beat 4 top 25 teams they end up 8-0 in Atlanta and we will have to endure another year of hearing their ignorant fans and media boast about how they are "dominating" in the SEC.

I feel you on this one.....

on a side note....at least we are not South Carolina.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bruisemeister

...and 4th in the SEC West. According to this poll, the Hogs will face 2 of the top 5, 3 of the top 10, 5 of the top 15, 6 of the top 20 and 8 of the top 25. The road games are against 2,3,8 and 14. Brutal schedule. Hard to finish top 10 with that.

hawginbigd1

I think there are only 2 teams legit better than us, and they both reside in the state of AL. Early prediction Auburn QB is player of the year in SEC!

RedyorNot

Quote from: bruisemeister on February 15, 2015, 02:47:27 am
...and 4th in the SEC West. According to this poll, the Hogs will face 2 of the top 5, 3 of the top 10, 5 of the top 15, 6 of the top 20 and 8 of the top 25. The road games are against 2,3,8 and 14. Brutal schedule. Hard to finish top 10 with that.
We'll definitely need some help and some luck.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 15, 2015, 03:37:32 am
I think there are only 2 teams legit better than us, and they both reside in the state of AL. Early prediction Auburn QB is player of the year in SEC!
We will beat auburn this year. We had them last year, but this year we will finish them off.

popcornhog

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 15, 2015, 10:15:31 am
We will beat auburn this year. We had them last year, but this year we will finish them off.

How did we have them last year?
WPS

atekido

I am wondering the same thing lol.  sometimes you just have to ignore homers.

Fan1958

I can tell you how; 3 plays turned that game.  BA failing to easily convert a 3rd down on the first possession.  Yardage was there and he slid and came up short.  May not have ultimately scored but would have been nice to kept possession and run more clock and flip the field.  Punted and Aubie score.

Keon Hatcher 5 yards behind the defender and drops the ball.  Ended up punting.  Aubie didn't score but 7 point swing anyway.

First possession of the 2nd half Demetrius Wilson dropped a 3rd down pass that hit him square in the hands. Yardage was there for the 1st down. Then came the INT returned for a TD and it was over.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Yep, 1958, but those things did happen and usually do when you are very average or below.

But we did get better as the season progressed.  However, I do not agree that we were anywhere close to beating Aubbie last year.  Hell, we didn't even scare Malzahn into pulling his QB's penalty of one half of football early. We were not even close.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: 12247 on February 16, 2015, 10:51:15 am
Yep, 1958, but those things did happen and usually do when you are very average or below.

But we did get better as the season progressed.  However, I do not agree that we were anywhere close to beating Aubbie last year.  Hell, we didn't even scare Malzahn into pulling his QB's penalty of one half of football early. We were not even close.
At the end of the year, we were as good if not better than Auburn. With the retuning players on both sides of the ball, I like our chances of beating them this year.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

GuvHog

Quote from: 12247 on February 16, 2015, 10:51:15 am

Auburn is thanking their lucky stars that they were the first game on the Hogs schedule and didn't have to play them in the last part of the season. Auburn is not the first game this season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

The most lucky were BAMA and TAMU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

murthage

Another take on rankings, based on the Star System.  From the Latest Bleacher Report:

"It doesn't mean much to a guy like Gary Patterson, either. Patterson coached TCU to a No. 3 national ranking, a Peach Bowl rout over Ole Miss and a 12-1 record in 2014.

And how many 5-star players did Patterson have? Zero.

In fact, since 2011, TCU has only had 10 4-star players, per 247Sports. The success stems from coaching and developing the talent Patterson's had in front of him.

The reality of recruiting in college sports is this: Stars and rankings are for fun. If they happen to motivate a player to do well—or do better than he previously was—so be it. Stars and rankings may get a player an extra look or two, but they will not get a player a scholarship."