Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Says Hogs Filled Needs AT WR

Started by Mike Irwin, February 08, 2015, 06:23:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Choctaw Hog

February 23, 2015, 12:42:47 pm #50 Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:45:33 pm by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: bigbadhog on February 23, 2015, 12:33:37 pm
Either way, Hill should have been number one for us.  When you have an in-state prospect that good in an area where we were so weak, it makes that player a must get.  I believe BB did "fill the need" at WR because it is never going to be an important position to him...

And Dyer & Tenpenny were the number one rated RBs in Arkansas their senior year.  We really missed out on them, didn't we? 

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 23, 2015, 12:33:37 pm
Either way, Hill should have been number one for us.  When you have an in-state prospect that good in an area where we were so weak, it makes that player a must get.  I believe BB did "fill the need" at WR because it is never going to be an important position to him...

It's hard to blame CBB for all the shenanigans going on around Hill. I don't believe what you believe.

bigbadhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 23, 2015, 01:07:25 pm
It's hard to blame CBB for all the shenanigans going on around Hill. I don't believe what you believe.

I don't blame BB for everything that went on. Just stating KJH was a must get in my opinion.  We want a fence around the state and we have a glaring need at WR.  If he played a position that is more important to BB than WR, it may have been a very different outcome IMO...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on February 09, 2015, 01:53:35 pm
The only receiver that fit that category was Hunter Henry.  I do recall him being pretty open more than once.  May have been the result of busted coverage or whatever, but I recall one touchdown where he was so open it was almost laughable.  Back to my earlier post, I am really Hog High on our tight ends.  We just may have the best group of tight ends in the country.  Good tight ends will get you in the end zone, just may take a little longer and a few more plays.

Agree. Henry will be our lead option in the passing game next year always seems to get open even with teams trying to double team him.

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 23, 2015, 01:31:08 pm
I don't blame BB for everything that went on. Just stating KJH was a must get in my opinion.  We want a fence around the state and we have a glaring need at WR.  If he played a position that is more important to BB than WR, it may have been a very different outcome IMO...

That's laughable.

dwcherr

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 23, 2015, 11:27:13 am
that's gonna leave a mark
Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on February 23, 2015, 09:02:39 am
....beat me to it. I get so tired of the "offensive genius" legend when the FACT is that, against "top 5" competition, Nutt's schemes worked better.

BP wins v top 5 at UA = 0
HDN wins v top 5 at UA = 4

HDN BCS Bowls (Out of 10 seasons) = 0

BP BCS Bolws (Out of 4 seasons) = 1

HDN 10 win season (Out of 10 seasons) = 1

BP 10 win season (Out of 4 season) = 2

HDN Bowl Wins (Out of 10 seasons) = 2

BP Bowl Wins (Out of 4 seasons) = 2

BP accomplished more here in 4 years than HDN did in 10. The people hanging on to anything that HDN did are insane. He went out of his way to damage the program.

PORKULATOR

KJ was a must avoid. No question. His step dad is playing dirty pool, has and will do anything to deep the rewards. UofA doesn't do this. Not CBBs style.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

bigbadhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 23, 2015, 01:51:09 pm
That's laughable.

Laugh at and believe what you want.  I thought from day one that BB would find a way not to get KJH because he knew our offense would not keep him happy.  I still believe that 100%...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

bootzilla

Just stating KJH was a must get in my opinion.

Must get OR __________?  What is the consequence of not accomplishing this "must get"?

Pork Twain

Quote from: dwcherr on February 23, 2015, 02:05:13 pm
BP accomplished more here in 4 years than HDN did in 10. The people hanging on to anything that HDN did are insane. He went out of his way to damage the program.
Much like those hanging on to things BP did
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

thirrdegreetusker

HDN 10 win season (Out of 10 seasons) = 1

BP 10 win season (Out of 4 season) = 2

HDN Bowl Wins (Out of 10 seasons) = 2

BP Bowl Wins (Out of 4 seasons) = 2

The topic was the ability to scheme ways to get recievers open, and BPs alleged knack for doing so. Another  poster brought up the glaring fact that BP appeared to lose that knack in big games. I concurred.

HDN drove me nuts. Beat a top 5 team one week, lose to Vandy another week. Glad he is gone.

mhuff

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 08, 2015, 08:23:01 pm
the WR's were often open . the qb' couldn't get the ball to them on time. What most of our fans call open , doesn't happen in the SEC. You get narrow windows to throw through . our deep stuff was often open but under thrown giving the DB time to come back and make a play

idochog

The way his step dad interferes. I wouldn't be surprised if KJH is not even on the OSU roster 2 yrs from now
I love Jesus!

thirrdegreetusker

You do understand that BP got his BCS bowl by finishing 3rd in the west, right? HDN finished third, or higher, 7 times.

HotlantaHog

No single player from Arkansas is bigger than the team. No matter how good.

Pork Twain

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on February 23, 2015, 04:47:51 pm
You do understand that BP got his BCS bowl by finishing 3rd in the west, right? HDN finished third, or higher, 7 times.
Understanding and ignoring are different
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: bootzilla on February 23, 2015, 04:01:03 pm
Must get OR __________?  What is the consequence of not accomplishing this "must get"?

Must get or just close down the program.  It's obvious that not getting a particular player will forever doom a program. 

PORKULATOR

Choctaw gets it... +1 for being intelligent
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

MissippHog

CBB is looking for #uncommon young men.  I'm not sure that someone who calls himself KMFJ fits that mold. 

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HotlantaHog on February 23, 2015, 04:49:56 pm
No single player from Arkansas is bigger than the team. No matter how good.
+1 dude

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 23, 2015, 04:22:40 pm
That's actually insane. He accepted his commitment abd recruited him up until he announced. But he really wanted to not get him.

It's ignorance

26.2Hog

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on February 23, 2015, 04:47:51 pm
SEC West was way better when BP was here then when Nutt was here.  If you have any doubts about that just look at how Nutt did in the very same SEC west while coaching at Ole Miss.  I think he set the record for their longest conference losing streak during that period.  Sorry to hijack the thread but to consider those two coaching equals is revisionist history.  Nutt was quite mediocre and did a mediocre job at U of A during a time when the SEC East was substantially better than the West.  Sorry to thread hijack.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 24, 2015, 07:12:19 am
SEC West was way better when BP was here then when Nutt was here.  If you have any doubts about that just look at how Nutt did in the very same SEC west while coaching at Ole Miss.  I think he set the record for their longest conference losing streak during that period.  Sorry to hijack the thread but to consider those two coaching equals is revisionist history.  Nutt was quite mediocre and did a mediocre job at U of A during a time when the SEC East was substantially better than the West.  Sorry to thread hijack.
Sample size...  BP only had two good years.  Now he might have gone on to have 8 more great years or not recruiting on the lines and on defense might have caught up to him in the SEC and he might not have won more than 3-4 conf games a year going forward.  Hard to say for sure.

Pork Twain

CBB has stated very clearly that he does not want the drama and will not put up with it.  When you commit to be a Hog, you commit to the program.  Hill made himself a lower priority by his actions.  Even with that being said, who knows if he was the #1 or #2 WR target this year.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 24, 2015, 07:12:19 am

Correct. Not equals. No way.

On the other hand, one was not "genius', the other "incompetent". The truth is somewhere in between.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

I know nothing about technique and positioning  . . . I do know that as much as we wanted Hill, we didn't get him.  Time to move on.  Just like you would with an injury--next man up.  Meanwhile, JoJo is highly thought of, and Reed, if he gets here, has speed and good hands.  Can either handle jamming and get loose? We'll see. Meanwhile, I re-watched some of the TTU game the other day and counted two overthrown balls to wide open receivers who had achieved yards of separation from the DBs covering them.  As much work as we need at receiver, we need to coach up our QB. He's obviously our best option, but he needs reps and confidence, still.  As far as the team as a whole goes, we have 85 on scholarship and a cadre of good walk-ons.  One person should not affect the team's entire season.

EFBAB

jkstock04

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 24, 2015, 07:41:41 am
CBB has stated very clearly that he does not want the drama and will not put up with it.  When you commit to be a Hog, you commit to the program.  Hill made himself a lower priority by his actions.  Even with that being said, who knows if he was the #1 or #2 WR target this year.
The idea that a juco, who has yet to qualify academically was (for the entire recruiting process mind you) our #1 target seems a stretch to put it nicely.

BTW the Houston Nutt is a better coach than Bobby Petrino idea being pushed here is a nice touch to the thread....seems pretty legit.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pork Twain

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 24, 2015, 10:31:20 am
The idea that a juco, who has yet to qualify academically was (for the entire recruiting process mind you) our #1 target seems a stretch to put it nicely.

BTW the Houston Nutt is a better coach than Bobby Petrino idea being pushed here is a nice touch to the thread....seems pretty legit.
CBB even prefaced it by saying he talked about players that wanted to be Hogs.  Hill did not, so he is not going to talk about him and as far as he is concerned, Reed fills our need and is our #1 target and for all we know he could have been, based off of film and research conducted by the staff, with the worry of qualifying hanging over him.

Bobby was brought up first, for what reason, I do not know.  No reason to continue to bring that trash up in current threads, because at the end of the day, he was no better than HDN.  Fact is that for all of the talk about how great BP was, all he ended up doing was causing more damage than good for our Hogs. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 24, 2015, 10:43:46 am
CBB even prefaced it by saying he talked about players that wanted to be Hogs.  Hill did not, so he is not going to talk about him and as far as he is concerned, Reed fills our need and is our #1 target and for all we know he could have been, based off of film and research conducted by the staff, with the worry of qualifying hanging over him.

Honestly, I would like to think this is true. But, for all the bravado talk of "uncommon" and the re-iterated HDN thinking way of 'I only want kids who wanna be Hogs'...the fact of the matter is we heavily recruited Hill up until the final click of the recruiting clock.

All that doesn't add up to me. Somewhere in the middle of all that is a lot of BS.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pork Twain

February 24, 2015, 11:03:24 am #80 Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:39:08 pm by Pork Twain
Quote from: jkstock04 on February 24, 2015, 10:51:55 am
Honestly, I would like to think this is true. But, for all the bravado talk of "uncommon" and the re-iterated HDN thinking way of 'I only want kids who wanna be Hogs'...the fact of the matter is we heavily recruited Hill up until the final click of the recruiting clock.

All that doesn't add up to me. Somewhere in the middle of all that is a lot of BS.
Isn't that the case with everything?  Ask any teenage boy what he thinks about the girl he is with versus the one that shot him down.  Obviously he got the one he wanted all along...  CBB is not going to waste time talking about guys that turned their backs on us and I do not blame him.

I do like the stance CBB takes with recruits and how he is building this team.  He is not doing it like HDN, but he is looking for young men that want to commit to the Hogs and be a part of something great, not boys that want to get attention and play games.

texas tush hog

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 24, 2015, 10:31:20 am

Nutt Hugger