Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freeze out!

Started by The Hawg Marshal, July 20, 2017, 06:30:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 06:48:58 am
And you're much better?

i didn't say that. Let's just put it this way. There are many reasons the area where you're from has lost a LOT of population and nobody else wants to move there................The nature of your post might be one of those reasons. And for full disclosure I'm from Camden but sure as heck don't think like you do.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: southeasthog on July 22, 2017, 07:01:50 am
We don't always liked to be lumped together. Some of us like NW Arkansas.

Ageee. But you have to admit today it is people like him that might cause some of the negative views of that area.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GolfnHog

Quote from: GuvHog on July 22, 2017, 09:56:18 am
Peyton loves and adores Archie and Archie can be very persuasive. I wouldn't be surprised if Archie asks him to strongly consider it.

Well Archie apparently wasn't persuasive enough as a father to get Peyton to attend OM so what's so compelling now that Peyton would go to OM as a coach?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 22, 2017, 10:20:06 am
Well Archie apparently wasn't persuasive enough as a father to get Peyton to attend OM so what's so compelling now that Peyton would go to OM as a coach?

Yep. I was wondering the same thing.

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 09:20:46 am
Why yes, I'm pro Arkansas Razorback, sorry if that offends you.

I mean I can be a realist too, but the reality is Ole Miss and Arkansas are similar programs in status with one difference being that Ole Miss, despite its true deep south yearning, has never even made an sec title game appearance.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 09:20:46 am
Why yes, I'm pro Arkansas Razorback, sorry if that offends you.

I am too. I am just not the type that if the dictator of North Korea was hired as the head hog, would still be behind them.

There is an obvious difference between realists vs avid homers. And that's ok. I still like you rice and still assume you're a good human. Haha.

AirWarren

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 22, 2017, 07:05:52 am
Midwest? Wow! I'm surprised that I need to provide this reference in geography to anyone on this board, but I am always pleased to help out when I can.

The U.S. Census Bureau identifies 16 states as part of the American South, and these states are divided into three smaller regions. The South Atlantic includes Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Delaware. The East South Central region is composed of Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi and Tennessee. The West South Central region includes Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas.

https://www.reference.com/geography/list-southern-states-d471cfcdbb8f9c5e

Awesome. You can do an Internet search.

Good thing I don't believe the internet.

GuvHog

Archie didn't try to persuade Peyton to attend Ole Miss. During the special that ESPN did on the Mannings, Archie stated that he and his wife wanted the boys to make their own choices about where they would play college ball. He said he would offer advice if the boys asked for it but ultimately, the decision where to attend was the boys.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

theFlyingHog

The Mannings seem pretty smart and I could see Peyton wanting to be his own man and not have his father's name hanging over his head at his Alma Mater.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 10:25:08 am
I am too. I am just not the type that if the dictator of North Korea was hired as the head hog, would still be behind them.

There is an obvious difference between realists vs avid homers. And that's ok. I still like you rice and still assume you're a good human. Haha.

Well, when Kim Jong-un is named the head coach, then we'll have something to discuss.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 10:49:15 am
Well, when Kim Jong-un is named the head coach, then we'll have something to discuss.
Wait a sec, you mean the "Dear Leader" is also a "Dear Coach"? Who knew ??? ::)

HiggiePiggy

I could see Eli Manning one day going to Ole Miss, but I don't see why Peyton would just because daddy went there.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 10:26:42 am
Awesome. You can do an Internet search.

Good thing I don't believe the internet.

It's weird that you are so geographically challenged. However, I have given you your study material for the day so, class is dismissed.
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Quote from: GuvHog on July 22, 2017, 10:33:45 am
Archie didn't try to persuade Peyton to attend Ole Miss. During the special that ESPN did on the Mannings, Archie stated that he and his wife wanted the boys to make their own choices about where they would play college ball. He said he would offer advice if the boys asked for it but ultimately, the decision where to attend was the boys.

I watched the special as well and there is no way on God's green earth that Peyton would ever coach at OM in spite of your suppositions of such.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 22, 2017, 04:46:27 am
Even if there is a God as an imperfect human you don't know that God has already forgiven him simply because Freeze goes around "claiming" to be Christian and you believe him. He just as easily could be a sheep in wolves clothing and you are blinded by his words.

First of all, I am taking him at his word.  He says he is a Christian.  I choose to believe not judge.  It's amazing how quickly non-Christians throw out "Don't judge me" when they are clearly doing something that is unwise but they are the ones who judge the most when others do so!  But, regardless of the condition of his soul, God has already forgiven us all.  Which is why he sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die for us.   

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on July 22, 2017, 11:32:39 am
First of all, I am taking him at his word.  He says he is a Christian.  I choose to believe not judge.  It's amazing how quickly non-Christians throw out "Don't judge me" when they are clearly doing something that is unwise but they are the ones who judge the most when others do so!  But, regardless of the condition of his soul, God has already forgiven us all.  Which is why he sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die for us.   

Take all this religion talk to the trash can Reverend. That's where it all ends up.
This is my non-signature signature.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on July 22, 2017, 01:54:48 am
For those of you who are so quick to judge this man, please, in your infinite wisdom of what constitutes a Christian, share with me where, exactly, it says in Scripture that a Christian is a perfect person?  Because I've attended church my entire life and I've never seen that any where.  In fact, as I recall, Scripture tells us that we ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.  I believe that includes Hugh Freeze.  AND, the really remarkable thing here is that, while his sin has cost him his job, it does not cost him his Salvation and God has already forgiven him. 

Yeah, but when you pray like the Pharisees...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: AP85 on July 21, 2017, 11:16:17 pm
Ole miss is a team that yearns to be like Alabama. They share the same need to be a true deep south power unlike northern teams like Arkansas, Mizzou. Ole miss would love to be a traditional power like a LSU, BAMA, UGA, or Florida. No matter the cost. It has been proven. They may not hire him, but don't think it's not on his mind or the OM leaders to give him a ring. Especially with what BP did at Midwest team like Arkansas.

Are you drunk? You were drunk.

KlubhouseKonnected

ricepig

JHGiunta

But doesn't the scripture say you will know them by their fruit. Says nothing about their word, but rather what they are producing. I too believe he could have forgiveness, for it says God is faithful and just to forgive if we ask.  But this happens only in repentance. Which is the totality of the gospel. Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand! He died and made the way and gives the humble grace and provides His spirit to lead the way. Which means we must ask and then we must  bear fruit worthy of repentance. Matthew 3:8

KlubhouseKonnected

East Clintwood

Would you people please stop posting the religious crap in this thread before you get the whole thread moved to the trash.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

GuvHog

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 22, 2017, 11:29:22 am
I watched the special as well and there is no way on God's green earth that Peyton would ever coach at OM in spite of your suppositions of such.

I didn't say he would. I just said I wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss tried to hire him. Peyton did go to Tennessee and play for the Vols, but the Manning blood runs deep at Ole Miss.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lasthog

Quote from: East Clintwood on July 22, 2017, 12:19:16 pm
Would you people please stop posting the religious crap in this thread before you get the whole thread moved to the trash.

Amen.

98hogs

WORD !

ricepig

Quote from: East Clintwood on July 22, 2017, 12:19:16 pm

Crap?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: GuvHog on July 22, 2017, 12:25:03 pm
Peyton did go to Tennessee and play for the Vols, but the Manning blood runs deep at Ole Miss.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: JHGiunta on July 22, 2017, 12:13:21 pm

But doesn't the scripture say you will know them by their fruit. Says nothing about their word, but rather what they are producing. I too believe he could have forgiveness, for it says God is faithful and just to forgive if we ask.  But this happens only in repentance. Which is the totality of the gospel. Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand! He died and made the way and gives the humble grace and provides His spirit to lead the way. Which means we must ask and then we must  bear fruit worthy of repentance. Matthew 3:8

Why is Christianity brought up, and why do people seem to think that you are required to be a Christian to forgive someone for their imperfections? You aren't. In fact, the Christians I know are the most judgemental, unforgiving people in my social group.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

HiggiePiggy

I just want to get this in here before it's deleted or thrown in the trash.

Man made book fight!!!!! Or adult fairytale book. Whichever fits.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

AirWarren

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 22, 2017, 11:13:12 am
It's weird that you are so geographically challenged. However, I have given you your study material for the day so, class is dismissed.

I dont need a website to tell me where things lie on a map.

hogfanmd

I'm not sure why the insistence on stereotyping any group based on a persons actions.   Coach Freeze doesn't represent all christians anymore then I do.  Does Bobby petrino represent all Razorback coaches or the drunk who falls And pukes in front of your kids on gameday represent all Razorback fans.  For the most part people who read or post regularly are Razorback fans or at least college football fans
I think
I know we won't all agree or all get along but just beating up on each other isn't real productive IMO.   

theFlyingHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 22, 2017, 12:16:51 pm
MF'n Kelly Kapowski
Where am I supposed to go with Kapowski? You killed it

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on July 22, 2017, 01:54:48 am
For those of you who are so quick to judge this man, please, in your infinite wisdom of what constitutes a Christian, share with me where, exactly, it says in Scripture that a Christian is a perfect person?  Because I've attended church my entire life and I've never seen that any where.  In fact, as I recall, Scripture tells us that we ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.  I believe that includes Hugh Freeze.  AND, the really remarkable thing here is that, while his sin has cost him his job, it does not cost him his Salvation and God has already forgiven him.
give it a rest. love your permanent lil get-out-of-hell-free-cards, eh? what a crock.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hogfanmd

I'm sure that this is a reminder to Jeff Long that the headache of dealing with a 7-6 season pales in comparison to the problems scandals bring. Not that 7-6 is acceptable but it could be worse.

Sivad

Quote from: GuvHog on July 22, 2017, 09:56:18 am
Archie can be very persuasive.
"Let me have that number. Let me have that number."

Großer Kriegschwein

Hilarious.

Freeze is a fraud.
This is my non-signature signature.

sowmonella

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 01:05:06 pm
I dont need a website to tell me where things lie on a map.

I know a website that don't need you.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hawgwash

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 22, 2017, 01:40:36 pm
Man, this is perfect. The epitome of hypocrisy. http://hottytoddy.com/2013/12/19/coach-hugh-freeze-what-matters-most/amp/
I read about all of that I could stomach. When I read about how OM called him while he was at Arkansas State to offer him the head coach job I suddenly recalled that he had texted the AD at OM to tell them how much he loves OM and was interested in being the coach. Somehow that text was leaked and made public. It was somewhat embarrassing since he was still the coach at ASU at the time.  He initiated the contact, not the other way around.  Ironic his phone records are once again the source of embarrassment.

hawkhawg

kp72204

Quote from: hogfanmd on July 22, 2017, 02:07:31 pm
I'm sure that this is a reminder to Jeff Long that the headache of dealing with a 7-6 season pales in comparison to the problems scandals bring. Not that 7-6 is acceptable but it could be worse.
Preach preach. Now if they could just get Saban on something!!!!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hawkhawg on July 22, 2017, 04:07:25 pm
Amen
How many votes does it take to kick someone off this place? Lol

TNhawgfan

Wish a mod would go through and delete every theological debate post in here
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Inhogswetrust

July 22, 2017, 05:55:40 pm #494 Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:26:22 am by Inhogswetrust

Woo there. I was born into a strict Baptist upbringing and was a "christian" until I got old enough to think critically on my own, do research without interference and decided there was no basis for it. That is me. You and others can believe and I have no problem with that. However even when I was "christian" I never took anyone at their word. Having grown up a "christian" I saw MUCH more judgementalism from Christians than I've ever seen from non religious people. 

Hog N Bama

Quote from: AP85 on July 21, 2017, 11:16:17 pm
Ole miss is a team that yearns to be like Alabama. They share the same need to be a true deep south power unlike northern teams like Arkansas, Mizzou. Ole miss would love to be a traditional power like a LSU, BAMA, UGA, or Florida. No matter the cost. It has been proven. They may not hire him, but don't think it's not on his mind or the OM leaders to give him a ring. Especially with what BP did at Midwest team like Arkansas.
OM finally ran out of Mannings

AirWarren

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 22, 2017, 05:37:55 pm

Why? People have freedom to speak of their beliefs just as non Christians have their belief to dislike it.

It's called tolerance. And it's a two way street.

AirWarren

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 22, 2017, 05:55:40 pm
Woo there. I was born into a strict Baptist upbringing and was a "christian" until I got old enough to think critically on my own, do research without interference and decided there was no basis for it. That is me. You and others can believe and I have no problem with that. However even when I was "christian" I never took anyone at their word. Having grown up a "christian" I saw MUCH more judgementalism from Christians than I've ever seen from no n religious people.

Ok. Just as you have the right to disagree so do people that practice religion.

It doesn't makes you smarter because you're a free thinker no more than it makes a Christian smarter because they believe.

It's a public forum. And no one is being judgemental here. I know how to tolerate others without being disrespectful and there is nothing wrong with open discussion regarding this matter.

AirWarren

Quote from: sowmonella on July 22, 2017, 03:49:01 pm
I know a website that don't need you.

Which is what? Because I have an opinion the website should banish me? What a tolerant world you must live in.

Steef

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 22, 2017, 05:37:55 pm

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 06:30:06 pm
Why? People have freedom to speak of their beliefs just as non Christians have their belief to dislike it.

It's called tolerance. And it's a two way street.

Not to mention...

1. There are other derailments in this thread besides Christianity. Including posters making personal attacks at each other.

2. There's 10 pages that would have to "cleaned".

3. Very liitle of that is discussing the actual topic. Which, to be fair, not much is known. So theres not a lot to actually discuss.

4. It might be more fun to just have a new thread titled "HaHaHa Ole Miss! Karma is a Female Dog!"

(I spelled out female dog....no need in triggering the filters)

If the personal attacks continue, I'll just lock this thing.