Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Price to the Red Sox

Started by OnTheHillHogFan, December 01, 2015, 04:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

7 years 217 Million with a opt out option after 3 years.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

GolfNut57

$31M per year? Speaking as a Red Sox fan it isn't my money but that is just plain ridiculous. NO player is worth that kind of money. Especially one that only plays once every five games. That sucker better be damn good his first year in Boston because he will be looking at the biggest pressure cooker he has ever seen from a fan base if he stinks.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

popcornhog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 01, 2015, 06:04:01 pm
$31M per year? Speaking as a Red Sox fan it isn't my money but that is just plain ridiculous. NO player is worth that kind of money. Especially one that only plays once every five games. That sucker better be damn good his first year in Boston because he will be looking at the biggest pressure cooker he has ever seen from a fan base if he stinks.

Agreed. Too much money. That's not a knock on Price, either.
WPS

OnTheHillHogFan

Biggest contract ever for a pitcher and only 2nd to Miggy's in salary per year.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Dr. Starcs

And for someone who's never won a playoff game right?

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 01, 2015, 09:42:38 pm
And for someone who's never won a playoff game right?

As a starter yes. But he has won a couple games in the postseason coming out of the bullpen.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.