Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema at combine w Patriots

Started by twistitup, March 04, 2018, 06:24:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinHawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 04, 2018, 08:25:09 am
Belichick has said that he likes Bielema. Maybe this is his next opportunity. Hope he gets it and learns some stuff then gets back in the game. I'm glad he's gone, but I hope he lands in his feet again.

I heard that Weebles Wobble but they don't fall down, js....
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Mike Irwin

Quote from: welchog on March 05, 2018, 07:45:43 am
I was in my 30s when he got canned.  I remember it well and as I said above, I was in the crowd that wanted him gone.  I realized about ten or so years ago how wrong I and everyone else was.  Not because of the abyss we fell in, but how truly ignorant we were.  He put up with a lot and it finally exploded.  JFB did not want to deal with it or was kept from doing so and the rest is history.

ES tried to use us as a stepping stone.  NR still lives in Fayetteville and loves the Hogs.  No comparison.
A brief assessment but accurate.

Gonzo

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 04, 2018, 10:59:33 pm

And everything that can possibly be said about the previous coach, lies and all, have already been said.  He's gone.  Who cares?  Let's all move on. . .together.

I figure you mean well, and I agree it would be nice to just focus on the future, but hopefully you don't honestly think that will happen do you?   This is Hogville, he's now an ex-coach and we are merely inches into the "discussion" of his legacy with many, many miles to go.

Go Hogs!

welchog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 06, 2018, 03:44:36 pm
Thanks Mr. Irwin.  I appreciate that.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 06, 2018, 05:07:15 pm
what was his 40?

His preference is Old English in a brown sack w/ that 3 day grown out beard

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkSoda

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

wachhog

Shoulda kept Nolan. Shoulda kept Petrine. Woulda. Coulda

hoglady

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/e0b4925c-ab29-319c-bb8b-6f052e3aa5ee/ss_bill-belichick-attends.html

Belichick attends Alabama pro-day with SEC expert Bielema.

Probably the one and only time you'll see Bielema referred to as an SEC expert.

Looks to me like Bielema has found a landing spot.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 04, 2018, 09:13:38 am
lol boy those comments are brutal.

I'll say this, if Bielema ends up coaching on the Patriots staff I'll have egg on my face cause I said these rumors were BS.
"If there's a need to scout Golden Corrals or Chinese food or Pizza buffets, then Bret's (sic) the man to do it."  ;D
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jkstock04

Quote from: hoglady on March 08, 2018, 07:12:54 am
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/e0b4925c-ab29-319c-bb8b-6f052e3aa5ee/ss_bill-belichick-attends.html

Belichick attends Alabama pro-day with SEC expert Bielema.

Probably the one and only time you'll see Bielema referred to as an SEC expert.

Looks to me like Bielema has found a landing spot.
Lol look at the headline..."Bert Bielema." Wonder if that was a typo or on purpose Hogville style? They also spelled Arkansas wrong.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 08, 2018, 08:32:55 am
Lol look at the headline..."Bert Bielema." Wonder if that was a typo or on purpose Hogville style? They also spelled Arkansas wrong.
OMG, that is rich. It's official now!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Sed76

Hopefully he will bring 5 years of suck to the Patriots like he did here. Unlikely but a guy can hope.

hogsanity

Quote from: Gonzo on March 06, 2018, 04:50:47 pm
I figure you mean well, and I agree it would be nice to just focus on the future, but hopefully you don't honestly think that will happen do you?   This is Hogville, he's now an ex-coach and we are merely inches into the "discussion" of his legacy with many, many miles to go.

Go Hogs!

In other words, when there is nothing to really talk about, or people just want attention, they will start a Bret thread like they still do with BP and HDN.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

nwahogfan1

Boy I would love it if he can get on some one's staff and save us a butt load of money.

If some one signs him will they have to pay something close to the going rate for his experience and knowledge or could they play him $1 because we are paying him right now?

hoglady

I didn't even notice that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

twistitup

lol...can't make that shiite up

Bielema is so pissed he has to kill a bottle of Titos for lunch

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 08, 2018, 08:36:18 am
OMG, that is rich. It's official now!!
whats even more funny is that the bert filter is now apparently turned off on this site as well.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 08, 2018, 12:43:38 pm
whats even more funny is that the bert filter is now apparently turned off on this site as well.

Eventually if Morris starts losing games there's gonna be a Choad Morris filter.

rlamb

Are you all  not crazy, the ones that are positive towards this POS? He robbed the
Hogs worse than any Coach or Administrator in our long history! He's a blowhard,
fat, feeble minded (did anyone ever see a dumber looking mental defective) than
when the cameras would pan in on him on the sidelines? He looked as if he didn't
know he was coaching the Razorbacks or Portland State?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 06, 2018, 03:44:36 pm

All except ES wanting to use us as a stepping stone. That's what happened but it was not his intention. He loves two teams, OSU and the Hogs.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RagingHawgOn

I wish some of our Hogville experts would ask Morris if CBB did anything worthwhile here.

Hate him if you want, but the guy left us with a solid foundation.  We have a ton of talent on this roster and, like it or not, we have a lot of high-character young men.

I'm ready to see what Morris can do!

WPS

welchog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 09, 2018, 07:33:17 am
All except ES wanting to use us as a stepping stone. That's what happened but it was not his intention. He loves two teams, OSU and the Hogs.

One thing about Hog HCs.  They very rarely left for greener pastures.  ES was one of those few.  Yes, he might not have taken the job back in the early 70s thinking of moving up later, but when the opportunity arose, he pounced.  I don't think there was even a consideration of staying given his "Crawling" statement.  It was what he thought was his "destination job." And it might have been if the bottle didn't get in the way.

That being said, NR is the ONLY viable candidate for the honor of having the BWA floor named after him.  Lawsuit notwithstanding, his passion for our program is unmatched.

Long long overdue.

twistitup

welchog

Quote from: twistitup on March 09, 2018, 11:33:04 am
?

If we only have a ton, we are in deep crap.  That only equates to ten 200 lbs players.  Need a few more.

twistitup

Quote from: welchog on March 09, 2018, 11:55:24 am
If we only have a ton, we are in deep crap.  That only equates to ten 200 lbs players.  Need a few more.

We have talent, no doubt, but it's undeveloped talent. CCM has a lot of catching up to do in the DEVELOPMENT department. Good athletes don't land on campus ready to go, for the most part, they need to be developed.

Many of our recruits had measurable that did not improve under the former regime, they became slower, fatter, etc...that won't happen under CCM

007 License To Squeal

I don't think I would have put "Bert" and "SEC Expert" in the same sentence..........LOL!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Mike Irwin

Sutton had a serious drinking problem his last two years and his behavior had gotten odd to say the least. Like the time he got mad during a road game and left the bench to sit in the stands with his wife. Or the day he said on his coaches show, "Any AD that doesn't support his head coach is committing professional suicide." I still remember the look on Paul Eeells face when Sutton said that.

Frank correctly told him he needed to go to rehab. Sutton refused and was in the process of negotiating a buyout when Kentucky's AD, who was unaware of Eddie's problem with alcohol, offered him their job. His, " I would have crawled to Kentucky" comment still chaps some older Hogs fans who remember it.

welchog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 09, 2018, 05:03:11 pm
Sutton had a serious drinking problem his last two years and his behavior had gotten odd to say the least. Like the time he got mad during a road game and left the bench to sit in the stands with his wife. Or the day he said on his coaches show, "Any AD that doesn't support his head coach is committing professional suicide." I still remember the look on Paul Eeells face when Sutton said that.

Frank correctly told him he needed to go to rehab. Sutton refused and was in the process of negotiating a buyout when Kentucky's AD, who was unaware of Eddie's problem with alcohol, offered him their job. His, " I would have crawled to Kentucky" comment still chaps some older Hogs fans who remember it.

I was a SR in HS and that comment really burned.

Glad he got his life together.

Sounds like JFB tried to help him.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: welchog on March 09, 2018, 11:13:22 am
One thing about Hog HCs.  They very rarely left for greener pastures.  ES was one of those few.  Yes, he might not have taken the job back in the early 70s thinking of moving up later, but when the opportunity arose, he pounced.  I don't think there was even a consideration of staying given his "Crawling" statement.  It was what he thought was his "destination job." And it might have been if the bottle didn't get in the way.

That being said, NR is the ONLY viable candidate for the honor of having the BWA floor named after him.  Lawsuit notwithstanding, his passion for our program is unmatched.

Long long overdue.

Eddie left for one of the blue blood top 5 programs of all time. 90% of coaches would have unless they were at another historical top 5 program. The crawling statement he has apologized for. I personally heard him say nothing but good th8gns years after the fact about the UA. He actually regretted leaving and wishes he would have stayed and confronted his demons.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Agree with all that. I know Eddie and half of his players from his years here and am close friends with several of them. His alcohol demons is why he left. Frank really did try to help him but as a lot of people with a problem like that he didn't want to listen. Later he realized what mistakes he made and wishes he would have listened to Frank and gotten help.

hoglady

All I know about Sutton is he took a chance coming here and built this program from nothing.
I don't care about the Kentucky comment.
He was committed to the Hogs while he was here, he was the perfect coach for us at that time.
I am thankful he was here as long as he was.

fieldturf

All except ES wanting to use us as a stepping stone. That’s what happened but it was not his intention. He loves two teams, OSU and the Hogs.

Yea and Nolan sued us and referred to Frank as the white hared devil......ES got his court at OSU, but leave ours alone. No to Nolan!!!!

fieldturf

Yea well it chaps some of old timers when Nolan sued the school and said JFB was the white hared devil....If they try to name the court after him I hope they roll the tanks down Razorback Rd.

systemroot

Quote from: welchog on March 09, 2018, 11:13:22 am

Long long overdue.

If only more people had enough respect for NR.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 04, 2018, 08:25:09 am
Belichick has said that he likes Bielema. Maybe this is his next opportunity. Hope he gets it and learns some stuff then gets back in the game. I'm glad he's gone, but I hope he lands in his feet again.

drinking was his problem.
The rest of the frog.

GoHogs1091

I am surprised that Belichick would want to have mediocrity near the Patriots.

Normally, someone who is system-focused and who has tunnel vision to the goal of success does not want failure cluttering up and hindering the environment of success.

Oliver

I wish Bielema would have got on the job training in cheating BEFORE he was our coach

Hogcore

His house isn't on the market yet ...

twistitup

Quote from: Hogcore on March 11, 2018, 11:10:03 pm
His house isn't on the market yet ...

Does he still get to go home or is he staying w Tito at his apt on Dickson?

99toLife

hogcards

Quote from: welchog on March 05, 2018, 07:45:43 am
I was in my 30s when he got canned.  I remember it well and as I said above, I was in the crowd that wanted him gone.  I realized about ten or so years ago how wrong I and everyone else was.  Not because of the abyss we fell in, but how truly ignorant we were.  He put up with a lot and it finally exploded.  JFB did not want to deal with it or was kept from doing so and the rest is history.

ES tried to use us as a stepping stone.  NR still lives in Fayetteville and loves the Hogs.  No comparison.

One was an open un apologetic racist.  The other was a booze hound.

Pick your poison.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

AirWarren

Quote from: hogcards on March 12, 2018, 01:49:25 pm

Pick your poison.

"Who cares as long as you're winning."

-Petrino apologist

hogcards

Quote from: AP85 on March 12, 2018, 02:07:41 pm
"Who cares as long as you're winning."

-Petrino apologist

+1000

I'm on board!
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

greenEGnHAWGS

So, I'm just going to say it, but Belichick is one of the best coaches in NFL history. He's notorious for finding talent. Does everyone just think that he made some huge mistake by talking to BB? I highly doubt Bill suddenly became incompetent in his decision making.

Maybe...just maybe...there's a highly bitter group here who will just moan no matter what about a coach weve already fired.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

AirWarren

Quote from: hogcards on March 12, 2018, 02:13:15 pm
+1000

I'm on board!

I'm was being sarcastic.

Ole miss football. Baylor football.  Louisville basketball say hello.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcards on March 12, 2018, 01:49:25 pm

Pick your poison.

You're an unapologetic racist, but Nolan was not.

hogcards

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 12, 2018, 03:09:32 pm
You're an unapologetic racist, but Nolan was not.

+1000

Of course.   ;)

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogcards

Quote from: AP85 on March 12, 2018, 02:59:56 pm
I'm was being sarcastic.

Ole miss football. Baylor football.  Louisville basketball say hello.

I wasn't.

I'd take Richardson, Petrino and Sutton over pretty much every coach we've had in years.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

LZH