Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium Wide Alcohol Sales - Approved...

Started by twistitup, January 17, 2018, 07:40:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

steveaustin69

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 19, 2018, 10:38:13 am
You think they will sell alcohol stadium wide if they lose money doing it?  by virtue of the liability insurance that Guv mentioned?  by the way, I don't believe they would ever lose money doing it.

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 20, 2018, 03:44:30 pm
Do you think they will lose money by doing alcohol sales stadium wide? IF it is so unprofitable then why is it so prevalent in EVERY stadium and arena for ALL major sports? If so it is shocking they would sell it.

Do you know how to read?

gustofwind

Quote from: GuvHog on January 19, 2018, 11:38:50 am
Since the U of A Athletic Department gets no tax money and the U of A, while getting tax money, is not part of the state government, your grounds for dismissal would not apply.

If what you say is true then why are the head FB and BB coaches always listed as the highest paid state employees?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 20, 2018, 03:44:30 pm
Do you think they will lose money by doing alcohol sales stadium wide? IF it is so unprofitable then why is it so prevalent in EVERY stadium and arena for ALL major sports? If so it is shocking they would sell it.
Keep up.  Guv stated that the cost of liability insurance would "skyrocket", which may be the case.  But the only reason that would ultimately matter is if the increased cost of insurance exceeded the incremental revenue generated by alcohol sales.  i.e. cause the department to lose money.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 22, 2018, 09:28:58 am
Keep up.  Guv stated that the cost of liability insurance would "skyrocket", which may be the case.  But the only reason that would ultimately matter is if the increased cost of insurance exceeded the incremental revenue generated by alcohol sales.  i.e. cause the department to lose money.

You keep up. Cost of insurance for serving alcohol is not an issue. IF it were then it wouldn't be served anywhere at any sporting event. I've held alcohol permits for event and banquet facilities and insurance is not a big deal. There is a cost but it is not a skyrocket type issue. Also don't forget they already DO serve in some parts of the stadium.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 22, 2018, 12:07:50 pm
You keep up. Cost of insurance for serving alcohol is not an issue. IF it were then it wouldn't be served anywhere at any sporting event. I've held alcohol permits for event and banquet facilities and insurance is not a big deal. There is a cost but it is not a skyrocket type issue. Also don't forget they already DO serve in some parts of the stadium.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 19, 2018, 10:38:13 am
You think they will sell alcohol stadium wide if they lose money doing it?  by virtue of the liability insurance that Guv mentioned?  by the way, I don't believe they would ever lose money doing it.

He agrees with you.

Grizzlyfan

Do you still not understand that I was replying to Guv's statements about the cost of insurance?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 22, 2018, 02:51:38 pm
Do you still not understand that I was replying to Guv's statements about the cost of insurance?

I guess I didn't. My bad. Carry on.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ricepig on January 19, 2018, 03:59:06 pm
Especially once you bill him for your time.

Ha, it's been a crazy week but how weird is it that we had this discussion friday and on Monday the Supreme Court issued a ruling basically reasserting complete sovereign immunity to the state and denying that the legislature has any authority to abrogate that?

The case for booze in the stadium has never been stronger lol.

I expect the legislature to freak out accordingly and pull all strings to get this walked back one way or another. (Meaning "by hook or by crook" not that I think there should not be processes like the Arkansas Administrative procedure Act etc., but that our legislators are exceptionally undereducated, greedy and shortsighted so I expect their reaction to this will be fast and dirty, as is their reaction to any suggestion that they as legislators do not have absolute power to dictate th operations of the state.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.