Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's Last Highlight—occurred November 19, 2016

Started by Tejano Jawg, November 01, 2017, 05:31:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Unless a miracle happens (either at LSU or in Fayetteville vs Mississippi State), this will be Bielema's last significant win at Arkansas—last year's Mississippi State game.

Here's some of what happened—Rawleigh Williams III ran for 205 yards on 16 carries, with touchdown runs of 72 yds, 42 yds, 7 yds and 33 yds. He even threw a TD pass. (I'll ask a stupid question...SO DID WE MISS RWIII this year?) Austin threw for 300+ yards and 2 TDs.

The only way you win games without eye-popping offensive numbers like those of RWIII and AA—is by playing incredible defense. And that hasn't been a possibility this year. Nor have any offensive stats.

We beat the Dawgs by a basketball score of 58-42. At least CBB went out on an entertaining note.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

daBoar

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 01, 2017, 05:31:07 pm
Unless a miracle happens (either at LSU or in Fayetteville vs Mississippi State), this will be Bielema's last significant win at Arkansas—last year's Mississippi State game.

Here's some of what happened—Rawleigh Williams III ran for 205 yards on 16 carries, with touchdown runs of 72 yds, 42 yds, 7 yds and 33 yds. He even threw a TD pass. (I'll ask a stupid question...SO DID WE MISS RWIII this year?) Austin threw for 300+ yards and 2 TDs.

The only way you win games without eye-popping offensive numbers like those of RWIII and AA—is by playing incredible defense. And that hasn't been a possibility this year. Nor have any offensive stats.

We beat the Dawgs by a basketball score of 58-42. At least CBB went out on an entertaining note.

Just overcame a 24 point deficit.  That's huge; any year, any opponent. And, on the road against an SEC foe.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: daBoar on November 01, 2017, 05:58:00 pm
Just overcame a 24 point deficit.  That's huge; any year, any opponent. And, on the road against an SEC foe.
UCLA did it to the gAggies. Did UCLA have a good year?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

regi

Ms State win was not a big win,  they were a 5-7 team last year,  that Lost at home to South Alabama. They also scored 44 points and had almost 600 yards total offense in that game,  amplifieing even more,  that this team is bad to average,  in all phases.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

daBoar

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 01, 2017, 06:48:51 pm
UCLA did it to the gAggies. Did UCLA have a good year?
I don't think the Bruins played the Aggies on the road. 

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Tejano Jawg

Point made, without question it was an amazing comeback for us. However, all I'm saying is consider the opponent—Ole Miss was already in a state of purgatory because of their coaching staff, then the loss of their QB. Maybe I'm dismissing them too early, they could end up with a better record than us.

Quote from: regi on November 01, 2017, 07:23:56 pm
Ms State win was not a big win,  they were a 5-7 team last year,  that Lost at home to South Alabama.

What's with the latest trend in putting down wins?...it's not like we have too many of them! I just said it was significant, not that Miss State was top 5 material. (I acknowledge their loss to S Alabama, but they did beat Texas A&M last year...remember what the Aggies did to us?) They were 5-7 partly due to us and our win over them...had we lost, we both would have had the same record.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

IronHog

Hogs returned 4/5 starters off that OL.

3 started the season opener with only 2 playing the same positions.......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

rzrbaxfan

I think his last highlight was beating Florida.  We just got drubbed by Auburn and we decisively beat a ranked Florida team after a horrible history of losing to Florida.  Yeah, Florida was not the same Florida that was coached by Spurrier or Meyer....but it was still a convincing win against a good team.

The MSU win was one where the cracks in the foundation started to widen.  Sure, we won....but our defense looked terrible and we could have easily lost that game.  We would then go on to lose to every P5 team we played until the OM win last weekend.

Redhogs

What a bunch of tripe..OM has a starting OB with a broken leg, no head coach, and facing NCAA sanctions.  They never should have been down 24 to start with..did you even watch the game? It was nothing to be proud of on either side.  How far we have fallen, when this is considered a highlight.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Razor1997

Quote from: Redhogs on November 02, 2017, 08:21:17 am
What a bunch of tripe..OM has a starting OB with a broken leg, no head coach, and facing NCAA sanctions.  They never should have been down 24 to start with..did you even watch the game? It was nothing to be proud of on either side.  How far we have fallen, when this is considered a highlight.

True, but coming back against ANYONE is something Bert had never done here before.  He had only been on the receiving side of incredible comebacks. (Mizzou, VT, A&M every year, etc.)

Mo_Better_Hogs

There's a huge difference between the Mississippi State team last year and the Ole Miss team this year. Ole Miss is in the cellar because they should be, for a variety of reasons mentioned in this thread. MSU was no great team, but they finished 6-7 with a bowl win. Their conference record was the same as ours.

I'd distinguish is this way--MSU was our last "legit" win, which was your point I think. Florida was our last "good" win.

hogginbama

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 01, 2017, 11:27:28 pm
Point made, without question it was an amazing comeback for us. However, all I'm saying is consider the opponent—Ole Miss was already in a state of purgatory because of their coaching staff, then the loss of their QB. Maybe I'm dismissing them too early, they could end up with a better record than us.

What's with the latest trend in putting down wins?...it's not like we have too many of them! I just said it was significant, not that Miss State was top 5 material. (I acknowledge their loss to S Alabama, but they did beat Texas A&M last year...remember what the Aggies did to us?) They were 5-7 partly due to us and our win over them...had we lost, we both would have had the same record.

And our guys are in a state of purgatory as well....missing top RB due to medical retirement, missing starting QB, missing couple of DBs, missing top returning WR, fans have turned on coaching staff calling for his firing everyday and refuse to give credit to players for good efforts.

Why are the troubles at Ole Miss being used to down play the efforts of our players when they have the same issues as well, just less talented players and backups. Remember, Ole Miss is in that spot due to their recent all-world recruiting classes of top 4-5 stars.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Tejano Jawg

Commemorative thread bump!

One year ago... Arkansas 58 – Mississippi State 42

Mo_Better_Hogs

This "happy anniversary" thread has even more meaning today.

Last year's Mississippi State game was the last relevant win for Bielema AND Long in their time at Arkansas.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on November 15, 2017, 10:27:00 am
This "happy anniversary" thread has even more meaning today.

Last year's Mississippi State game was the last relevant win for Bielema AND Long in their time at Arkansas.

Yes, this is true.    Something happened about mid-season last year and our program has been locked in a downward spiral ever since.   We could speculate.  Maybe Bert just never got over being schooled last year with the epic beat down at Auburn by Gus.   Who knows, and at this point who cares?     Things are about to change.