Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is Jeff Long?

Started by oldhog63, October 22, 2017, 12:09:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhog63

Normally he introduces various donors, military, special guests, etc during the commercials and half time. I have not seen him for at least the last two games. Letting associate AD do this now. Does anyone know what changed or where he is?

phadedhawg

he's down in the endzone construction area, wearing a sniper moss suit.  If you watch closely, sometimes you'll catch some movement in the shadows....that's Jeff

Ironhawg

Quote from: oldhog63 on October 22, 2017, 12:09:26 am
Normally he introduces various donors, military, special guests, etc during the commercials and half time. I have not seen him for at least the last two games. Letting associate AD do this now. Does anyone know what changed or where he is?

He is as far away from Bielema as he can get.

East Clintwood

I don't know where he is but wherever he is, I'm sure he's playing his fiddle.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

phadedhawg

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 22, 2017, 12:14:10 am
I don't know where he is but wherever he is, I'm sure he's playing his fiddle.

He's a yankee, I'm sure he'd play a violin. 

InHOGuration Ball

Planning next week's Integrity Matters march...

Torqued pork

He's lovingly babysitting Bret and Jen's baby girl. He really is wonderful and supportive.

EastArkHog 47

Well I hope they catch him and Jen on a motorcycle!!!

jkstock04

I would imagine this guy was in bed sound asleep by 10pm tonight dreaming sweet dreams of northeastern sophistication, Wall Street journal articles, and Hillary Clinton comebacks in 2020.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

cal34

Working feverishly to distribute the official narrative to the fluffers.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 22, 2017, 12:10:50 am
he's down in the endzone construction area, wearing a sniper moss suit.  If you watch closely, sometimes you'll catch some movement in the shadows....that's Jeff
That just made my night!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hoglady

October 22, 2017, 12:45:31 am #11 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:57:55 am by hoglady
Probably is laying low, so he doesn't get stuck having to answer any questions about the state of the program and Bret Bielema's future.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

moses_007

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 12:45:31 am
Probably in laying low, so he doesn't get stuck having to answer any questions about the state of the program and Bret Bielema's future.
He's been seen hiding in a nearby cave in the Ozarks......

Iwastherein1969

he's eating the halftime left over's of the players....he'll be up all night with his gallon jug of milk and....   
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ur

Dwight_K_Shrute

He is wise keeping a low profile. His Twitter activity has been kept to a minimum as well. This is another signal that change will happen.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Hopefully....he's been on the phone checking to see if there are any AD job openings. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 22, 2017, 01:05:04 am
Hopefully....he's been on the phone checking to see if there are any AD job openings. 

Unfortunately for us, I don't think he's going to find any takers right now.

He's presiding over a dumpster fire and he's just letting the fire rage, he's doing nothing to quell it.

I don't think any other school would touch him right now for fear of him bringing some of the stink from the fire with him.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Jimbob111

I sent him a tweet tonight. I've had a twitter account for a couple of years I guess, just never used it. I log in with my email address but the twitter name is tom something so I'm not even sure it's my account but my first tweet was tonight, the picture floating around of the stadium, over half empty, at the start of the fourth. I think maybe people tweeting him and Bret and anyone else OTHER THAN PLAYERS might get someone's attention.

Guys, somebody has to lose their job over this. In any field, or profession, or workplace, a failure of this magnitude at least gets the new guy fired.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

devildoghawg

I hope his Yankie a** is out on the recruiting trail trying to find us a new coach.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

ICEman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 22, 2017, 12:48:31 am
he's eating the halftime left over's of the players....he'll be up all night with his gallon jug of milk and....   
Towards the end of the game, the SECNet announcers took a subtle eye wink jab at Bielema's use of PB&Js to feed his players during halftime.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

moses_007

Ah, now we know why his players support him 100 percent.  What other coach would give them peanut butter and jelly sammich's at halftime?

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 22, 2017, 12:54:30 am
He is wise keeping a low profile. His Twitter activity has been kept to a minimum as well. This is another signal that change will happen.

This is what I was thinking.  At my former position, if I felt I needed to fire someone (this happened less than 5 times), I kept my distance for a week or more so that I could be objective.  I had an open door policy and grew close to my employees, so if I continued to speak with them each day, it would have made the dismissal more difficult for both of us.

I truly believe that if they miss a bowl game, and it seems they will, that Bret will be removed. 

Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Broadway Rob

October 22, 2017, 06:32:13 am #23 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:35:08 am by Broadway Rob
Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 12:45:31 am
Probably is laying low, so he doesn't get stuck having to answer any questions about the state of the program and Bret Bielema's future.

I agree.  I mean, what could he say?  There's nothing he could say that wouldn't draw an epic eye roll from the fanbase.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

parallaxpig

Looking at carpet samples for his $160 mil office...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

theFlyingHog

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 22, 2017, 04:19:56 am
I hope his Yankie a** is out on the recruiting trail trying to find us a new coach.
TF is a Yankie? Is that what you do when your sister won't let you touch her?

revolution

The really important question: Where's DuVall Walley?

parallaxpig

Quote from: revolution on October 22, 2017, 06:36:48 am
The really important question: Where's DuVall Walley?

No the real question is Who is Robert Shields?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Pork Twain

Same place almost every AD across the country is, where he belongs, in the shadows.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The OTR

He's home...in front of the computer. Working on delta's dossier.

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 22, 2017, 06:56:51 am
He's home...in front of the computer. Working on delta's dossier.

Delta's what???

Kneph13

He's probably trying to figure out how to make more money so we can continue to aspire to be Vanderbilt
There is no Political Correctness in war

The OTR

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 22, 2017, 07:29:12 am
You haven't been paying attention as usual.

So, you're talking about the Delta Force, not "Delta"?

oldhog63

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 22, 2017, 06:42:20 am
Same place almost every AD across the country is, where he belongs, in the shadows.
Speaks volumes about him. He has always been front and center. Now that the caca is hitting the fan he has disappeared. Man is not a leader.

LRHawg

elksnort

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 22, 2017, 12:23:34 am
I would imagine this guy was in bed sound asleep by 10pm tonight dreaming sweet dreams of northeastern sophistication, Wall Street journal articles, and Hillary Clinton comebacks in 2020.
My goodness, he's not actually a Yankee (by definition). He's from Ohio. Yankees are from New England. Ohio is not northeastern.

HardCore

Hopefully, he was in Pullman last night watching his new football team beat Colorado
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hawgon

On the 3rd and Long segment that he does with the game coverage every week, he talked about how the back half of the season set up much easier than the first half and how we were poised to go on a run and have a "successful" season.

I know he has to be positive in those things, but it is clear that he doesn't get Arkansas tradition or history.  Just five years ago we were back to the spot where we had been through most of the 60s, 70s, and 80s and to where we had dreamed about returning to ever since.  We were highly ranked and wondering and hoping we could break through to the very top.  Now, we got the guys in charge who want to define a season as "successful" if we back into some half assed bowl game in Shreveport or Memphis.

jrulz83

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2017, 09:10:13 am
My goodness, he's not actually a Yankee (by definition). He's from Ohio. Yankees are from New England. Ohio is not northeastern.

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Hoggish1

Pork Twain

Quote from: oldhog63 on October 22, 2017, 08:34:30 am
Speaks volumes about him. He has always been front and center. Now that the caca is hitting the fan he has disappeared. Man is not a leader.
I am not sure you even know what a leader is after this post.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Tusks

Jeff has been reading "Hiring coaches in the SEC for dummy's"
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hog911

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 22, 2017, 12:10:50 am
Best comment over the weekend! For all the Long Lovers please explain what's so great about him? I already know what you will say, "he's a great fund raiser, just look at all our wonderful facilities!" You do realize with three Fortune 500 companies literally in his back yard, one of which is #1 it's not to hard getting them to donate, right? Jeff Long's additude about winning is reason enough to let him go when his contract is up. I'm convinced we have a lot of qualified people within our own state's boarder that could easily do his job and demand success.

HardCore

Quote from: hog911 on October 23, 2017, 04:23:38 am
  Best comment over the weekend! For all the Long Lovers please explain what's so great about him? I already know what you will say, "he's a great fund raiser, just look at all our wonderful facilities!" You do realize with three Fortune 500 companies literally in his back yard, one of which is #1 it's not to hard getting them to donate, right? Jeff Long's additude about winning is reason enough to let him go when his contract is up. I'm convinced we have a lot of qualified people within our own state's boarder that could easily do his job and demand success.

Well 911, I am sure you should get a response.  Looks like midnight on Monday morning marks the start of Long's Work-Sudy group.  I especially love the the Graphical Displays and Statistical trend charts in the "Jeff Long's Contract" thread.  That is awesome.  I know all of us on HV spend our days and nights in the Forum working on Excel, designing those beautiful charts and graphs.  It's like somebody handed them a PowerPoint Presentation for the BOT or something.  That's freakin awesome!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Pork Twain

Quote from: HardCore on October 23, 2017, 05:12:12 am
Well 911, I am sure you should get a response.  Looks like midnight on Monday morning marks the start of Long’s Work-Sudy group.  I especially love the the Graphical Displays and Statistical trend charts in the “Jeff Long’s Contract” thread.  That is awesome.  I know all of us on HV spend our days and nights in the Forum working on Excel, designing those beautiful charts and graphs.  It’s like somebody handed them a PowerPoint Presentation for the BOT or something.  That’s freakin awesome!
Grasping at straws you guys are

PonderinHog

In some kind of witness protection program ???  We're getting killed out there!

The NewEra

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 22, 2017, 12:54:30 am

I believe this to be true.  I don't want Long in the public right now.  He would have to throw support at Bielema and we don't need or want that.

hawgon

He is not on Twitter because he takes an unmerciful beating whenever he sticks his head up over there.  People just rail on him.

sigpooie

Guawd, that endzone did look like the football program, and tell me why jeffro didn't spend a few dollars buying large banners to cover it up.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson