Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Half Struggles Are Real

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, October 23, 2017, 05:10:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

I took some time this afternoon to compile all of Arkansas' box scores since BB got here in 2013.  It ain't pretty. 

In Power 5 Games:

1st Half: Ark 901 - Opp 684
2nd Half: Ark 645 - Opp 858

That's saying something given that in 2014 and 2015 we actually outscored our opponents in the 2nd half (139-122 in 2014 and 202-184 in 2015.)

In 2016 we were outscored 228-130 in the 2nd half and so far this year we are being outscored 151-99 in the 2nd half.  Unacceptable, folks.

Against all opponents:

1st Half: Ark 997 - Opp 734
2nd Half: Ark 719 - Opp 895

CBB has been outscored in the 2nd half in 23 of his 36 SEC games and in 10 of his last 12. 

:puke:

Inhogswetrust

Breaking News: Bret Bielema has petitioned the NCAA to halt all games at Halftime.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HiggiePiggy

Well 0-18 when losing at halftime and he is 27-13 when tied or winning at halftime.  So yeah he checks out of games at halftime. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 23, 2017, 05:58:11 pm
Well 0-18 when losing at halftime and he is 27-13 when tied or winning at halftime.  So yeah he checks out of games at halftime. 

Maybe other teams are better at making adjustments or other teams depth is better. Either way that is still a losing record.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 24, 2017, 06:14:32 am
Maybe other teams are better at making adjustments or other teams depth is better. Either way that is still a losing record.

My point in writing this post is that not only are we 0-18 when trailing at the half, but we aren't even making up any ground

hog.goblin

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 24, 2017, 06:14:32 am

I would phrase it this way:

All other teams are better at making adjustments or all other teams depth is better. Either way that is still a losing record.