Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D Lineman flop

Started by Occams Razorback, October 21, 2017, 10:40:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Occams Razorback

Sorry if this has been discussed already but what was the deal on Auburn's first score when our one DLineman did a flop (like Auburn several years ago) and Auburn walked in for a TD?
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

ballz2thewall

curious about that myself......
The rest of the frog.

Sundog

Bert stepped on his pud on that one. 

jcbville

He realized there were only 9 on the field and they were trying to stop play.

SPAL

Because we had 9 players defending 11 and he thought we only needed 8.

Rayzback

Not enough players on the field for D as Auburn was going up tempo.  No timeout called. Still resulted in an Auburn TD.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

hog.goblin

Quote from: jcbville on October 21, 2017, 10:42:12 pm
He realized there were only 9 on the field and they were trying to stop play.

At least Agim was paying attention and tried to do something about it.  Freaking clueless coaches.

Occams Razorback

Thanks for the explanation
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

Großer Kriegschwein

They only had 9 men on the field and he was trying to stop the snap.

Best I can figure
This is my non-signature signature.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 21, 2017, 10:58:25 pm
They only had 9 men on the field and he was trying to stop the snap.

Best I can figure

ah. you're right i bet. i remember that, now....
The rest of the frog.

Stewhog 11

A timeout would be the appropriate solution to this problem.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bville_hog

can't only coaches call time out now?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 10:42:43 pm
Because we had 9 players defending 11 and he thought we only needed 8.

Yeah how did CBB not call timeout when we only had 9 on the field and Auburn lined up to snap it?

EastexHawg

Bielema complained about that very thing a few years ago, then did it.  He also said playing hurry up offense would bring about death certificates.  Guess what?

On top of being a clueless coach, he's also a hypocrite.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 21, 2017, 10:43:11 pm
At least Agim was paying attention and tried to do something about it.  Freaking clueless coaches.

There were numerous times tonight that our Defense was still looking at the sideline waiting for instruction while Auburn was snapping the ball ... linemen standing, LBs looking for a signal, secondary not with their assignments - Auburn snapping the football ...

The deeper this goes, the more the Hogs look like a clueless Junior High team. Unbelievable, considering what the coaching staff is [at this point] stealing in compensation.

doc53

Quote from: Rayzback on October 21, 2017, 10:43:00 pm
Not enough players on the field for D as Auburn was going up tempo.  No timeout called. Still resulted in an Auburn TD.
Another great example of how "good" our coaches are
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

EastexHawg

Quote from: doc53 on October 22, 2017, 12:31:05 am
Another great example of how "good" our coaches are

Because Auburn going up tempo is totally unexpected...thus there would be no reason for our staff to prepare the defense for it.

I would say the odds are fairly good that Agim's flop was part of the "preparation" our coaches gave the team.

The Kig

This.  Agim was acutely aware of the situation and even looked back at the sideline after the score with his hands on his helmet. He knew... The announcers even commented that the Hogs were not ready for the play. 
Poker Porker

(notOM)Rebel123

This....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

October 22, 2017, 01:43:21 am #20 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:20:29 am by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 12:05:48 am
Bielema complained about that very thing a few years ago, then did it.  He also said playing hurry up offense would bring about death certificates.  Guess what?

CBB didn't have anything to do with it. Agim was the only one who knew what was going on
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

kodiakisland

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on October 22, 2017, 12:00:05 am
A timeout would be the appropriate solution to this problem.

Yeah.  It's amazing that basic football knowledge is not being coached to the players.  Most any other team would have had a player call TO in that situation.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 12:05:48 am

Riiiiiight... CBB didn't have the awareness to know to call a timeout with only 9 on the field so he spent that time instructing Sosa to hit the deck to try and stop the clock.

Makes sense.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

moses_007

In addition to only 9 defensive players on the field, I read that one of them was lying on the ground when the ball was snapped, so we really only had 8 to defend against their 11.

The NCAA has got to put a stop to this bull.  All defenses must be given time to get set.  There is nothing fair at all about these up tempo offenses.

Al Boarland

Quote from: BroyledNutts on October 22, 2017, 12:26:53 am
There were numerous times tonight that our Defense was still looking at the sideline waiting for instruction while Auburn was snapping the ball ... linemen standing, LBs looking for a signal, secondary not with their assignments - Auburn snapping the football ...

The deeper this goes, the more the Hogs look like a clueless Junior High team. Unbelievable, considering what the coaching staff is [at this point] stealing in compensation.

I wouldn't worry too much. The 3-4 is easier for the players than the 4-3. We'll be playing downhill the rest of the season 

Al Boarland

Quote from: moses_007 on October 22, 2017, 06:08:24 am
In addition to only 9 defensive players on the field, I read that one of them was lying on the ground when the ball was snapped, so we really only had 8 to defend against their 11.

The NCAA has got to put a stop to this bull.  All defenses must be given time to get set.  There is nothing fair at all about these up tempo offenses.

Good thing CBB is fighting fire with Fire running tempo. I'm just concerned about the safety of our players running so many plays. I think CBB would agree.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on October 22, 2017, 05:55:21 am
Riiiiiight... CBB didn't have the awareness to know to call a timeout with only 9 on the field so he spent that time instructing Sosa to hit the deck to try and stop the clock.

Makes sense.

No, what I am saying is that during the week the staff very well may have told the defense that if Auburn was playing tempo and caught us in a bad situation that flopping would probably stop the clock.

Is it your opinion that Agim had never heard of that strategy but suddenly had an epiphany when he saw we only had nine on the field?  If you played football, did it ever occur to you to fall down and pretend to be injured to stop the clock? 

EulessHog

This is just another feather in Bielema's hat.
Go Hogs Go!

Pork Ranger

Quote from: moses_007 on October 22, 2017, 06:08:24 am

Yeah I wish they'd slow things down a bit. I like watching good defensive football which only a handful of teams are capable of doing in today's game

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tusks

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 09:42:24 am
Thanks for posting that.  No way in hell that ball should have been made ready for play. 

Then call a fricken time out.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: tusked on October 22, 2017, 10:34:30 am
Then call a fricken time out.

Shouldn't be forced to that early in first qtr. 

PorkRinds

The chains hadn't even been set yet. Mistake by the refs.