Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What bewilders you the most about this season?

Started by rzrbackramsfan, October 21, 2017, 10:15:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

I'll take some of the best responses and make a poll.

A few things that bewilder me the most are:

How do you come off a whiping by Bama, play a team that beat you 56-3 last year and get owned again?

Why is Bret so emotionless after even huge moments in the game or lapses/successes by our team?  Is he saving the emotion for the postgame press concurrence?

Why are our fans so awesome? This was a sellout right?  Good job to the fans that went to this.  Even if I was in the area, I wouldn't have gone to this if they paid me.

synthartist69

That we played toe to toe with A&M on the road, all the way into overtime. This is the same team minus Allen.

David†

DeltaBoy

We played TAMU TOUGH and looked like a cow paddy against Bama and Tigger2.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 21, 2017, 10:15:32 pm

How do you come off a whiping by Bama, play a team that beat you 56-3 last year and get owned again?

Why is Bret so emotionless after even huge moments in the game or lapses/successes by our team?  Is he saving the emotion for the postgame press concurrence?

Why are our fans so awesome? This was a sellout right?  Good job to the fans that went to this.  Even if I was in the area, I wouldn't have gone to this if they paid me.

Not good enough to stop it

No answers to fix it

Because football games are events. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Hawg Marshal

I'm bewildered because I really feel like we have some talent on this team.

Bonehog

That we fired BP for doing the same thing we all want to do but can't.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

SPAL

Why the blank is Bret wearing his Initials on his clothes? Is he auditioning for a job with pep boys? I'm bewildered

rzrbackramsfan

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

AflacHawg

Letsroll1200

The team looks unprepared! Starting with the offensive and defensive lines. Im serious! What did this staff do this summer?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 10:25:24 pm
Why the blank is Bret wearing his Initials on his clothes? Is he auditioning for a job with pep boys? I'm bewildered

YES.  Also, how did that come to be? His idea, Jeff Longs? Jen?

Also, who did it?  Was Bret up all night trying to stitch those things on?

Kevin

How is the o line this bad for the 2nd straight year.

How are we at least not competitive
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

havok

AirWarren

What he did at Wisconsin vs what he has done here.

It bewilders me.

SPAL

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 21, 2017, 10:28:24 pm
YES.  Also, how did that come to be? His idea, Jeff Longs? Jen?

Also, who did it?  Was Bret up all night trying to stitch those things on?

We have no identity on the field....we should at least have it on our clothes.

mckinneyhog5

That idiots expected better given all the players we lost to injury. We're a shell of last years team...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

SPAL

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 21, 2017, 10:33:23 pm
That idiots expected better given all the players we lost to injury. We're a shell of last years team...

You expected us to be this bad? No you didn't. I said 6 wins was a realistic goal because if many factors. We won't even win 4. Nobody expected this in year 5.

ReverendRazorback

Along with our o-line our defense is the worst I have ever seen.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

cjack

The unquestioning support of CBB that still exists, even after giving up 100 points in 8 days.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ReverendRazorback on October 21, 2017, 10:35:11 pm
Along with our o-line our defense is the worst I have ever seen.

Looks like several defenses I've seen going back to 1990. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

AirWarren

SPAL

Quote from: cjack on October 21, 2017, 10:36:06 pm
The unquestioning support of CBB that still exists, even after giving up 100 points in 8 days.

Show me where his support exists because I think you're making crap up.

Wild Bill Hog

That idiots expected better given the coach that we have.  He's a shell of our previous coaches.

Hawgphat

How we have managed to win 2 games thus far.

:-[

cj_sez

Bewildering.....enjoy the Dr Pepper dude commercials more than the games and I loathe those commercials.

rzrbackramsfan

This 100% isn't make the poll bc all teams have injuries. 

The NewEra

That we keep getting worse.

lasthog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 10:25:24 pm

His Letterman's jacket doesn't fit.

rzrbackramsfan

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: lasthog on October 21, 2017, 10:39:10 pm
His Letterman's jacket doesn't fit.

LOL  Yes, but he always liked that jacket because it said "I" on it.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 10:34:50 pm
You expected us to be this bad? No you didn't. I said 6 wins was a realistic goal because if many factors. We won't even win 4. Nobody expected this in year 5.
It was very predictable. Lost  all those WR's. A go to TE and only one proven offensive lineman. Defense lost so much depth on the line that we had to change schemes. OUR FRONT LINEMEN HAVE TO PLAY THE WHO GAME AS WE DON'T HAVE SEC QUALITY SUBS. WE ARE SLOW AND SMALL. CAN'T TACKLE TO BOOT.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 10:34:50 pm
Of those losses, We've lost to the #1 Team who's 8-0, the  #4 team 7-0, #21 Auburn record 6-2, A&M 5-2 and finally SC who's 5-2.Total record of teams we lost to..31-6. We have lost to every team we were supposed to, and beat every team we were supposed to. Not a big mystery..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Torqued pork

I'm most bewildered that everyone couldn't  see Bielema lost the hearts and and minds of the players last season and this season was going to be futile.

PossumFan

How we went from a really good offensive line (the Tretola bunch) that was worthy of the media guide cover to this bunch, which lacks physicality and is still being shifted around to try to find the right combination more than halfway through the season.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: tncbg on October 21, 2017, 10:43:19 pm
The team lost its physicality when Pittman left. It seems he was far more important than we knew.
No, when Skipper left we lost it..

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 21, 2017, 10:46:19 pm
How can we be so completely devoid of talent in Year Five?

We're devoid of development and coaching.  Talent is at least decent.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

farmhawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 21, 2017, 10:46:13 pm
Of those losses, We've lost to the #1 Team who's 8-0, the  #4 team 7-0, #21 Auburn record 6-2, A&M 5-2 and finally SC who's 5-2.Total record of teams we lost to..31-6. We have lost to every team we were supposed to, and beat every team we were supposed to. Not a big mystery..
Thats the loser coach that we hired. He could never beat better teams. Lack of ability but keep suck8ng on his teat.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hobhog

The complete disorganization and meltdown. How does some one with his experience let that happen?

HoggyCat

Frito pie.

And how could fans not see this coming??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

casken

Bewildered...how in the first three years there was steady improvement and we grew stronger. The opposite seems to have taken hold last year and we continue to devolve.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

cjack

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 10:37:22 pm
Show me where his support exists because I think you're making crap up.

Just wait. It will come. Tomorrow, next week, and the next there will be people (some "experts") that support him and the job he's done. It's definitely not me.  There are probably posts on HV already in his support.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

SPAL

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 21, 2017, 10:46:13 pm

Ok, so you expected 3 wins, a winless conference record, and to not even be competitive in most of the losses. I should check your post history to verify this. Because if you expected what we are seeing in year 5, you're better than most.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

He said in year 1 that he learned to be mellow. Never be too high or too low
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

JOKERHOG

that we wasted 5 years on BB and his inept nonsense
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: tncbg on October 21, 2017, 10:43:19 pm
The team lost its physicality when Pittman left. It seems he was far more important than we knew.

They changed offensive philosophy with the hiring of Enos.  More finesse, athletic linemen were preferred...began abandoning the power running game.  Pittman didn't fit that philosophy.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

SooieGeneris

The O line lost only Skipper who was slow and unathletic but got the most out of his ability and played like he cared.. and this line has gotten progressively worse with each game.

One tackle has an absurd number of penalties and busts and keeps starting while the All World true freshman (according to Bert at the start of the season) rides the pine after blowing a redshirt year...

We're about to lose another QB to injury if the line keeps letting them get battered like a pinata.

The running game varies from sporadic to nonexistent, the defense plays bend but don't break and still gives up several big plays a game.

But according to the Homers, "All is well", just wait until Bert gets all his own players... oh yeah, that's right, Eczema is in his 5th season... but, but, but, it takes SIX years to rebuild a program I guess...

I am so sick of the Homer Arkansas media making up their excuses before these butt whippings even start.

Last 9 games= 2-7 with two lackluster wins over Fla. A&M and NM State. 0-7 vs Power 5s.

It should be obvious to anyone with eyes that the players don't believe in this staff or at least most of it. Bert lost this team late last season and it would take a miracle for him to get it back.

0-18 when trailing at half, 10-26 in the SEC. Every game the opponent scores on their 1st possession of the 2nd half and Bert stands there with that stupefied look on his face like: "are they allowed to make halftime adjustments?"

"There's gotta be a rule against that, I'll get out my rulebook and badger the ref"..."I am on the rules committee and the media and Jeffy love me".

I just don't get why these people don't understand it takes (insert the number of seasons a coach has been in a place +1) years to build a program..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?