Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

629 Yards

Started by b-ball coach, October 21, 2017, 10:08:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

b-ball coach

We are worse defensively than any Razorback team I remember...if that stat and 52 points (28 in the third) don't get Bert canned, nothing will.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: b-ball coach on October 21, 2017, 10:08:57 pm
We are worse defensively than any Razorback team I remember...if that stat and 52 points (28 in the third) don't get Bert canned, nothing will.

Auburn was getting tired.  Bert had them right where he wanted them, but he just ran out of time.

95_alum

We're so close. Nothing on film that can't be corrected. We just need to focus on the positives & keep getting better.

AirWarren

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bonehog

All any team has to do is score a few TDs and stunt and blitz and we are done. I thought I was drunk but not even close to the guy that posted this!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

Ben

Even Mercer and Georgia Southern held them under that....
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Mo_Better_Hogs

How does this year compare to last year?

That's like asking whether you'd rather be set on fire or eaten by a shark.

phadedhawg

"ya know, it was just little things that made all the difference tonight.  Certainly nothing that can't be fixed in practice next week.  Of course those sandwiches and donuts aren't gonna eat themselves, so we might put it off next week too"

hogsanity

defense is small and slow.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rhog1

Quote from: hogsanity on October 22, 2017, 12:08:17 am
defense is small and slow.
The main problem is the defense is on the field too much. Our offense does nothing to help out the defense.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: rhog1 on October 22, 2017, 12:11:22 am

The main problem is the defense is on the field too much. Our offense does nothing to help out the defense.

Offense is weak.....defense is weak.  Defense is out of position,& gives up too many big plays.  On one touchdown run by Auburn, we had only 9 players on the field. OL can't block or protect the QB.  We have a very weak team, on both offense & defense. That's why we're 2-5.....& it's gonna get worse.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

East Clintwood

629 yards?

Are you sure that's not our total offensive yardage for the year to date?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

atom hog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 22, 2017, 01:22:23 am
Offense is weak.....defense is weak.  Defense is out of position,& gives up too many big plays.  On one touchdown run by Auburn, we had only 9 players on the field. OL can't block or protect the QB.  We have a very weak team, on both offense & defense. That's why we're 2-5.....& it's gonna get worse.
We are mentally weak! Low football  IQ across the board. Chronically out of position with no situational awareness.

SoonerSooie

I guess it is debatable, but, I don't remember the Hogs being this embarrassing under JLS-- and that was BAAAADDD! All I am seeing on the field is total incompetence-- that is coming directly from the coaches on the sideline.
To think that with the facilities and resources available that it would be virtually impossible to have the worst team in Hog history, but, that is apparently what has happened, and it truly is embarrassing.
WPS!

razorbackred1

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on October 22, 2017, 12:00:54 am
How does this year compare to last year?

That's like asking whether you'd rather be set on fire or eaten by a shark.

As bad as the 629 total yards are, we gave up 345 on the ground ..... I thought that was bad until I looked at last year - total yards 632, but OMG ..... 543 on the ground!!!!!!! This is pathetic!

Pork Ranger

632 last year. 1261 total yards last two contests against Arkansas

Sweet Feet

This has to be a Arkansas record for the most points given up at home....maybe 3rd all time next to 2005 USC and last year vs Auburn

Sed76

Last year it was all Robb Smith's fault for running the wrong scheme, asking players to do to much etc. Now we have changed the defensive coach and schemes but we still suck. But we all know what the one constant is...

lakecityhog

Sep 01, 2012 JACKSONVILLE STATE W 49-24 71062
Sep 08, 2012 at ULM L 31-34 53089
* Sep 15, 2012 #1 ALABAMA L 0-52 74617
Sep 22, 2012 RUTGERS L 26-35 72543
* Sep 29, 2012 at Texas A&M L 10-58 86442
* 10-6-12 at Auburn W 24-7 85813
* Oct 13, 2012 KENTUCKY W 49-7 67153
* Oct 27, 2012 OLE MISS L 27-30 55378
Nov 03, 2012 TULSA W 19-15 64451
* Nov 10, 2012 at South Carolina L 20-38 78772
* Nov 17, 2012 at Mississippi State L 14-45 54838
* Nov 23, 2012 #8 LSU L 13-20 71117

A LOT OF PEOPLE NEED TO CALL JOHN L AND APOLOGIZE!!!!!!! With a couple of breaks John L beats ULM, Ole Miss and maybe LSU. With a couple of breaks BB scores an extra TD against Bama and Auburn!

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Sed76 on October 22, 2017, 12:48:20 pm
Last year it was all Robb Smith's fault for running the wrong scheme, asking players to do to much etc. Now we have changed the defensive coach and schemes but we still suck. But we all know what the one constant is...
[/quote
I know he is everywhere so he must be exhausted.  When CBB is gone it will be fun to see who gets pinned for the blame first in the next regime.  Then again since these are his players, he is probably good to be the fall guy for 2-3 more years.  Bad qb play = CBB's fault, missed fg=CBB, blown calls, etc, etc.

Redhogs

Quote from: atom hog on October 22, 2017, 01:26:50 am
We are mentally weak! Low football  IQ across the board. Chronically out of position with no situational awareness.
This in spades.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

LRRandy

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 21, 2017, 10:10:12 pm
Auburn was getting tired.  Bert had them right where he wanted them, but he just ran out of time.
ha. That reminds me of boxer Randall "Tex" Cobb after his fight with Larry Holmes. Cobb said Holmes didn't beat him, he just won the first 15 rounds.
This is fun, isn't it.

buldozer

I think Gus pours it on the fat guy to make a point.... Arkansas could have hired him but chose not to. I don't blame him in a way because he was a homegrown guy that wanted the job badly and was passed over for someone that will never be in touch with this state.

Even so, Gus was running his third string against us at the end and we couldn't keep up with them.