Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interim Enos/Rhoads

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, October 21, 2017, 09:56:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Would our team be better off with Enos/Rhoads as Interim HC? Who do you think would do a better job? I say Rhoads due to his time spent as a power 5 head coach elsewhere
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hawginj

Temprees

October 21, 2017, 09:57:57 pm #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:50:42 am by Temprees
Enos.  Please, NOT Rhoads

Bonehog

Bust the glass that JLS is in, dust him off put his initials on a really big tent and sent him out.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

GuvHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 21, 2017, 09:56:09 pm
Would our team be better off with Enos/Rhoads as Interim HC? Who do you think would do a better job? I say Rhoads due to his time spent as a power 5 head coach elsewhere

The team wouldn't be any better off but the U of A would get a head start on the coaching search. Bret should resign in disgrace effective immediately.

I agree with making Rhoads the interim HC because of his P5 HC experience. That's a no-brainer.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MissippHog

Doesn't matter, pick one and do it now.  Get started on the coaching search asap.

kodiakisland

NO!  They are a huge part of the problem.  Both of them failed as HCs and were available for this job because their old schools no longer wanted them.  You want more of Rhoads 32-55 P5 experience?  They are not associated with winning.  They are long term proven losers.  Why would you think that would change?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

247Hog

Since we just gave up 700 yards, im gonna go with Enos.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Kevin

Get the process of a new coach started now
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ipigsooie

Totally ok with this! If this happens it means Bert is gime. Either way we are terrible this seasin. This way we know change is a comin.

hog.goblin

Somebody go find Joe Kines.  He's got 6 games in him and can stop that inside trap.

MissippHog

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 21, 2017, 10:22:50 pm
NO!  They are a huge part of the problem.  Both of them failed as HCs and were available for this job because their old schools no longer wanted them.  You want more of Rhoads 32-55 P5 experience?  They are not associated with winning.  They are long term proven losers.  Why would you think that would change?
You do understand what the word interim means, right?  No one is saying make either one permanent head coach. 

phadedhawg

I'm fine with either of them or anyone who's posted in this thread taking over for rest of the year. 

Not sure how we could make it worse at this point.

atom hog

Since Enos admits he forgets about TJ Hammonds, no to him.

RazorbacksFTW

Doesn't really matter at this point we will probably get the same results if not slightly better results with an interim so might as well do it.

sickboy

The reason we don't want to do this is right in front of our face. What happens if Enos does enough to finish the season to stir up some support for getting the job full time? And then you're like LSU with Orgeron.

I think we're better off doing this clean. Let Bielema finish the year and get the search started now by gauging interest. Then pull the trigger in December. Announce our hire end of December/January.

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: sickboy on October 22, 2017, 01:12:16 am
The reason we don't want to do this is right in front of our face. What happens if Enos does enough to finish the season to stir up some support for getting the job full time? And then you're like LSU with Orgeron.

I think we're better off doing this clean. Let Bielema finish the year and get the search started now by gauging interest. Then pull the trigger in December. Announce our hire end of December/January.

You know you can make a contract for 1 year you're not forced to hire someone for 3 or more years.
If that type of situation came up with the interim then offer a 1 year contract with guarantee of another contract if he wins 8 or more games.
The coach could either take it or leave it.
If he took it great if not oh well we need to find a new coach anyway.

husker71

just let the season play out.  Everyone that may be looking for a new job knows this one will open so its not like Norvell is saying in November "man if I only knew that the Razorback job was going to open I would have waited for it"  Just make sure the whole world knows that the minute this season is done so is this coach

Jimbob111

They would be better off because those coaches aren't getting quite the buyout that Bielema will and they will be looking for jobs soon. Fire his tubby ass and let them pad their resume as best they can.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

kodiakisland

Quote from: MissippHog on October 22, 2017, 12:40:21 am
You do understand what the word interim means, right?  No one is saying make either one permanent head coach. 

Yeah.  Ask Orgeron about that interim label.  Let one of these other coaches win two games and the next thing you know someone will be calling for them to be the HC.  I say hell no to that.  They didn't fair well the last time they were HCs.  It didn't work well the last time Long hired an interim coach.

I'd rather see Bielema finish out the year and get rid of every single one of them.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hou-Hog

why in the world would you select Rhoads?  B/c defense is playing so well?

shown006

I think Long will wait until after the Friday Mizzou game and pull the trigger that Sat or Sun.  He can be unofficially looking around before then, and maybe he is now.  No need to give the perception to potential hires, Bielema didn't get a full 5 years.  This season is lost anyways.
WPS!

AirWarren

No interim crap. No hiring within crap. Clean house.

Hoggish1

Quote from: GuvHog on October 21, 2017, 10:06:58 pm
The team wouldn't be any better off but the U of A would get a head start on the coaching search. Bret should resign in disgrace effective immediately.

I agree with making Rhoads the interim HC because of his P5 HC experience. That's a no-brainer.

That's the same excuse for making JLS the interim after BP.  Stupid idea then and even more stupid now.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on October 21, 2017, 10:06:58 pm

BOO.

GET OUT OF HERE.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The road to 5 just got easier with the OM QB injury. Although not guaranteed the odds went up. So with the road to 5 easier that means while not likely the odds of getting to 6 go up say from 50--1 to 20-1.  At 6-6 and bowl eligible the case may be made by some to keep Jabba. This is why in the past at other schools they have fired the coach before the end to prevent some miracle rally. Best case scenario for anyone wanting change is for it to be announced today or tomorrow and put the interim in place. This removes all doubt and lifts that burden from the players. They no longer have to worry about playing to save coach's job. Hopefully the decision makers have seen enough and take the appropriate course of action
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.