Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Gameday: 4 coaches on the hot seat

Started by Pork Ranger, October 21, 2017, 08:51:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 12:24:49 pm
but don't get ticked because someone doesn't take your word for gold......

You shouldn't take most of the comments as truth.  There are some people with inside information.  It shouldn't be surprising that they generally don't have large post counts.  During the Petrino coaching search it became obvious that every post should have the obligatory (In my opinion) as a prefix.  That's IMO of course.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 21, 2017, 12:24:42 pm
It seems though that Mr. Long ignores the politics and has effectively neutered the politics of old.

Alnost as effectively as he's neutered the football program.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hogblitz

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 12:48:26 pm
Yeah....it seems. Let this year go further down the drain and next year not significantly improve and watch the nuetered cajones rejuvenate....

PRJ
Do you not agree this situation is fluid?  I am of the opinion that things change weekly with this situation ?

tophawg19

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 12:22:04 pm
Yeah, and people said the same crap when it came to who we were going to hire last time.....this faction B.S......I've heard it before and it's just B.S.......sure the big money donors are going to push for certain people, but in the end Long, if he's still here, will have the final say, and Hogville will be wrong again......I sure as heck hope it isn't Tim Horton, that sounds like a bad hire to me......AND, this is just your word about something that happened "Behind the scenes"......no evidence........I could get up and say I knew someone who offered to pay the buyout as long as we went after Chip Kelley......now that's crap because I don't, but who's to say I know any better......I just have to reference our last coaching search, because everyone had it down to three names, and the one I remember because it was the one I wanted was Gruden, and there were big HOF Hogvillians ranting about how "Oh it's going to be Gruden, my guy said so"......they were saying that for like three guys, and Bielema was pulled out of Long's @$$ it seemed like.....at the end of the day it's like I said, what Hogville knows would write the shortest book in history about what actually happens behind the scenes because NONE of it has been right for the most part........
The money for the buyout is on hand . I haven't heard the Tim Horton rumor But the Norvell one has fire behind it Another group wants Gundy or Strong . There is no shortage of money available it seems
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

USChog

Quote from: 247Hog on October 21, 2017, 12:53:32 pm
If i listened to National Media, Hillary would be sitting in the White House right now.

This is my team and i dont give a Frank what national media says. This has been the worst team ive seen in my entire life as a Razorback team. It's not just about W and L. We look lost, coaches are stubborn, come out from kick off looking depressed, come out from half looking like our dog was killed in the locker room, we're not competitive. National media and other SEC teams want us to keep BB because they can look at us and chalk up a W. I remember when we could do that looking at the schedule. So national media can kiss my ass.

I agree Arkansas doesn't look good; however, the national media doesn't have a dog in the fight. They are much less biased than the posters on hogville, who have seem to lost all perspective entirely.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogblitz on October 21, 2017, 01:00:44 pm
Do you not agree this situation is fluid?  I am of the opinion that things change weekly with this situation ?

No. Not anymore I don't. As Wilson, porked tongue and Rice have said, unless he bails out after the year...he is getting next year. And Jeff had better hope for a much improved football team...much improved as at worst, 9 wins.

PRJ

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 12:48:26 pm
Yeah....it seems. Let this year go further down the drain and next year not significantly improve and watch the nuetered cajones rejuvenate....

PRJ
OH the dogs still bark.  Don't get me wrong.  Yet Long seems to be supported by the chancellor and BOT to do what he feels that he needs to do in order to accomplish THEIR mission.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 21, 2017, 01:02:15 pm
The money for the buyout is on hand . I haven't heard the Tim Horton rumor But the Norvell one has fire behind it Another group wants Gundy or Strong . There is no shortage of money available it seems

The Tim Hortons one has more fire...except it isn't happening. Bret is gonna have to go on his own this year...Jeff isn't going to do the deed. Not this year. Both of their reputations will be on the line next year.

PRJ

Hogvillage Idiot

Jack Kemp

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 21, 2017, 01:17:23 pm
OH the dogs still bark.  Don't get me wrong.  Yet Long seems to be supported by the chancellor and BOT to do what he feels that he needs to do in order to accomplish THEIR mission.

I agree...but Jeff is only going to get so much rope. He did this with Pelphrey. A deal was already made for Mike the year before and Jeff wanted to give John that last year. Now, he is arguing the same point for Bret....even though everyone can see it probably it isn't going to work. But if we miss out on someone who would have come this year, i.e. Norvell...and Bret doesn't turn it around next....well you know how the story goes.

PRJ

Hogvillage Idiot

Yes. I totally agree that this situation will play out just like it did with Pelphrey.

Jack Kemp

pigmania

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 21, 2017, 08:51:23 am
Jim Mora

Bret Bielema

Butch Jones

Mike Riley

They were supposed to pick a coach that keeps his job. They went with CBB.

All pretty much agreed there's no reason UCLA is playing so bad. Claim there's no reason they should be as bad with the talent they have.

Herb stated that he thinks B will get another year, stated the players haven't given up on him yet. Jeff Long really wants it to work with him blah blah blah. Dez said that he thinks he gets another year too and mentioned the Bobby P fiasco.

My personal opinion is that these guys respect B as a coach and a man. However, I feel like they pay minimal attention to our games. We need to move on..

They are giving BB some love because they love to see Arkansas fail year after year.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 01:17:03 pm
No. Not anymore I don't. As Wilson, porked tongue and Rice have said, unless he bails out after the year...he is getting next year. And Jeff had better hope for a much improved football team...much improved as at worst, 9 wins.

PRJ

Well, I think he still could be fired this year, I think the next 6 weeks determine that.

Dwight_K_Shrute

F them. They probably think Bert is the best we can do so why fire him.  I'm tired of lowered expectations. On the coaching spectrum we had HDN on one end and BP on the other and bother found ways to win at a more consistent level than Bert. Hell if it were up to the Gameday guys Danny Ford would probably be finishing up his 25th season here
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

elksnort

When did winning football at the University of Arkansas become not so important?

I have my ideas.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: elksnort on October 21, 2017, 03:16:38 pm
When did winning football at the University of Arkansas become not so important?

I have my ideas.

Especially paying so much money for it  ???

Danny J

Quote from: ricepig on October 21, 2017, 02:20:01 pm
Well, I think he still could be fired this year, I think the next 6 weeks determine that.
Yep...I think 4-8 and he's gone...5-7 I am 50/50...

I think we have a chance against Auburn if we use last week's game plan.

hawgon

When we darned near lose out, he'll be gone.  I'm not even sure that we beat Missouri.  They scored 51 in the first half today. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Karma on October 21, 2017, 11:54:13 am
Changed your mind correct? I thought you previously said you think Bielema is let go if he doesn't leave on his own?

I thought that was the case. At 4-8 it might still be.

farmhawg

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 21, 2017, 08:51:23 am
Jim Mora

Bret Bielema

Butch Jones

Mike Riley

They were supposed to pick a coach that keeps his job. They went with CBB.

All pretty much agreed there's no reason UCLA is playing so bad. Claim there's no reason they should be as bad with the talent they have.

Herb stated that he thinks B will get another year, stated the players haven't given up on him yet. Jeff Long really wants it to work with him blah blah blah. Dez said that he thinks he gets another year too and mentioned the Bobby P fiasco.

My personal opinion is that these guys respect B as a coach and a man. However, I feel like they pay minimal attention to our games. We need to move on..

The6 like him for the sound bites he provides.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hoginator

Newsflash! Bielema will be here next year. There's a reason for the ludicrous buyout. Stability at all costs...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Jimbob111

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 21, 2017, 09:04:21 am
Barring a total collapse in the second half of the season, I think the only way Bielema leaves is on his own.

A total collapse in the second half...as opposed to what? A total collapse in the first half? A collapse if when things are going along fine...maybe it's a scaffold, maybe a bridge, maybe a stable football program then BAM!!! all of a sudden, everything falls to the earth in a fiery, flaming ball of crushed metal and death. 

Losing every remaining game except Coastal Carolina wouldn't be a collapse, it would be a status quo. There can be no collapse in the second half of the season since this isn't a scaffold, a bridge, or a stable program.

"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

lasthog

FANONTHEHILL

If Coach Bielema was the HC/OC or HC/DC, I don't know if he would be retained.  In the "business world" structure that college football has become, it will be handled in a business like manner.  There will be a review at the end of the year and if that review is negative, the department heads and/or middle managers will be removed and replaced.  That's the way it normally works.  I see staff changes coming, but not at the top.  It's the advantage of being a CEO coach, not a coach/coordinator.  It can buy a person with a contract another year.  That's why I think Coach Bielema will be back, while other will not be.  It may be right or it may be wrong, but I think it's just how it will play out. All I want is for the team to succeed and something has to change.  Whether it's staff, scheme, or both, it needs to happen.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

gchamblee

Quote from: pigmania on October 21, 2017, 01:27:47 pm
They are giving BB some love because they love to see Arkansas fail year after year.

this is a stupid post. what in your mind is the reason for them wanting us to fail?

East Clintwood

Quote from: hoginator on October 21, 2017, 04:06:44 pm
Newsflash! Bielema will be here next year. There's a reason for the ludicrous buyout. Stability at all costs...

WtH is the point of stability if you stabilize at a losing record?

East Clintwood

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 21, 2017, 04:39:06 pm
If Coach Bielema was the HC/OC or HC/DC, I don't know if he would be retained.  In the "business world" structure that college football has become, it will be handled in a business like manner.  There will be a review at the end of the year and if that review is negative, the department heads and/or middle managers will be removed and replaced.  That's the way it normally works.  I see staff changes coming, but not at the top.  It's the advantage of being a CEO coach, not a coach/coordinator.  It can buy a person with a contract another year.  That's why I think Coach Bielema will be back, while other will not be.  It may be right or it may be wrong, but I think it's just how it will play out. All I want is for the team to succeed and something has to change.  Whether it's staff, scheme, or both, it needs to happen.

We've already replaced both coordinators and almost all of the other coaches.

The net result?  We're worse than before.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 21, 2017, 06:55:16 pm

We've already replaced both coordinators and almost all of the other coaches.

The net result?  We're worse than before.

Don't agree with it, but just think thats what will happen.  After tonight, maybe hats different.  Blown out on the road is bad.  Blown out at home takes it to a whole new level.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

pignatious

If Long keeps Bielema after this year and is allowed to stay himself, you will know that it's all about money and respectability and certainly winning doesn't matter. The U of A is willing to be the punching bag of the SEC and just take the check. Let others do the winning. Those that have no real stake in the future success of the program will be in total command.
Freedom is never free.

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2017, 09:50:37 am
Nope, next year we'll be shocked as to who it is.  Keep in mind that we had no clue that Butters was even being considered when Jeff screwed our pooch.  When it's announced we'll be shocked.
Im shocked now!  More shocked than I thought I would be!

Kevin

We have been through 2 oc's and 3 dc's    It is all on the hc. 0-8 in the league twice in 5 years gets you fired at any other school in the league
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgTide

Quote from: hoginator on October 21, 2017, 04:06:44 pm

Bret is done. It's not if he is let go this year but when

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 21, 2017, 09:10:16 am

To where though??

He doesn't really have to go anywhere....but home.  How many millions has he made here in the last 5 years....& coaching Wisconsin ?  He could retire to the couch, or be a TV game analyst. Doesn't matter.....just so he leaves.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Cure

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 21, 2017, 12:24:42 pm
It seems though that Mr. Long ignores the politics and has effectively neutered the politics of old.
As he should. He should really be evaluating all options at this point though because the product on the field is terrible.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

moses_007

Let's hope that the QB we recruited from Oklahoma gets the job next year, since it is obvious to me that the current freshman simply won't cut it here. 

Matt Burks

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 12:14:34 pm
Listen dude....I can tell you with great certainity that there was a faction of money that has approached Jeff twice this year, said we will put up the money for the buyout but we want a say in the next coach and that coach's name is Tim Horton. Jeff said no, Bret needs more time. That is just one faction. Just one. There are several factions. Which is why when Nutt left, it took 2 years too many because of factions making it into a cluster. Jeff came in and tampered down the money boys and has been left pretty much alone in his process. But one set of heavy hitters are already chirping, Jeff has said not now. So...doesn't matter if Jeff has a new contract or not, he gives Bret another year and there is not significant progress on the field and we will have a whole nother situation brewing. It's called politics.

This faction wants Timmy, that faction wants Norvell, another wants to stand Pat....and they all think they swing the heaviest bat....politics of power in Arkansas.

You can take this or leave it, I don't care....but it is the truth.

PRJ

Why in the world do the want Tim Horton as the next coach? That makes zero sense. He's not even an OC or DC. I hope that is just people pulling your chain with bs.

WoePigSooie

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 21, 2017, 04:39:06 pm

It does seem to me, as unenlightened as I may be, that many of the problems the Hogs have, originated at the top.  And I seriously doubt it would be easy to find any quality coordinators or position coaches willing to come to Arkansas, when it looks as though the reprieve for Bielema, should he get one, will be short lived.