College Gameday: 4 coaches on the hot seat

Started by Pork Ranger, October 21, 2017, 08:51:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Jim Mora

Bret Bielema

Butch Jones

Mike Riley

They were supposed to pick a coach that keeps his job. They went with CBB.

All pretty much agreed there's no reason UCLA is playing so bad. Claim there's no reason they should be as bad with the talent they have.

Herb stated that he thinks B will get another year, stated the players haven't given up on him yet. Jeff Long really wants it to work with him blah blah blah. Dez said that he thinks he gets another year too and mentioned the Bobby P fiasco.

My personal opinion is that these guys respect B as a coach and a man. However, I feel like they pay minimal attention to our games. We need to move on..

parallaxpig

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 21, 2017, 08:51:23 am
Jim Mora

Bret Bielema

Butch Jones

Mike Riley

They were supposed to pick a coach that keeps his job. They went with CBB.

All pretty much agreed there's no reason UCLA is playing so bad. Claim there's no reason they should be as bad with the talent they have.

Herb stated that he thinks B will get another year, stated the players haven't given up on him yet. Jeff Long really wants it to work with him blah blah blah. Dez said that he thinks he gets another year too and mentioned the Bobby P fiasco.

My personal opinion is that these guys respect B as a coach and a man. However, I feel like they pay minimal attention to our games. We need to move on..

I think BB bails on his own.............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

The Boar War

I think they overestimate the support he has here.  When you mix that with the low opinion they already have of our program why wouldn't he be the guy who keeps his job?

PygmalionEffect2

CBB is the best I've ever seen at improving fan perception and getting coaches off this list.   

These aren't on the schedule so they probably gone. 
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

WilsonHog

Barring a total collapse in the second half of the season, I think the only way Bielema leaves is on his own.

hog911

Quote from: The Boar War on October 21, 2017, 08:54:38 am
I think they overestimate the support he has here.  When you mix that with the low opinion they already have of our program why wouldn't he be the guy who keeps his job?
Jeffy still having his minions pump out sunshine and rainbows from the Athletic Department!

parallaxpig

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 21, 2017, 09:04:21 am
Barring a total collapse in the second half of the season, I think the only way Bielema leaves is on his own.

BB has shot his mouth off a lot about a lot of things and one of things he told reporters was that they will not have to run me out of this place. I'm taking him at his word cuz that's where he is headed if he hangs another year.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

AirWarren

Pork Ranger

WilsonHog

I do think he'll leave on his own.

The coaching search and subsequent hiring of a new coach will bring excitement for some fans. Other fans will be pissed because our new coach isn't the one they wanted.

In four or five years, we'll do it again.

The Boar War

The only thing (considered a total collapse) he hasn't already accomplished would be a loss to a team of Coastal Carolina's caliber.  In his tenure he's already lost badly to every other team on the schedule. 

If someone hasn't seen whatever it is they need to see in order to feel comfortable firing him; they aren't going to see it on the football field.

AirWarren

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 21, 2017, 09:13:01 am

The coaching search and subsequent hiring of a new coach will bring excitement for some fans. Other fans will be pissed because our new coach isn't the one they wanted.

Reoccurring cycle that I've rode for 32 years now between our basketball and football programs.

AirWarren

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 21, 2017, 09:10:16 am
To where though??

Some type of Florida gig.

Jump to another midwestern school.

Just because a job isn't open now, doesn't mean it won't be open come late January.

The Boar War

In four or five years, we’ll do it again.

That doesn't seem to be the normal practice for football at Arkansas. 

Redhogs

Unless we get the right guy......which we do not have now.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Marshfieldhog

This is actually the perfect year to get rid of CBB. He is only going to sign 15 or so and the current small class is rated low, so recruiting new guys is going to suffer anyway. Might as well switch coaches now with the new December signing deal. If we pick a year that we have to sign 25 that's going to be bad.

ricepig

Fact

Redhogs

Sadly...agreed.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

Butters is gone. Unfortunately, the @ss clown that hired our last two football coaches will probably have input in the next one.

Rayzback

Thinking this is closer to the truth. We better start seeing some identity soon as I think there be a zero tolerance policy on excuses though.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Pork Ranger

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2017, 09:37:52 am
Butters is gone. Unfortunately, the @ss clown that hired our last two football coaches will probably have input in the next one.

He should just start with the names HV is asking for. They all seem to be reasonable for Arkansas...this time around

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Rayzback on October 21, 2017, 09:41:27 am
Thinking this is closer to the truth. We better start seeing some identity soon as I think there be a zero tolerance policy on excuses though.

He just needs to let Enos do whatever he wants with the Offense and focus solely on repairing the O line

SouthSide Johnny

No animals no circus, Until recruiting has sustained elevation, which starts at Home, yep In four or five.   Facts A/M, Auburn, Bama and LSU will always do better in recruiting.  Arkansas has some quality assistants leave because it didn't take long to figure out it was a dead end road, what they had to work with and reality of what wanted to come here was substandard to the SEC west competition.       

Depth and talent or lack of will show up in the second half, they recruited as hard as anybody but you can't make kids come especially if they have better offers.  People still deny the truth, Frank Broyles was right, The SEC was a business decision for the Whole program not football, and a wise one.

Don't see the quality of in state kids improving any time soon.
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

hogcard1964

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on October 21, 2017, 09:41:45 am
He should just start with the names HV is asking for. They all seem to be reasonable for Arkansas...this time around

Nope, next year we'll be shocked as to who it is.  Keep in mind that we had no clue that Butters was even being considered when Jeff screwed our pooch.  When it's announced we'll be shocked.

HawgTide

What do you consider a total collapse? 2-4? How about 3-3 with blowout losses?

hogcard1964

Quote from: HawgTide on October 21, 2017, 09:52:28 am

+1000

We've already "totally collapsed".  I'm not sure it can get worse.

hogblitz

Quote from: ricepig on October 21, 2017, 09:31:25 am
Fact
So, where are you at now?  What do you think happens?  Also, what is the definition of a total collapse.  IMO it is a foregone conclusion of a losing season.  Is that a collapse? 

Roaringboar

I think that's exactly what's going to happen.....especially if we don't score more than 10 points today, which is a real possibility.......The rest of our SEC opponents are doing far better than us with the exception of Mizzou......even Ole Miss is 3-3 and has a chance of upsetting LSU today......and if they do lose, I think Ole Miss will give us everything they've got to sort of rally, kind of like we did against LSU early on in the Bielema era.....In the end though, the best record we might have is going to be 5-7, which I really doubt because I think we lose to Ole Miss too which puts us at 4-8, and with a 1-7 SEC record this season, he'll be gone.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

The Boar War

Quote from: hogblitz on October 21, 2017, 09:55:46 am
So, where are you at now?  What do you think happens?  Also, what is the definition of a total collapse.  IMO it is a foregone conclusion of a losing season.  Is that a collapse? 

I think the better question is: "What do you consider 'fact'?".  I have no idea whether Ricepig (nothing personal) is connected or not but 99 percent aren't.

JaketheSnake

Cant wait to see which hog fans here are pounding their chest in five years bc they tried to tell us that our new hire would never work out and we should have hired Coach X.  Any chance we can have a preemptive 2 wk vacation rule for people that link their 5 year old posts when that happens?

code red

Praying for 0-8 or 1-7.  It's the best thing for the program.unfortunately.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Roaringboar

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2017, 09:54:08 am
+1000

We've already "totally collapsed".  I'm not sure it can get worse.

No, if we lose to Coastal and Mizzou, or just one of those it's worse.....and that's definitely possible.....

The Boar War

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 10:11:34 am
No, if we lose to Coastal and Mizzou, or just one of those it's worse.....and that's definitely possible.....

We've already done that (with a better team).

hogcard1964

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 21, 2017, 10:11:34 am

It's a possibility with this coach.  As a matter of fact no matter how bad Missouri is, year after year, he'll lose to them.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HawgTide on October 21, 2017, 09:52:28 am

2-4, maybe.

TrueBlue

Why is it that we held Nutt to higher standard than Bret?

I am not a Nutt fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I would love to have his final team right now.

We have fallen far my friends.....where mediocrity is the "new" standard.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 21, 2017, 08:53:33 am
I think BB bails on his own.............

This is the only way he is leaving this year....

PRJ

HawgTide

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 21, 2017, 10:17:54 am
2-4, maybe.

Maybe? Maybe !?!?!    That's jacked up you've set the bar so low for Arkansas football

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 21, 2017, 10:17:54 am
2-4, maybe.

I don't think that will get him run this year. Next year's schedule is easier and Jeff is banking on that being Bret's year.

Funny thing is I think I remember Bret telling us how year 5 would be his telltale year didn't he?

PRJ

hogcard1964

Quote from: HawgTide on October 21, 2017, 10:25:07 am

Maybe? Maybe !?!?!    That's jacked up you've set the bar so low for Arkansas football

They're 2-4 right now. So they just have to continue on the same path.

hogcard1964

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 10:26:47 am
I don't think that will get him run this year. Next year's schedule is easier and Jeff is banking on that being Bret's year.

Funny thing is I think I remember Bret telling us how year 5 would be his telltale year didn't he?

PRJ

Yes he did.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: AP85 on October 21, 2017, 09:20:32 am
Some type of Florida gig.

Jump to another midwestern school.

Just because a job isn't open now, doesn't mean it won't be open come late January.

I'm thinking Nebraska unless K State or Iowa come open

porkrindjimmy

Wilson isn't setting the bar. Jeff is...and 2-4 I don't believe will get him chased. He could go 1-5, 0-6 and he you won't hear a peep from the people in charge up there about wins and losses.

Academics, full 6 years, no gangsters....that will be the mantra...

PRJ

WilsonHog

I haven't set any bar. I'm a fan with zero influence.

3kgthog

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 21, 2017, 10:20:00 am
Why is it that we held Nutt to higher standard than Bret?

I am not a Nutt fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I would love to have his final team right now.

We have fallen far my friends.....where mediocrity is the "new" standard.

Thanks for this. Helps my point from last night that Bret Bielema has been babied more than any Hog coach in my lifetime. Not just football. ANY coach. Would DVH, MA, or Mike Neighbors be retained with a baseball/basketball SEC record similar to Bielema's? Heck no.

The Hawg Marshal

Not saying that it will happen , but if he loses to CC he should be fired the instant the clock reads 0:00.

(notOM)Rebel123

Total collapse...what has the first half of the season been?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 10:26:47 am

PRJ

That is absolutely the most ridiculous argument though.....What evidence has Bert provided to prove he'll be better next year, even if five games in a row are at home......he's not winning at home now unless it's to a FCS school or a lower-level team like NMST.....who we still allowed to hang with us for a large part of the game........Bert is not showing us any reason to think next year will be better, he never has.....last year's 7-5 should've been a key indicator of what we can expect.....

HawgTide

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 21, 2017, 10:30:35 am
I haven’t set any bar. I’m a fan with zero influence.

You do try to set the tone around here though

hogblitz

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 10:30:25 am
Wilson isn't setting the bar. Jeff is...and 2-4 I don't believe will get him chased. He could go 1-5, 0-6 and he you won't hear a peep from the people in charge up there about wins and losses.

Academics, full 6 years, no gangsters....that will be the mantra...

PRJ
I really believe that the situation changes weekly.  After more losses mount up, things could change.   You never know which or how many money guys might get involved as this whole things unfold.  Many were convinced he was gone before Alabama and afterwards they think he is safe.   The situation really is fluid.