Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

former ole miss bb player justin reed has died

Started by Kevin, October 20, 2017, 12:41:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

Rebels247David‏ @Rebels247 Oct 20

Former #OleMiss Basketball Standout Justin Reed Passes Away From Cancer https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/Former-Rebel-Justin-Reed-Passes-Away-109179760 ... via @247Sports

QuoteFormer Ole Miss basketball star Justin Reed passed away early Friday morning after a long battle with a form of spinal cancer.

Reed was 35. He was diagnosed with angiosarcoma three months ago.

"We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of an all-time Rebel great," said Ole Miss men's basketball head coach Andy Kennedy. "J. Reed epitomized the qualities of what it means to be an Ole Miss Rebel. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to all those who mourn with us."

Reed was named the SEC Freshman and Newcomer of the Year in 2001 coming out of Provine High School in Jackson, Miss. By the time his career wrapped up in Oxford, he was one of the most accomplished players in the history of the Ole Miss basketball program. A second-round draft pick by the Celtics in 2004, he later enjoyed an NBA career that included stints in Boston, Minnesota and Houston.

Coach Jason Flanigan‏ @CoachFlanigan1

I called him Bulldog, he called me Cap! I'm glad I got a chance to go on a wonderful ride with you. RIP J-Reed! #RebelsForLife
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net