Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After the Auburn Loss

Started by Cotton, October 20, 2017, 08:39:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: hawgdeere48 on October 20, 2017, 02:35:03 pm
We have to remember that these are still kids and they are still very easily influenced! We don't want them to take it personally effect their performance on the field and in the classroom. Same goes for the recruits. Stay supportive and of good character, lets not stoop to that level.

Obvious first post. Good character and supportive? Wrong board.....

jacobp

kp72204

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 20, 2017, 12:55:52 pm
Be patient...  all things are cyclical (you should know this)
OK I get that, however, answer this. If you were in Vegas and put your life savings on the line. How many games we win this year? Would you bet the over 4 or under 4 this year? Next year? And am I being patient for this coach or next one. Thanks for feedback my old lady knows to leave me alone after a loss. Am I less of a fan cause I think it's comical now

longpig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 08:44:04 am
A good reminder for Jeff Long , Don't push the Fans too far with a subpar product.

We ben Over sole AND under deliver.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HawgWyld

Quote from: kp72204 on October 21, 2017, 01:53:10 am
OK I get that, however, answer this. If you were in Vegas and put your life savings on the line. How many games we win this year? Would you bet the over 4 or under 4 this year? Next year? And am I being patient for this coach or next one. Thanks for feedback my old lady knows to leave me alone after a loss. Am I less of a fan cause I think it's comical now

No, you're not less of a fan. Why? Because all of this stuff has gotten pretty comical. The irony alone is just too funny -- fans through a fit over Nutt and we've actually managed to find a worse coach in this Bielema guy. Someone's asleep at the switch...

buldozer

Surely CBB will hit the road after this season.... he doesn't want to be humiliated any more than we do....

The real Hogules

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 21, 2017, 02:00:01 am
No, you're not less of a fan. Why? Because all of this stuff has gotten pretty comical. The irony alone is just too funny -- fans through a fit over Nutt and we've actually managed to find a worse coach in this Bielema guy. Someone's asleep at the switch...
Bielema isn't a worse coach than Nutt! Nutt wasn't facing a Saban at Bama, Auburn was struggling and the rest of the SEC-W was on a down cycle. The SEC-E, with Florida and Georgia was the tougher division back when Nutt and his bunch roamed the Arkansas sideline. Don't get me wrong, CBB hasn't delivered, but he's still every bit as good of a football coach as HDN. And that's not saying a whole lot.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

FWF79

I hated Nutt but he was better

SPAL

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on October 20, 2017, 09:47:47 am
Hello, History Revisionist.
Without those banners and other heat, King Clown remains coach.   By now, possibly AD with Frank's endorsement.

Cry like a 9 y/o girl all you want.  The measures taken was cutting off two limbs to save the patient.

King clown had us slightly better than average. Aaaand, where are we now? I mean congrats, you got what you wanted, but at what price?

RedRazorHog

You wanna fly those banners during the TV games.  It brings embarrassment to our university and pisses the heck out of the BoT.  If you want Long and or Bielema gone - fly the banner during the Auburn game because it's big tv audience.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on October 20, 2017, 10:04:23 am
How about a 'Jeff Long do your job' banner
THIS. I'd target JLong with the banner.

But, there is no need. Long knows this and proactively saved his job. Ya'll will be happy as pigs in darn, just like the board that will be extending his contract next month is ; although I fully expect some old Nutthuggers, some Guslovers, and some FriendsOfFatty to gripe a bit, it's a great hire.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 08:44:04 am
A good reminder for Jeff Long , Don't push the Fans too far with a subpar product.

...or else they'll embarrass all of us with paid advertising to promote their own goofiness.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

gangstaback

Quote from: BigE_23 on October 20, 2017, 01:02:27 pm
Another "Houston Nutt rule" in college football? ;)
Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 20, 2017, 01:03:13 pm
No, 9-11

It's difficult, in an age of #morons, to compare you to such.

Let's just say this is very poor math.

Tejano Jawg

I always believed back then...if you're going to shell out that kind of $$ to rent planes and fly banners, have a better writer come up with better lines. That's what I was disappointed in.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Tusks

I'm thinking of putting it together.  If they lose to both Auburn and OMU and JL cronies are still putting the word out he's staying, then Costal would be a perfect time for a banner.

But, in Porkatarian I trust.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

East Clintwood

Quote from: tusked on October 21, 2017, 02:28:37 pm
I'm thinking of putting it together.  If they lose to both Auburn and OMU and JL cronies are still putting the word out he's staying, then Costal would be a perfect time for a banner.

But, in Porkatarian I trust.

Except there won't be anybody there to see it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Tusks

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 21, 2017, 02:46:07 pm
Except there won't be anybody there to see it.

that's what TV cameras are for.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

East Clintwood

Quote from: tusked on October 21, 2017, 02:47:54 pm
that's what TV cameras are for.

Except there won't be anyone there to watch it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HoggyCat

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 20, 2017, 10:00:59 am
No banners please! Save them for a coach that has serious ethical issues and embarrasses the university.

Not a CBB fan, just don't see any reason to humiliate him. It won't make a difference.

Ethical?  So we can fly it for Jeffi then??

You know.... dismissing rape, waiting on police to investigate voyeurism beforr further punishment to golfers when they admitted doing it, taking complaints from players & parents lightly when accusing a coach of severe verbal abuse then wishing him good luck in future ciscukbg endeavors when he resigned??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.