Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HogNation: What Do Think of Bielema After his Presser?

Started by Brer Hog, December 05, 2012, 09:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you like the hire now?

Woo Pig Sooie!!!  We've got a Football Coach!
He is the Head Hog, but I'm Still not excited... I'll believe it when he beats Bama

havok

Well w eknow that if a Coach isn't doing his job.. he won't hang onto them out of some dumb loyalty. 

OL Coach.. Our old Buddy Coach Markuson (Former Houston Dork Nutt Oline Coach) was sent to the unemployment line 2 games into the season last year..after the Wisconsin Oline performances were Lack Luster.

n5xm

I'm very happy about CBB...it will be interesting to see how such a big 'ol bear is gonna handle 108 in the shade in Arkansas the first of August!

Brer Hog

Thanks Hogville!
Update: Affirmative vote rate is still holding steady at approx. 95% after some 560 votes.  Incredible!!!... considering his approval rate was just under 75% when the news first broke of his being hired.    That is the power of hiring a go-getter and a man of strong character who believes in hard work my friends.  We got us a Football Coach and HE recruited us with the single goal of leading us to our first SEC Championship with uncommon men! Now, lets go burn up the recruiting trail, and get ready to beat some SEC butts.  WPS!!!

RedSatinHog

It was unusual for me to be able to watch a presser for that long and actually pay attention.  He was direct, candid, humorous, and seemed genuine with everything he said. 

I was absolutely shocked that we were able to hire him away from UW.  I know some of their fans, and the consensus of them was that they pretty much felt the same way about it.  I'm probably more excited about this hire than any other FB coaching hire we've ever had.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

checkraiser88

East Clintwood

Not for me.  I was one of the 33 votes for show me something before I'll get excited.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RazorRam

Did not like the hire then and do not now. A lot of Hog fans were like, oh he went to 3 Rose Bowls. Didn't win a single one.
Coached in a conference that most Hogs fans said was weak and inferior. He is a better used car salesman than Houston Nutt and has taken Arkansas for a ride.

RazorbacksFTW

I never liked the hire because I never thought he would be successful.
My reaction reading some of these posts from 2012.

ChitownHawg

Funny two posters are newbies and now we are to believe "I called that brotha"? Speaking of used car sales. Please.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

RazorRam

Yeah new to this board but ask around, I have been on most Hog Boards when you were still sucking hind tit brutha. And what difference does a post count make? Its only brought up when someone posts the truth and someone like you cannot handle it so you have to throw the newbie thing in there. Nice try, try again.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 02:53:14 am
Yeah new to this board but ask around, I have been on most Hog Boards when you were still sucking hind tit brutha. And what difference does a post count make? Its only brought up when someone posts the truth and someone like you cannot handle it so you have to throw the newbie thing in there. Nice try, try again.
Wisky fan
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

longbore

I may be a complete dumbass on this but here is my take.

Bielema was leaving Wisconsin after the 2012 season no matter what.
He was a newlywed and needed a new start.
The whole Markuson thing was Bielemas attempt at putting his stamp on the program.
Auburn laughed at Bielemas agent.
Tennessee leaked Bielemas name...bielemas agent told schools that if his name was released as a potential coaching candidate that he would withdraw from consideration...
Arkansas was always the last resort for Bielema.
Malzahn waited until Arkansas announced the Bielema hire to accept the Auburn offer.

I've always felt that Bielema and his wife were like frick "guess we're going to pig town".
Instead of the oolala Jeff made a great hire.

Think about that... Tenner would rather have Butch jones than a 3 time big 10 rose bowler...

Arkansas wasn't Bielemas destination...it was the only thing he could get...

Then of course we got Chaney and Pittman and Skipper from Temner...

RazorRam

I have been around since Booth Rand started his Hog Board back in the early 90's. You don't get out much do you? Anybody that comes here saying we should keep BB is a fan from another school. Should I show you my Razorback Card now or after you make a bigger fool of yourself saying a 50 yr old Hog Fan is a Wisconsin fan?

RazorRam

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 03:20:35 am

The whole Markuson thing was Bielemas attempt at putting his stamp on the program.
Tennessee leaked Bielemas name...bielemas agent told schools that if his name was released as a potential coaching candidate that he would withdraw from consideration...
Malzahn waited until Arkansas announced the Bielema hire to accept the Auburn offer.

I've always felt that Bielema and his wife were like frick "guess we're going to pig town".

Think about that... Tenner would rather have Butch jones than a 3 time big 10 rose bowler...

Most Hog fans don't want to admit they were taken in by this farce. They are the ones that said when he was hired, hey wait this aint coke its orange juice! Oh wait I like Orange Juice! Just more kool-aid is all it was. One of the biggest things that has always bothered me about a lot of other Hog Fans is the fact they thought he was such a great hire! What exactly did he do that was so great in a Conference that most Hog fans have always said was an inferior Conference? He went to 3 Rose Bowls most will say. Ahem, he lost 2 of those and did not Coach in the last one which was also a loss. His Bowl recoord was 2-5, no National Title and a avg winning pct in what most Hog fans called a mediocre conference so what exactly made so many Hog Fans excited when he was named HC? I will tell you what it was, they thought they stole him from Wisconsin thats what it was. A bad hire is much easier to swallow if you think you stole him away from his current job. Had he been fired a few days before we hired him most Hog fans would have been livid. Outside of Wisconsin and the Big 10 how many had heard of him? I had never heard of him before that day he was hired. How many had him on their top 20 list of Coaches they wanted to see at Arkansas? Top 30? Yeah go ahead and lie and say you did.

longbore

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 03:40:12 am
Most Hog fans don't want to admit they were taken in by this farce. They are the ones that said when he was hired, hey wait this aint coke its orange juice! Oh wait I like Orange Juice! Just more kool-aid is all it was. One of the biggest things that has always bothered me about a lot of other Hog Fans is the fact they thought he was such a great hire! What exactly did he do that was so great in a Conference that most Hog fans have always said was an inferior Conference? He went to 3 Rose Bowls most will say. Ahem, he lost 2 of those and did not Coach in the last one which was also a loss. His Bowl recoord was 2-5, no National Title and a avg winning pct in what most Hog fans called a mediocre conference so what exactly made so many Hog Fans excited when he was named HC? I will tell you what it was, they thought they stole him from Wisconsin thats what it was. A bad hire is much easier to swallow if you think you stole him away from his current job. Had he been fired a few days before we hired him most Hog fans would have been livid. Outside of Wisconsin and the Big 10 how many had heard of him? I had never heard of him before that day he was hired. How many had him on their top 20 list of Coaches they wanted to see at Arkansas? Top 30? Yeah go ahead and lie and say you did.

You are absolutely correct imo...this wasn't a big 10 raid by Jeff long at all...bielema got his feelings hurt big time over the Markuson deal. Brett thought he could get a better gig than Arkansas but it didn't work out that way.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 02:53:14 am

Seems I got under your skin so easily. How did you become so old with such thin skin - may I ask?  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 03:24:49 am
I have been around since Booth Rand started his Hog Board back in the early 90's. You don't get out much do you? Anybody that comes here saying we should keep BB is a fan from another school. Should I show you my Razorback Card now or after you make a bigger fool of yourself saying a 50 yr old Hog Fan is a Wisconsin fan?

Such a chip on those broad shoulders. Do you have long flowing blonde locks as well?  ;D

RazorRam

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 22, 2017, 03:57:59 am
Seems I got under your skin so easily. How did you become so old with such thin skin - may I ask?  ;D

Try harder, you under my skin? Only when I tea bag you. You might want to be nicer to new posters and say Howdy or Welcome to the board instead of attacking them, you are barking up the wrong tree son. I will give you this one, next time I won't be so nice. 😅

ChitownHawg

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 03:20:35 am

Cool story bro. Five years into this train wreck and this story is just now popping up? Alverez doesn't get pissed the way he did if he was about to fire him. Also they were building a home in Madison.

So how did this story stay buried for 5 years?  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 04:03:21 am
Try harder, you under my skin? Only when I tea bag you. You might want to be nicer to new posters and say Howdy or Welcome to the board instead of attacking them, you are barking up the wrong tree son. I will give you this one, next time I won't be so nice. 😅

Dang you really are upset. Tea bagging maybe something you do with your gay friends but I don't. Sorry.  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 03:48:13 am
You are absolutely correct imo...this wasn't a big 10 raid by Jeff long at all...bielema got his feelings hurt big time over the Markuson deal. Brett thought he could get a better gig than Arkansas but it didn't work out that way.

You are a hoot.

RazorRam

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 03:48:13 am

Chit town hog loves the guy. He gets all curled up in a fetal position if you don't like BB. Those are the types of fans I mean. They were taken in by this farce and will never admit it. If you don't like BB you are a Wisky fan. Hint they did not like him either and are glad we got stuck with him.

RazorRam

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 22, 2017, 04:06:31 am
Dang you really are upset. Tea bagging maybe something you do with your gay friends but I don't. Sorry.  ;D

Oh you have homophobia? Closet much? You know what they say! Just be yourself son it will all work out.

longbore

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 04:09:52 am
Chit town hog loves the guy. He gets all curled up in a fetal position if you don't like BB. Those are the types of fans I mean. They were taken in by this farce and will never admit it. If you don't like BB you are a Wisky fan. Hint they did not like him either and are glad we got stuck with him.
Anybody who thinks Bielemas first choice was to be Arkansas' coach is just delusional...

Anybody in the administration that would promote that as true is a lot of things...

longbore

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 22, 2017, 04:03:35 am
Cool story bro. Five years into this train wreck and this story is just now popping up? Alverez doesn't get pissed the way he did if he was about to fire him. Also they were building a home in Madison.

So how did this story stay buried for 5 years?  ;D
Some is fact some is my opinion...what specifically are  you questioning...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 04:09:52 am

Newbie. Read the board and you will see you have drawn the wrong conclusion.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 04:12:17 am
Oh you have homophobia? Closet much? You know what they say! Just be yourself son it will all work out.

Nope I am not homophobic. I simply wouldn't find tea bagging a thing of pleasure. We will heterosexuals to funny that way. Of course you will have to trust my on the heterosexual issues.  ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 04:22:03 am
Some is fact some is my opinion...what specifically are  you questioning...

My post tells you.

ChitownHawg

moses_007

gchamblee

Thank you for posting this. I made my kid read it 3 times. I want him to understand what life will be like if he doesn't pursue an education and I believe your post finally drove the point home.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

longbore

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 22, 2017, 05:15:42 am
Well that is beside the point.  ;)

But I've got test scores to prove my idiocy...so I'm covered

moses_007

He continues to say, "I know we're close."

A blind man could see we clearly aren't close to pulling off a win.

What a dunce this coach of our is. 

hogfanincajunland

QuoteFunny two posters are newbies and now we are to believe "I called that brotha"?

Right? Because posting on some sports forum 18,000+ times makes YOU the expert. Who are you to doubt how he felt at the time of the hire? Are you saying you have to be some basement dwelling super poster to have had an opinion at that time?

rzrbackramsfan

depressed_fan

It wasn't coke, it wasn't orange juice it wasn't koolaid. What it was was, a collection of beer can's littered all over downtown little rock with about 5 percent beer left in it. All mixed together to make one big nasty raunchy beer

jcbville

RazorRam

Good, glad to help the little fella out. If he is anything like you he will need all the help he can get. 

hawginbigd1

Not to say there might not be some debatable premises in your opinions! However if you didn't know who he was you were not much of a fan or very young, because his rookie season he whipped our arse in a bowl game. Most fans don't forget those things just saying, and of course he was absolutely a top 10-20 coaching commodity.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 01:09:16 am
The beginning was so exciting

You should be beaten, left in a fire ant bed and covered in honey for digging this up...  ;) Cruelty, pure cruelty...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RazorRam

Quote from: hogfanincajunland on October 22, 2017, 06:15:26 am
Right? Because posting on some sports forum 18,000+ times makes YOU the expert. Who are you to doubt how he felt at the time of the hire? Are you saying you have to be some basement dwelling super poster to have had an opinion at that time?

Exactly. 17,999 of those were probably attacks on other Hog Fans, the rest useless drivel I am sure. He automatically thinks a new poster that does not like Bielema has to be lying or a fan from another school. He is not smart enough to realize that those people want us to keep him.

RazorRam

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 22, 2017, 03:10:44 pm
Not to say there might not be some debatable premises in your opinions! However if you didn't know who he was you were not much of a fan or very young, because his rookie season he whipped our arse in a bowl game. Most fans don't forget those things just saying, and of course he was absolutely a top 10-20 coaching commodity.

I don't keep up with Coaches from other Schools like I used to or even Football like I used to when I was younger, priorities change and things that mattered a lot when you are younger change when you get older. At one time I knew a lot of the Coaches names in CF but too many Coaching changes these days year to year makes it too hard to keep up with so I don't even bother anymore.
Outside of the SEC I can only name a handful these days. I also had many of my friends say "WHO" when he was hired. I stopped going to games back in 1997, does not make me or anyone else less of a fan because we did not know who BB was. It was just funny hearing people go from WHO? To oh he went to 3 Rose Bowls, look at his wife he can recruit and all the other nonsense fans were saying then and if you voiced your opinion that you thought the hire was terrible you would get blasted for it and a lot of us did. Now it has come full circle and nobody wants to be right in this situation but a lot of us were, bad bad hire.

sowmonella

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 04:12:17 am

You won't be on this board for long.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RazorRam

Quote from: sowmonella on October 22, 2017, 04:08:03 pm
You won't be on this board for long.

Probably not. I don't take to being called a liar and being attacked by a troll with 18,000 posts because he thinks he owns the board. Go back and read his posts. And you say I won'tbe here long? Pfffft

ChitownHawg

Quote from: longbore on October 22, 2017, 05:31:46 am
But I've got test scores to prove my idiocy...so I'm covered

I would have taken the exam but I didn't have a scantron.  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogfanincajunland on October 22, 2017, 06:15:26 am

Not sure what you are babbling about. I never said anything about expertise. Just I doubt his story.

Next time try some comprehension before you post.

LZH

If you fell for it, you are probably now choking on it.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 03:20:04 pm
Exactly. 17,999 of those were probably attacks on other Hog Fans, the rest useless drivel I am sure. He automatically thinks a new poster that does not like Bielema has to be lying or a fan from another school. He is not smart enough to realize that those people want us to keep him.

Wow! You are still whining? Grow some skin.  ;D