Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting reply from a Sooner fan to a question I asked

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, September 18, 2005, 05:29:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

regarding the idea of Arkansas hiring Mike Stoops.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm. Interesting question. Arkansas is one of those weird schools that is smack dab in the middle of recruiting nirvana (Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississipi...all of these are pretty loaded year in and year out and Arkansas is within driving distance of all of 'em) yet hasn't had a history of taking advantage of it year in and year out. Get someone like Mike in there and he might be able to turn that around. Of course, maybe he won't.

Here's another

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Stoops is and was a great recruiter. And yes, it hurt us and continues to hurt us. Anyone that does not believe that is looped. Mike Stoops was recruiting out from underneath us here in Oklahoma when he was at Kansas State. Our great players all the sudden were going to Kansas State back when they were there. He will continue to recruit great wherever he goes. And he will steal some from Texas and probably Ok. to go to AZ. We have good recuiters Bob is great, Bobby Jack Wright is great well all of them our. Plus our tradition helps. We should be o.k. actually I think it will help us this year not having a great year. Blue chippers want to play right away. We need help right away...But, Mike is great and yeah, it hurt us..

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***