Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chemistry: the beginning of the end

Started by arkhogball, September 18, 2005, 05:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhogball

chemistry between coaches is almost as important as chemistry between players.  Keith Burns(kb) was a major part of nutt's early success.  When kb left to be a head coach, nutt's coaching changed.  I think kb was very helpful in showing nutt how to attack the opposing defense. 

What made nutt's offense so good back then was that he was able to attack every part of a defense.  kb and nutt had a great chemistry on the sideline.  Some peoples gift to to greatest game on earth is as an assistant coach, and i think kb knows that now.  I was hoping so bad last year that he would be the dc again.  Although, i will say i was excited when we got RH.  I don't know if the kids respond well to his coaching or if the talent is really that bad, but something about kb being on the sidelines made nutt a better coach.  I loved the way kb coached on the sidelines during games. 

If we have a head coaching change, do any of you think kb will be considered for defensive coordinator?

HogBall94

Great observation - it did seem like the offense was a little more effective.  And you're absolutely right, some people gifts lie in the motivation area, some in game planning, adjustments, etc.

RhodeHog

I'm a lot more disappointed in our defense, than our offense or special teams.  The Defense was abysmal.

Biggus Piggus

Keith Burns was not a major part of the success.  Burns worked well when he had to share coordinator responsibilities with Bobby Allen.  When he had the reins to himself in '99, he did a lot of rash things that got us blown out a few times.  Remember Burns had nothing to do with that great defensive performance in the 2000 Cotton Bowl.  This one is off target.
[CENSORED]!

arkhogball

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 18, 2005, 06:01:34 pm
Keith Burns was not a major part of the success. Burns worked well when he had to share coordinator responsibilities with Bobby Allen. When he had the reins to himself in '99, he did a lot of rash things that got us blown out a few times. Remember Burns had nothing to do with that great defensive performance in the 2000 Cotton Bowl. This one is off target.

Thanks for bursting my bubble.