Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Everybody give Jim Lindsey and Quinn Grovey a big thank you for....

Started by madxbayhog, September 18, 2005, 03:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

madxbayhog

bringing HDN into our program. They railroaded Broyles on the way back from New York that now fateful night when he wanted to hire Tommy Tuberville. Like him or not Tuberville would have this program in the top 25 on a consistent basis. Lindsey and Grovey didn't want to spend the money to get a big time coach and now we are paying for it.

WilsonHog

Nutt was hired for two reasons: (1) he did an outstanding job selling himself to the committee; and (2) he was the underdog Arkansas boy that folks fell in love with.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 18, 2005, 03:48:34 pm
Nutt was hired for two reasons: (1) he did an outstanding job selling himself to the committee; and (2) he was the underdog Arkansas boy that folks fell in love with.
Don't forget what a "bargain" he was.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hawgfan_18

why the hell does quinn grovey have any say so on who we hire as a head coach?

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on September 18, 2005, 03:51:43 pm

He was on that "committee" during the Houston hiring circus.  That's why.  Why he was on there?  That is an excellent question. ;D

hawgfan_18

i've attended my fair share of razorback games. Can i be on the "committee"?

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on September 18, 2005, 03:52:59 pm
Quote from: hawgfan_18 on September 18, 2005, 03:51:43 pm

He was on that "committee" during the Houston hiring circus. That's why. Why he was on there? That is an excellent question. ;D

Grovey, Corey Nichols and someone else were the 3 that were pro-Nutt.  Bill Montgomery headed the 3 that were pro-Tubberville.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.