Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's review

Started by HogInMemphis, September 18, 2005, 02:13:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInMemphis

I begin posting on Pigpen in 1998 that Nolan needs to go, that he had quit on the job and no longer recruits or coaches. Everyone wanted to kill me, called me names, and said I was not a hog fan. We all know how that ended...with about 99.9% of every Hog fan agreeing with me when Nolan finally went off the deep end..a result I saw coming early on.

Then,

I began posting in '03 that Nutt needed to go and got similar reactions that I got when I began criticizing Nolan. A good 3/4's of Hog fans on these internets boards disagreed with my thoughts on Nutt. Now, about 99.9% of you appear to have thoughts agreeable with mine. And since '03, Nutt has taken the team straight down hill, showing that he's a fraud and that I had him correctly pegged several years ago.

Also,

I posted 2 seasons ago that if we went with Howard as our TB, we were doomed. I posted that Howard didn't have the talent and did not seem to have either the mental ability or the dedication to realize what potential he may have. Again, many if not most Hog fans on the internets vehemently disagreed and cussed me for singling a player out and being negative about him. Now, today, I've read more threads and posts than I can count on several boards saying that Howard should be 3rd string and get only a few touchs a game in a minor relief role...that he is too slow and not quick enough to play in the SEC or against competition like USC.

I don't mean to be rubbing your faces in it, but why do most of you let your mind change with the wind, over a game or two? Why not wait and see how it goes before you pop off against someone who has been right about the overall direction of both programs years before most saw it developing that way? I mean, 2 games ago most of you were excited and willing to give Nutt the benefit of the doubt. Now, nearly all of you want him gone. And apparently most of you don't want Howard touching the ball anymore where just last game, the Vandy game, plenty of you thought Howard was our best RB.

I'm just glad none of you are in charge of U of A athletics. Wait, you couldn't do much worse than Broyles, Nutt, and Heath over the past 3 or 4 years so maybe some of you should be in charge up there.

Theolesnort

HIM you sound bitter. But wait, I think we are becoming brothers in arms because I am bitter too.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Theolesnort on September 18, 2005, 02:34:45 pm
HIM you sound bitter. But wait, I think we are becoming brothers in arms because I am bitter too.

Bitter? Or just disappointed and a little mad? I think I'm the latter. It's sad to see Broyles oversee the total destruction of both the once proud basketball AND football programs AT THE SAME TIME.

I don't understand the slow reactions to these issues. They let Nolan hang around at least 3 years to long, really 4. And they've let Nutt hang around at least 2 years too long. Why do I see it and they do not? "They" being all who have the power to implement change in coaches.

Oklahawg

I'd trade Nolan for Heath in a New York Minute. In all seriousness and with all of his baggage intact and included in the deal. Better fire up your anti-Heath stuff because its at least six months past the time he should have been shown the door as well.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 18, 2005, 04:29:48 pm
I'd trade Nolan for Heath in a New York Minute. In all seriousness and with all of his baggage intact and included in the deal. Better fire up your anti-Heath stuff because its at least six months past the time he should have been shown the door as well.

The only reason I haven't "fired up the aniti-heath stuff" is because I have lost all interest in Arkansas basketball. I haven't watched or listened to a game in 3 seasons I think. I'm not kidding. I'm one fan who they completely lost several years ago. I rarely even have a thought about Hog basketball and the idea of watching or listening to a game doesn't even occur to me during the season. Thus, I don't care if Heath is there for the rest of my life...I'll never think about it one way or the other.

I can still be kept as a football fan but they are on thin ice there now with me.

Biggus Piggus

It really is a mystery why Nolan was fired for having a .500 record against the toughest schedule in school history, while Nutt has not been fired and his program is in a death spiral.
[CENSORED]!

tophawg19

guys the problem is that the U OF A staff have accepted this as the best we can do and are content to set back and count their money .mens FB& BB and womens BB are at the worst level i can remember as a fan of over 30 years and not 1 damn thing is being done . we just keep giving bad coaches extensions .never have we had back to back losses this bad . at least till next week .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins