Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt Isn't Going Anywhere

Started by WilsonHog, September 18, 2005, 02:07:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

The main reason that he isn't going anywhere is that he's a far better politician than he is a football coach. While that normally wouldn't mean much, given the current landscape around the Broyles Complex it means everything.  HDN is the primary benefactor of the fact that he is the favored son of Jim Lindsey, our version of Auburn's Bobby Lowder. Lindsey is wielding the power right now, both around the periphery of the football program and with the Board of Trustees.

The only way that equation changes is if the season goes so far downhill that Lindsey either decides it's no longer in his best interest to support Nutt, or if his base of power erodes.  That'll take 4-7 or worse, maybe even 3-8.

Razorback football has become a political play pretty. If any of us ever believed that the program actually belonged to the fans across the state, we now know better.

Unless he figures that Lindsey is his best chance to remain as AD until his death, for the life of me I can't figure out why Frank Broyles let this happen.

PiggoBitttys

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

kremlinhog

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Theolesnort

But Wilson it is no longer in Lindsey's best interest for Nutt to be the coach at this very moment and I can't believe that he does not know it.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

SultanofSwine

Ya'll better be hopin we get ONE more win, two is almost out of the question. And this may not be the bottom. If we don't have a coaching change before the end of the season, we ill almost assuredly lose this coming recruiting class which will take us even further back. I wish the players would hold a press conference and just quit, refuse to play for this staff, publically thank the fans for thier support and tell HDN to go straight to hell. That may be the only way to force change.

Cresthog

I refuse to believe that the administration would not take action when the fans of the university are clearly speaking out against the head coach. This isnt a Frank Solich deal either. Houston did not win 7 games last season and did not make it to a bowl game. Our program is on the decline and everyone knows it, even the preseason magazines said so. If these hogs go 4-7, 5-6 even and no coaching change, you better believe that those seats in one of the nicest stadiums in the nation will be empty. And that my friend is when things really beign to get ugly and we welcome back the Crowe and Ford days of our respectable program.

sleeping midget

Quote from: Cresthog on September 18, 2005, 02:28:03 pm
I refuse to believe that the administration would not take action when the fans of the university are clearly speaking out against the head coach. This isnt a Frank Solich deal either. Houston did not win 7 games last season and did not make it to a bowl game. Our program is on the decline and everyone knows it, even the preseason magazines said so. If these hogs go 4-7, 5-6 even and no coaching change, you better believe that those seats in one of the nicest stadiums in the nation will be empty. And that my friend is when things really beign to get ugly and we welcome back the Crowe and Ford days of our respectable program.

Don't you wish Coach Nutt had bolted for Nebraska now?

HogInMemphis

What happened to my post in this thread?

sleeping midget

Cresthog

sleeping midget you never cease to amaze me.

HogInMemphis

If Nutt isn't coaching the Arkansas School for the Deaf by next August, Arkansas football will be permanently dismantled. We'll be KY in football for the next couple of decades at least.

HawgWyld

Quote from: sleeping midget on September 18, 2005, 02:49:23 pm
Don't you wish Coach Nutt had bolted for Nebraska now?

I was hoping and praying Boxcar Nutt would bolt to Nebraska as soon as those rumors started flying.

JJHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 18, 2005, 02:07:57 pm
Unless he figures that Lindsey is his best chance to remain as AD until his death, for the life of me I can't figure out why Frank Broyles let this happen.

That's the only thing that makes sense right now--how can anyone that is a competitior, including Lindsey, let this drag on past this season? I can hear it now "but we've got Mustain coming, things wil be better"
" Think Right, Do Right"

HogHillbilly

The "Good Ole Boy" syndrome is why Nutt is still here. All of the "Boys" are protecting each other on the hill. I said it on another post earlier. Whining on web-pages might make you feel better, but it ain't gonna fix the problem. We (the Hog faithful) need to start -----CALLING----- Broyels' office and let him know how we feel. He and the board can ignore these forums, but they CAN NOT ignore thousands of phone calls every day. If we don't start yelling now, we WILL be stuck with another NUTTless season next year. So get off your asses and start calling Broyels and all the board members !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Cresthog

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 18, 2005, 03:27:38 pm
The "Good Ole Boy" syndrome is why Nutt is still here. All of the "Boys" are protecting each other on the hill. I said it on another post earlier. Whining on web-pages might make you feel better, but it ain't gonna fix the problem. We (the Hog faithful) need to start -----CALLING----- Broyels' office and let him know how we feel. He and the board can ignore these forums, but they CAN NOT ignore thousands of phone calls every day. If we don't start yelling now, we WILL be stuck with another NUTTless season next year. So get off your asses and start calling Broyels and all the board members !

Can you give me the number?

HOGSnDOGS

We can't wait for someone to come save HDN butt!!  He has mired us down in mediocrity too long.  Even when we got to bowl games or conference championships, we were usually embarrassed by the other team.  We lost to teams we shouldn't have and got blown out by teams we should have beat.

HogHillbilly

I will have to dig a little deeper for the board members fon numbers, unless somebody on here already has them. But, here is Frank Broyels number..................479-575-2755---------------I hope that everyone starts calling tomorrow, or we are in for it next year too............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Kilgor

Quote from: Cresthog on September 18, 2005, 03:29:33 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 18, 2005, 03:27:38 pm

Can you give me the number?

See the stickied thread at the top of the forum for contact info.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Oklahawg

When HDN was confronted with "crisis" moments in the past he somehow managed to rally the troops to victory, and halt the witchhunt. Beating Bama won't slow it enough--it would take a wholesale turnaround in every phase of the game to not lose this team by November 1st. Sadlym, that's when we look up and see 3 games we SHOULD win. (How can we recruit better players than coaches? I often wonder if RJ wouldn't be better off scratching plays in the dirt on the sideline while not on the field....)

The meltdown will affect things that don't appear on the field. How HDN's kids are treated at school. The scowls and obscene gestures he and his wife get driving around town.  I'd love to know how long Butch Davis and Johnny Tyson made it on the sideline Saturday night.

If you want a new idea to kick around, why not champion Butch Davis to replace JFB? Then, let him boot the staff out the door and start over. I think we can more easily push on the big boosters to oust JFB than HDN for the very reasons Wilson states in the opening post of this thread.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

sofullofwayne

We need to get rid of this nice guy karma BS and take after Jermain Taylor and go with whats leading us into the future.

And thats not freaking Houston Nutt. We dont have a KILLER INSTINCT that is needed to win games. He's like the jelly on your PB and J sandwhich. It tastes good but hardly fills you up.
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

lumphog

Watching the HDN show, makes me agree with you Wilson. Nutt acts like he dosen`t have a care in the world.If we let BUTCH get away we`re screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WilsonHog

I'm going to make a statement that many of you will disagree with, but I believe it more and more everyday.

The worst thing to happen to our football program in recent times was when John White failed in his attempt to push Frank Broyles out the door.

BossHog13

Wilson, you hit the nail right on the head! Frank Broyles is the problem! He is the one hiring these coaches like Nutt and Heath, and he is the reason there is always problems with Great coaches likes Nolan! If he was a better man, the conflicts that have resulted with the winning coaches we've had would never have happened!!! Start at the top; go to the CORE of the problem! GET RID OF FRANK!!!!!!!

footballfan

Coach Nutt is a great coach, recruiter, and motivator.  Arkansas will get better during the season, and Coach Nutt will stay the rest of the year and next.  We will win 5, maybe 6, and possibly 7 games this season, and will be much better next year.

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: JJHog on September 18, 2005, 03:20:55 pmThat's the only thing that makes sense right now--how can anyone that is a competitior, including Lindsey, let this drag on past this season?

Lindsey, a competitor.  Yep, let's just compete.  And only compete.

In the article that John White listed the now famous qualifications for Danny Ford's successor, read the final part....the quote from Lindsey.

http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/uacoach/expect2.html

Or, I'll save you the trouble....

"If three Mississippi teams ... can have winning seasons all in the same season, tell me why Arkansas can't?" said Jim Lindsey, a member of the 1964 national championship team and the 1997 selection committee. "We are going to try to find the type of person that can bring us the national competitiveness. Not a national championship, national competitiveness."

Yep, let's just compete.  And only compete.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

WilsonHog

Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on September 18, 2005, 06:25:09 pm
Quote from: JJHog on September 18, 2005, 03:20:55 pmThat's the only thing that makes sense right now--how can anyone that is a competitior, including Lindsey, let this drag on past this season?

Lindsey, a competitor. Yep, let's just compete. And only compete.

In the article that John White listed the now famous qualifications for Danny Ford's successor, read the final part....the quote from Lindsey.

http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/uacoach/expect2.html

Or, I'll save you the trouble....

"If three Mississippi teams ... can have winning seasons all in the same season, tell me why Arkansas can't?" said Jim Lindsey, a member of the 1964 national championship team and the 1997 selection committee. "We are going to try to find the type of person that can bring us the national competitiveness. Not a national championship, national competitiveness."

Yep, let's just compete. And only compete.

We're hardly competitive regionally, much less nationally.

HawgWyld

Quote from: footballfan on September 18, 2005, 06:24:03 pm
Coach Nutt is a great coach, recruiter, and motivator. Arkansas will get better during the season, and Coach Nutt will stay the rest of the year and next. We will win 5, maybe 6, and possibly 7 games this season, and will be much better next year.

How's the weather down in Tuscaloosa this time of year?