Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Howard, Hillis @ TB, and Cornerbacks oh MY!

Started by Kilgor, September 18, 2005, 01:00:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilgor

1.  Howard should not see the field over Felix Jones and Darren McFadden.  He is a nice backup.  Every carry he gets over those two reduces our chances of winning.  THAT IS A FACT.

2.  Peyton Hillis is NOT a freakin tailback.  He is strong as an ox and can sometimes push the pile for 5 yards, but sometimes he can't and he will not break long runs like Jones or McFadden.  He is an excellent running, blocking, and receiving fullback.

3.  Do we have cornerbacks?  I didn't see any on the field last night.

Go Hogs!  :razorback:
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

rricha

I have said all along that Hillis was not a feature back and other posters talked bad about me.  If he desires to play at the next level he will play fullback and love blocking.  If the coaching staff cares about him they will stop fooling him.

lumphog

Good points, I couldn`t agree with you more. What was hillis`s yards per carry lastnight? I don`t blame him, he`s out of position. This coaching staff is a JOKE!!!!!!

thundergraham15

Quote from: lumphog on September 18, 2005, 01:14:52 pm
Good points, I couldn`t agree with you more. What was hillis`s yards per carry lastnight? I don`t blame him, he`s out of position. This coaching staff is a JOKE!!!!!!
He does look good to me at a fb and Kyle Dickerson look more like a rb

lumphog

Moma Graham I think they should let you take over for the rest of the season. You are far more knowledgable than those NUTTs running the show now. :-*

Buck Ocean

QuoteHe does look good to me at a fb and Kyle Dickerson look more like a rb

Not only do they look like a fb & rb, respectively, but they also perform like a fb & a rb.

Three games into this season and we still have the chemistry set just scattered out all over the science room.

Let's find us a defensive/offensive scheme and just stick with it.
Think like a Jedi

thundergraham15

Quote from: Buck Ocean on September 18, 2005, 01:33:38 pm
QuoteHe does look good to me at a fb and Kyle Dickerson look more like a rb

Not only do they look like a fb & rb, respectively, but they also perform like a fb & a rb.

Three games into this season and we still have the chemistry set just scattered out all over the science room.

Let's find us a defensive/offensive scheme and just stick with it.
Buck maybe he will get the message does any body have an E-mail address for HDN I will make these suggestios to him.

rricha

Kilgor

Kilgor

Quote from: mamagraham on September 18, 2005, 01:19:25 pm
Quote from: lumphog on September 18, 2005, 01:14:52 pm
He does look good to me at a fb and Kyle Dickerson look more like a rb

I agree.

Foots

Michael Grant made a couple of good plays last night. Chris Houston couldn't stop a sweat on a cold day. That dumbhead can't even turn around to look for the ball.

Oklahawg

To even begin to talk about what player(s) played well/poorly is rediculous. We just got all appendages mangled in a farm equipment accident and you are wanting to size shoes and gloves.

When we once again see talent more similar to ours over the next two games then we can once again set out to dissect who should play more or less.

All of this with one caveat--Jones and McFadden played like the stars we all wanted them to be.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BUBBAK

dawgsnhawgs

our defensive secondary is possibly the worst i've ever seen.

lumphog

The defense has given up on the coach. Lastnight they were running around lost, just making a showing.

dawgsnhawgs

i agree.  it did look like they just gave up.  to me that is a reflection of coaching.

Kilgor

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 18, 2005, 04:25:49 pm
To even begin to talk about what player(s) played well/poorly is rediculous. We just got all appendages mangled in a farm equipment accident and you are wanting to size shoes and gloves.

When we once again see talent more similar to ours over the next two games then we can once again set out to dissect who should play more or less.

All of this with one caveat--Jones and McFadden played like the stars we all wanted them to be.

I repeat EVERY CARRY D. HOWARD GETS MAKES IT LESS LIKELY THAT WE WIN.  His carries need to go to F. Jones and D. McFadden.  I have seen 2 of the 3 games this year.  It is obvious that those two are head and shoulders above D. Howard.

There is a limited number of carries.  QUIT WASTING THEM!!!!!!!!

Oklahawg

I have seen all 3 games. After Jones long TD run vs Missouri State I turned to the guy next to me and said, "if Jones doesn't start next week then HDN is willing to lose. Jones is the best RB we've seen here since Barry Foster."

He reminded me of that at the end of the Vandy game, after Jones had a couple of solid returns but no carries to speak of.

Howard should have been shown the FB position last spring when we saw what was coming on board. Where's all that speed he regained? He's slower than Hillis, for crying out loud.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WilsonHog

Quote from: Kilgor on September 18, 2005, 01:00:24 pm
1. Howard should not see the field over Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. He is a nice backup. Every carry he gets over those two reduces our chances of winning. THAT IS A FACT.

2. Peyton Hillis is NOT a freakin tailback. He is strong as an ox and can sometimes push the pile for 5 yards, but sometimes he can't and he will not break long runs like Jones or McFadden. He is an excellent running, blocking, and receiving fullback.

3. Do we have cornerbacks? I didn't see any on the field last night.

Go Hogs! :razorback:

One thing that last night proved to me is that Materrial Richardson can run.

Every time I saw him on the screen he was chasing after a USC player, usually the one with the ball.

snoutface

It seems to me the secondary lacks the most basic fundamentals of pass coverage past being able to stand up and run.  Isn't B. Allen the cornerbacks coach?  Once again, a nice guy, but his product is crap.  If we're looking for some place to begin the bloodletting, I'd start there.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

dawgsnhawgs

it wasn't like the usc receivers were just making catches over our corners.  most of the time they were wide open with noone around them.

Michael11

Is Vinnet hurt he starts and then doesn't play anymore. It wouldn't have helped much but as lost as Houston looked it couldn't have hurt!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

GrizzledHogFan

1. Howard should not see the field over Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. He is a nice backup. Every carry he gets over those two reduces our chances of winning. THAT IS A FACT.

2. Peyton Hillis is NOT a freakin tailback. He is strong as an ox and can sometimes push the pile for 5 yards, but sometimes he can't and he will not break long runs like Jones or McFadden. He is an excellent running, blocking, and receiving fullback.

Excellent observations.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

tophawg19

allen and vaughn share the secondary coaching . it takes 2 since neither knows what they are doing . herring needs to fire all but maybe rocker and find new ones .nutt will never let that happen because they are his friends . he'd rather tie herrings hands with enept assistants
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bamaupsman

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 18, 2005, 05:03:27 pm

Every time I saw him on the screen he was chasing after a USC player, usually the one with the ball.
Ya'll have a player named Materrial? Thats almost as bad as basketball player named "Scientific Map"

bamaupsman

Quote from: bamaupsman on September 18, 2005, 07:34:00 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on September 18, 2005, 05:03:27 pm

Ya'll have a player named Materrial? Thats almost as bad as basketball player named "Scientific Map"
And if he runs, shouldn't his name be "Panty Hose"?

mr4pt

Quote3.  Do we have cornerbacks?  I didn't see any on the field last night.

What?

Sure we have cornerbacks. Every football team has cornerbacks.

You just had to look really close.....they were always 15 yds behind whichever USC reciever was running for the touchdown.