Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok, Which is WORSE?

Started by PigKahuna, September 18, 2005, 09:46:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok, Which is WORSE?

Losing at home to Vandy 28-24
Losing at USC 70-17

Feralhog

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

dirty stanchez

Flatline

PorcineSublime

Naw, lots of teams will find a way to be embarrassed by USC. Not everyone can lose to a perrennial loser such as Vandy at home. Guess we will have to see how it goes next week, but I expected what happened last night. How sad is that.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

GorillaJMonsoon

My argument is that a conference home loss to VANDERBILT is much more damaging than an out of conference loss at #1 USC.  Its hurts our conference record, it was a home game to a team that we should have beaten, yet we didnt use our 2 stud fr. RBs for some reason only known to nutt.  Its was also worse to be because I have been a defender of coach nutt on the board but the Vandy game made me begin to doubt him.  I dont think coaching lost us the USC game, but it sure did the Vandy game.

Torqued pork

There was nothing that could have been done to beat USC. They have better players at every position. The Vandy loss was yet another case of Nutt not knowing how to use his personnel.

GrizzledHogFan

The Vandy game is worse by a hair.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Whataboar™

No way in Hades we were going to beat USC. Of course, I didn't expect them to hang 70 on us.  :'(
Everyone assumed we'd beat Vandy at home.
Vandy, to me, is a bigger shocker in the long run.
The USC demolition simply reaffirms what everyone thought after Vanderbilt kicked our butt.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

thundergraham15

Quote from: BigPapaHawg on September 18, 2005, 01:37:17 pm
Tie!
I will say the lost to Vandy because like they said it was the first conference game which we really need to win but Herring old team is not looking any better either they are losing to the Steelers.

rathog1

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on September 18, 2005, 10:07:16 am
There was nothing that could have been done to beat USC. They have better players at every position.

Even though I agree with that, USC (with Carroll) had never scored 70 before last night.
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

Tomhog™

Last night was embarrasing, but expected.  Just not to the tune of 70 points.  That's more like a basketball score.  Losing to vandy at home was appalling and inexcusable.  VANDY gets my vote

thundergraham15

Quote from: rathog1 on September 18, 2005, 02:25:08 pm
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on September 18, 2005, 10:07:16 am
There was nothing that could have been done to beat USC. They have better players at every position.

Even though I agree with that, USC (with Carroll) had never scored 70 before last night.
Are you serious.

wincrimson

Losing to a good VU team is worse than giving up 70 to USC? No way. . .

sleeping midget

Quote from: wincrimson on September 18, 2005, 03:47:23 pm
Losing to a good VU team is worse than giving up 70 to USC? No way. . .

Yep, and Vandy received more votes than Oklahoma in the USA Today poll.  Give the Commodores some credit.  It's once, twice, three times a winner . . . Gosh, I feel like Lionel Richie.     8)

HogHillbilly

Your little voting machine wont let me pick both !            What's up with that ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

lumphog

NUTT gave the Vanderbilt game away, and he wasn`t smart enough to be in the USC game.