Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If the blame starts @ the top

Started by wallyhog, September 18, 2005, 06:43:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyhog

JFB needs to go, he hired the village idiot. I turned the game off @ the half.  Talk about hapless, it was easily the most pitiful performance by a Hog team in history. The fans deserve better, the players deserve better.   Give it up Frank you'll never hire a guy who might make a dent in your "legacy".   You've done a fantastic job building facilities that are second to none but what we'd really are teams that can compete on nat. level l and not be the laughing stock of college football. If you love the school, the program,you'll admit it's time to move on.

Big Papa Satan

I believe it was the committee that shoved Nutt down his throat.

wallyhog

Quote from: DR on September 18, 2005, 06:45:49 am
Is it a committee that gave him a contract extension and a pat on the head sayingi "good job"?  Did a committee say he's the "right man for the job"?   I still say it's time for Frank to go, it's time to clean house and make a fresh start. We don't compete in the two major sports, football and basketball despite having some of the finest facilities in the nation. It's unacceptable, period.

pheine78

Don't lay the blame on Frank unless he doesn't fire Nutt tomorrow.  Then it will be his fault.  It will not be hard to find a better coach than Nutt.  Hell, I could probably do the job just a well, for a fraction of the pay!!!!
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

wallyhog

Quote from: pheine78 on September 18, 2005, 06:58:37 am
Don't lay the blame on Frank unless he doesn't fire Nutt tomorrow. Then it will be his fault. It will not be hard to find a better coach than Nutt. Hell, I could probably do the job just a well, for a fraction of the pay!!!!
When was the last time we had a real head coach? Lou Holtz?  Who else do you blame if you don't blame Frank?

tophawg19

CLEAN HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!! VAN HORN & JOHN Mc stay everyone else goes . there isn't anyone on the hill who can recognize good coaching talent anymore .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Torqued pork

JFB passed twice on hiring Jimmy Johnson-nuff said.

Biggus Piggus

It was Broyles who didn't fire Nutt after 2003 when this train wreck was visible.  It was Broyles who sat by hoping Nutt would leave (thereby removing the UA's obligation to pay out his contract) and watched helplessly as Jim Lindsay swooped in to "save" us.  That whole Lindsay bunch is out there.  One of Jim's sons required certain employees to attend a certain church--and to give a certain amount of money to that church.  They're a sickness on us all.
[CENSORED]!

ThisTeetsTaken

John White wants to turn the UofA into the next Vanderbilt.  Franks is the only one holding him at bay.  I say you make a deck of cards out of them:
John White=ace
Frank Broyles=king
HDN=queen of course
Heath=jack
take 'em down down in that order
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Bill_Smith

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 18, 2005, 09:58:19 am
John White wants to turn the UofA into the next Vanderbilt. Franks is the only one holding him at bay. I say you make a deck of cards out of them:
John White=ace
Frank Broyles=king
HDN=queen of course
Heath=jack
OK -- I usually stay out of this, but I can't resist since John White has become the boogyman of Joe Razorback for all this, but . . . .

. . . if John White wants to turn us into Vanderbilt, wouldn't that be 3-0?
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

Flatline

Frank wanted Tommy Tuberville and leaked that he would be hired to Orville Henry the day before.  The committee overruled and how the hell they did that I will never know and here is Coach Nutt.

sleeping midget

Quote from: Flatline on September 18, 2005, 10:34:15 am

Frank wanted Tommy Tuberville and leaked that he would be hired to Orville Henry the day before. The committee overruled and how the hell they did that I will never know and here is Coach Nutt.

If Tommy Tuberville can't even win a National Championship by going 13-0, how do folks think he could win a NC here.

And let's not forget what the Trojans did to him a couple of years ago.    I haven't seen many quicker falls from the #1 spot.   

Flatline

Quote from: sleeping midget on September 18, 2005, 10:39:29 am

Frank wanted Tommy Tuberville and leaked that he would be hired to Orville Henry the day before. The committee overruled and how the hell they did that I will never know and here is Coach Nutt.

If Tommy Tuberville can't even win a National Championship by going 13-0, how do folks think he could win a NC here.

And let's not forget what the Trojans did to him a couple of years ago. I haven't seen many quicker falls from the #1 spot.

You are an idiot.  I would love to go undefeated.  Have three guys going high in the draft.  Recruits lining up waiting for you to offer them a scholarship.

sleeping midget

Quote from: Flatline on September 18, 2005, 10:41:21 am
Quote from: sleeping midget on September 18, 2005, 10:39:29 am

And let's not forget what the Trojans did to him a couple of years ago. I haven't seen many quicker falls from the #1 spot.

You are an idiot. I would love to go undefeated. Have three guys going high in the draft. Recruits lining up waiting for you to offer them a scholarship.

Not after this season.  You can take that to the sty.

wallyhog

Franks gotta go, the whole pack of them need to be O.U.T. OUT! We need a fresh start and a fresh approach and I say again, Frank is never going to hire a football coach that will overshadow him so we will stuck with en endless procession of Hatfieid's, Crowe's, Ford's and Nutt's. Is THAT what you want for this program? 

mikeirwin

Quote from: Bill_Smith on September 18, 2005, 10:29:57 am
John White wants to turn the UofA into the next Vanderbilt. Franks is the only one holding him at bay. I say you make a deck of cards out of them:
John White=ace
Frank Broyles=king
HDN=queen of course
Heath=jack
OK -- I usually stay out of this, but I can't resist since John White has become the boogyman of Joe Razorback for all this, but . . . .

Yes Bill that would be 3-0 and better than Wake Forest, Arkansas and Ole Miss. Three mediocre football teams. Vandy's as good as they're gonna ever be right now and that's still ORDINARY.
Some here want better than that.
Maybe the road to "better than that" doesn't include any of the above individuals.

wallyhog

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 18, 2005, 02:31:45 pm
John White=ace
Frank Broyles=king
HDN=queen of course
Heath=jack

Yes Bill that would be 3-0 and better than Wake Forest, Arkansas and Ole Miss. Three mediocre football teams. Vandy's as good as they're gonna ever be right now and that's still ORDINARY.
Maybe the road to "better than that" doesn't include any of the above individuals.
So Mike with BRILLIANT hires like Jack Crowe, Kenny Hatfield, Danny Ford and HDN Frank certainly positioned us to play the kind of college ball that wins these days didn't he?  Criminy freaking Looneyville would trash us this year.
Now don't get me wrong, I have tons of respect for JFB but his day is done, he's not going to hire a forward thinking coach or anyone who is going to overshadow his legacy, that much I firmly believe and I think his track record for hiring fooballl coaches speaks to that.

Bill_Smith

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 18, 2005, 02:31:45 pm
John White=ace
Frank Broyles=king
HDN=queen of course
Heath=jack

Very well, but I couldn't resist the gaping hole in the logic.
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill