Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone still think Mort is the answer?

Started by ocelot_ark, September 17, 2005, 11:42:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ocelot_ark

Been saying for a year that he had no business holding a scholarship...now you see why.

Buff

mort's in a situation like rj was last year against georgia.  thrown out there to basically just finish the game.

Fletch

RJ seems very adequate at QB. We could win some games with him if we didn't give up half a hundred.
I feel like $100

ocelot_ark

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on September 17, 2005, 11:44:32 pm
mort's in a situation like rj was last year against georgia. thrown out there to basically just finish the game.

Not even CLOSE to the same situation. RJ came in when the only thing we could possibly hope to do is pass. Mort is in during a blowout and the dude looks like my GRANDMA taking a 5 step drop. Slow. Uncoordinated.

Buff

just threw a good one - dropback, throw, and all

LL COOL HOG

No tv hear at work.  Mort seems to be doing ok....on radio

pook

mort is doing ok. he's moving the team and looks like he knows how to play the game. not bad for a second string freshman.

Buff

he's also taking the hits like a man............that blitz is brutal to our blocking

RazrBakr

I thing Robert Johnson has done a very good job considering who's calling the plays.  I doubt he'll ever develop as a good qb-look at who he has for a coach!
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

ocelot_ark

If Mort could take a crow hop on all of his throws over 10 yards he might be okay.

HornetHog

Quote from: ocelot_ark on September 17, 2005, 11:42:06 pm
Been saying for a year that he had no business holding a scholarship...now you see why.

He'sactually looked better than I first thought.....he just needs reps....last night was a great experience for him
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

BigPapaHawg

Let's give him a chance, I don't think RJ is the answer!
WOO PIG

dawgsnhawgs

i don't think mort will ever be the starter-at least i hope not.

krack1925

my fat ass can hand the ball off up the middle.....
Rj isn't nearly as bad as the doofus calling the plays.....
BTW can anyone else ever remember us giving up 70 points?????  I can't; at least not off hand.
with this and a loss to vandy..... there is only one answer

FIRE HDN

kremlinhog

agreed, cant believe mort has a scholarship=terrible shot put throwing motion  but looks cool in the situation

bigred7987

I dont think either of them are terrible just bring different things to the table...We all know RJ is our best bet also after USC game...I believe we can comfortably say Mustain will redshirt now since RJ seems to be getting more comfortable...as long as he stays healthy

Beat auburn

I met Mort one day in Tuscaloosa.  He and his dad were attending a spring practice I was attending.  He was very interested in Alabama before the whole Price debacle.  Never watched him play, but he and his family seemed top notch.

The best to him except for this Sat.  Roll Tide. :) 

PorcineSublime

Quote from: krack1925 on September 18, 2005, 04:51:45 pm
my fat ass can hand the ball off up the middle.....
Rj isn't nearly as bad as the doofus calling the plays.....
BTW can anyone else ever remember us giving up 70 points?????  I can't; at least not off hand.
with this and a loss to vandy..... there is only one answer

FIRE HDN

I think we gave up 103 to OU in 1918, last night was number two alltime.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Buff

if he had an answer he would have given it already.  just like too many others here - all complaining about everything but offering no solutions.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 18, 2005, 09:34:09 pm
Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on September 18, 2005, 09:26:44 pm
if he had an answer he would have given it already. just like too many others here - all complaining about everything but offering no solutions.
Well I try and offer a solution, but my head is spinning so much from all the things I hear about keeping HDN as coach from RS, CB, BM, and others I don't think I make any seance?  Sorry all I know is

FIRE HDN!!!

Maybe we should try a seance  ;)  Get some spirit mojo going.  Maybe they can give Frank a "ghost of christmas future" kind of episode and we can wake up tomorrow with the knowledge that the Nuttster has been cut loose.