Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting Thread on Butch Davis and Arkansas at Hornfans

Started by WilsonHog, June 06, 2005, 12:32:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

It was started a few weeks ago, but there are some interesting comments about Davis, the Arkansas job, and the state of Arkansas in general.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=3331080&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

HogFansReunited

I love this quote from the page you posted...."The Arkansas campus is beautiful. When we were there this past year, it was THE loudest stadium I have ever been in. I couldn't talk to the guy standing right next to me. That, coupled with the fact that Arkansas has some decent talent, I wouldn't put it past any coach to take a serious look at the Arkansas job."

Now if we could just be this loud every week no matter who we were playing.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PigPusher

It is very pleasing to read of the amount of respect that many out of state fans have for our program.  Not much negativism out there.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

junkyardhog

I know the Texas game is over, but I would like to say for the record how embarassed I was to see 20 year old hog fans verbally and almost physically attacking every Texas fan who tried to get into the stadium. 

Most of the Texas fans were the "old folks" who still remember what the rivalry was.  The fans harassing them have NO IDEA what it was all about.  I am all about heckling the young folks; I should have jumped in and told the hog fans to check themselves.  I was by myself and it was gut check time, I guess I failed that gut check. :(

WilsonHog

I have a lot of respect for Texas. Always have had.  I certainly don't respect guys like Garrido for the stunt he pulled at the CWS last year, but I do respect their athletic programs and their university.  There isn't a team I'd rather play, and not a team I'd rather beat, a feeling that grows out of competing against them in the SWC for 40 or 50 years.  For many of those years, it was us and them, and because of the history we share a common bond.

Call it a respect borne out of an appreciation for history and tradition.