Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gainesville Regional Attendance

Started by Cornhogio, June 04, 2005, 02:50:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornhogio

I am not kidding when I say there are no more than 200 people in the stands right now to watch the elimination game between Notre Dame and Stetson. 

Surely there were more people in Baum for games not involving Arkansas than that in the regional last year?
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Skip Foreplay

Last year I was one of about 300 just watching Lamoyne  stretch.

hogfan98

the weather has been pretty bad down there.  all of last nights games were rescheduled for today.  i don't know what todays weather is like, but i bet that had something to do with it. 

hillbilly

I was down there every second in regionals last year, from when the gates opened, until they closed.

heathshogs

We had well over 1000 for games without Arkansas last year. Maybe closer to 2,000.

But to put it in perspective we you could take the 5700 at the Ark vs Tex game. Add Tulane/Bama, Tenn/Winthrop, G. Tech/So Carolina, MSU/Miami, or OSU/St Johns. (all late games with host school today)
And the attendance would still be below what we got last post season.
And if the TExas game was here.... I'was trying to figure out where they could put 15,000 that would likely try to see the game. 
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious