Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herring's Razorback Tenure

Started by I'M EMBARRASSED, June 03, 2005, 03:09:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If Herring turns our D around, how long do you think that we will hold on to him?

1-3 years
25 (62.5%)
3-5 years
5 (12.5%)
He will be our next coach
5 (12.5%)
He will be a head coach elsewhere
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

I'M EMBARRASSED

John Thompson came in a gave us a great D.  He moved to Fl and was there for a few years, only to become coach of a horrible program.  This just makes me wonder if Herring will take a DC job somewhere else before he is a head coach.

Bomis Hawg

3-5.

Unless courted to be a DC somewhere else, he'll be here a good while, imo.  It'll probably take some nice money to go somewhere else probably.  I am not sure if Herring will be a HC.

pioneerhog

I think if he produces as a DC and gives us a superior defense then he should be paid enough that him leaveing, for something other than a HC, would never happen JMO.

tophawg19

that sounds good it's time to step up and pay big time d-1 money for coaches who earn it and fire the ones who don't . the best teams got there by having the best coaches .we can afford these type of coaches too .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

rricha

Monte Kiffin left at the end of the 1979 season to take the job at North Carollnia State.  He should have coached  the defense in the Sugar Bowl but Lou turned the denfense over to the late Bobby Cope who was in over his head.  He was fired at the end of the pitiful 1980 season.

tophawg19

kiffin was 1 coach we should have spent no matter how much it took to keep him . he may be the best defensive mind in football period .

hawgfan_18

last time i checked, herring was one of the highest paid DC's in the country at the collegiate level, so if its about money then there is only two steps up, a head coaching job at the collegiate level or a DC job in the pros.

tophawg19

as the cost goes up and it will we must continue to spend what it takes to keep our good coaches and get others to go with them .

tophawg19

what makes me so mad is that we have the money spend . there are plenty of good assistants out there it just takes money and a good head coach that the assistants believe in to hire them . we bring in most of the best every year for the broyles award so they are familiar with ark. and our facilities more than one has asked for a tour so they are at least intrested . let's go after some of these o/c coaches and find a recruiting coach nutt can motivate will enough to do the H/C job if he had a top o/c along with herring .

Anti-OtisII

1-3  If he turns our defense around, he will deserve and get the chance to take the next step.  Those are the type of assistant coaches you should want at your school.  I hope and pray he is the real deal.  We're going to need it. 

tophawg19

but will broyles break his rule about only hiring head coaches who have previous H/C experence .?